You know what I hate about our offense.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the biggest problem with the Bills offense is the Bills defense. Imagine if Fitz could play with the Denver defense and twice a game you needed to score to win. You can punt 7 or 8 times a game and if you score a couple of time you win. You never throw into coverage and when you have the lead you are happy to punt. Give this offense a few stops, let them play with the lead and have some healthy wide receivers and we are Ok on offense. We need to stop teams on D to compete. I hope we can get a couple of more defense stoppers for next year and you wont have to worry about what you hate about our offense.

I said the number 1 thing I hated about the offense was the defense, now I realize why people say nuff said.

Yep, run the ball baby! We need to be rooting for San Fran and NYG because if they do well then their styles will be implemented more around the league instead of this No hitting No defense and No smashmouth Arena league football that's being played today.

On a side note there would be less concussions in the League if QBs and WRs weren't being exposed to all these big hits, There were way less concussions just 20 years ago.

the Bills can't consistently run the ball from a traditional power offense because their OL is not capable of it.

They can't win consistently at the point of attack, especially when teams can stack the box due to the non-existent mid to long range passing game.

the run game was productive at times in 2011 because of the lanes created by the spread formation.

The Bills need an NFL quality line to run an NFL caliber offense

Without a LT, you are severely limited in what you can run

Edited by spartacus

With a formation that includes somebody lined up in the backfield there are several options: you can hand off, or run play action, or he can stay and block, or he can sneak out for a dump off pass. With an empty backfield, these options are not available and the defense has less to worry about. This has been a common criticism/complaint/observation by posters on this forum since early November.

Percentage blame for average offensive performance (IMO):

20% Marginally talented roster

60% Injuries decimating said marginally talented roster

20% Bad strategy… over-reliance on certain formations (including the spread) and certain plays (passing too much with a worn-out QB who can't carry an offense on his shoulders), an inability to adjust to opponents tactics

I have to agree with this. At least some thought came out of this otherwise unremarkable original post.

Edited by Green Lightning