This Guy

He is exactly what this team needs. As bad as Fitz' deep ball is, he does throw it up there and gives his guys a chance to make plays. I would fill much more comfortable with VJax going for the ball rather than Donald Jones.

But it's gonna take a ton of money for someone who lived in Whale's Vagina to come to beautiful Buffalo because of the reputation. IT's also worth noting that I believe he already had 2 DWIs.

He is exactly what this team needs. As bad as Fitz' deep ball is, he does throw it up there and gives his guys a chance to make plays. I would fill much more comfortable with VJax going for the ball rather than Donald Jones.

But it's gonna take a ton of money for someone who lived in Whale's Vagina to come to beautiful Buffalo because of the reputation. IT's also worth noting that I believe he already had 2 DWIs.

Ralph said he needs someone to throw to- friggin' get em' :devil:

Doesn't the team have to be up to 99% of the cap this coming season? Or is it still a few years away?

I think it's the start of the 2013 season. This year is more than last but not sure the difference. Were a year away though and I actually think Chan and Nix may try and get an advance in thier allowance this year since it's a do or die year. Not saying they will try for VJ, but I expect a big check for someone in FA.

I think it's the start of the 2013 season. This year is more than last but not sure the difference. Were a year away though and I actually think Chan and Nix may try and get an advance in thier allowance this year since it's a do or die year. Not saying they will try for VJ, but I expect a big check for someone in FA.

Cool. Thanks, I wasn't sure when it started. But you're right, they almost HAVE to spend some cash this season, if for no other reason than to lessen the dent they'll have to make in '13.

Merriman, Florence, and Nix are all familiar with him from their time in San Diego.

Time to reverse the Butler/Wiley/Flutie move.

Open up the wallet and sign Jackson and SJ13. We need to sign 2 of the FA WRs.

Vincent Jackson and Stevie Wonder is what we need to compete in the AFC East. Defense in the draft :worthy:

Merriman, Florence, and Nix are all familiar with him from their time in San Diego.

Time to reverse the Butler/Wiley/Flutie move.

Open up the wallet and sign Jackson and SJ13. We need to sign 2 of the FA WRs.

Did Nix have a role in him getting selected by SD? I remember Nix talking about how they built that SD team to beat the Indianapolis Colts and their secondary, which was one thing that the Colts had was a terrible secondary. They wanted to have a size advantage over smaller CBs, so they drafted taller, more physically opposing WRs than the smaller gadget players like Roscoe and Desean Jackson.

With that in mind I wonder if Chix are building this team with a particular team in the AFC they felt that would have to match up well against. If they wanted to have a team again that had the more physical WRs, then VJAX would be a great addition.

Did Nix have a role in him getting selected by SD? I remember Nix talking about how they built that SD team to beat the Indianapolis Colts and their secondary, which was one thing that the Colts had was a terrible secondary. They wanted to have a size advantage over smaller CBs, so they drafted taller, more physically opposing WRs than the smaller gadget players like Roscoe and Desean Jackson.

With that in mind I wonder if Chix are building this team with a particular team in the AFC they felt that would have to match up well against. If they wanted to have a team again that had the more physical WRs, then VJAX would be a great addition.

I have no idea if Nix scouted him.

On one hand, Nix was mostly scouting in the South (iirc) and Jackson is from/played at Northern Colorado.

On the other, Nix has an eye for WRs since he was the Head Coach that heavily recruited and brought Terrell Owens to Tenn-Chattanooga. But that is in the SE as well...

I'd assume that Nix was on board with drafting Jackson one way or another.

Edited by DrDareustein

Some of them want rings.

Yeah -- for their LAST contract. Not their big one. Jackson has one shot at a big deal. His next contract will be nowhere near as big as what he's about to get now.

Money now. Win later. That's the modern athlete's mantra.

I have no idea if Nix scouted him.

On one hand, Nix was mostly scouting in the South (iirc) and Jackson is from/played at Northern Colorado.

On the other, Nix has an eye for WRs since he was the Head Coach that heavily recruited and brought Terrell Owens to Tenn-Chattanooga. But that is in the SE as well...

I'd assume that Nix was on board with drafting Jackson one way or another.

That's true, nix did recruit a WR 20 years ago. But while were totally overgeneralizing- he did say we'd build through the draft so doesn't that mean we will never sign a FA?