The Entitlement Mentality

At this point in time the extension of unemployment isn't a bad thing. Get rid of it if you really want to see the economy take a nose dive. I don't argue that people who work hard succeed and there are some who really don't care and are happy to take a check from the government. What I'm getting at with my argument is that no matter how hard I worked for my tuition for the school I still didn't get the # I wanted. Yeah, that's a stupid resentment now but it was important to me at the time.

Such is the attitude from those in OWS. There are some in the middle class and lower middle class who are saying "I worked my ass off, where's my piece of the pie?"

You can only take my word for it. When I say successful I mean happy with where I am in life. Not rich but not poor. Happy to be working at a time when many are not.

What percentage of those in OWS are saying that they worked their butt off?

Any guess as to what percentage of those are delusional, smoking some really good stuff, or both?

Of those few that aren't delusional nor smoking some really good stuff, what percentage worked their butt off earning a degree in such high demand fields as women's studies and the like?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any guess as to what percentage of those are delusional, smoking some really good stuff, or both?

Of those few that aren't delusional nor smoking some really good stuff, what percentage worked their butt off earning a degree in such high demand fields as women's studies and the like?

Yes, don't listen to them because they are not perfect people, meanwhile the GOP is on the way to nominating another prince born with a silver dick in his mouth.

So Obama is a self made man, yes?

At this point in time the extension of unemployment isn't a bad thing. Get rid of it if you really want to see the economy take a nose dive.

Some would argue that if you really want to see unemployment numbers take a nose dive, cut off unemployment benefits. It's impossible to explain this any more simply: WE HAVE NO MORE MONEY. We can't simply continue to borrow money to give to people to be non-productive simply because we're afraid the economy will take a nose dive. One way or another, we're taking it in the shorts. Delaying the inevitable only promises to make it worse for those behind us. Why liberals fail to understand this point, especially when they tend to think they're the educated ones, is baffling to me.

Such is the attitude from those in OWS. There are some in the middle class and lower middle class who are saying "I worked my ass off, where's my piece of the pie?"

I remember being stupid enough to ask "Where is my piece of the pie?" It lasted all of five minutes when the person I posed the question to made me see everything a completely different way when he told me this: "If you don't like the fact that you're busting your ass at this job and getting nowhere, you only have to ask yourself a series of questions. Question #1: Can you change the situation at work? If the answer is yes, then do it. If the answer is no, then go to Question #2: Can you live with it? IF the answer is yes, then go back to work and STFU. If the answer is No, then..."

And that was all it took for me to suddenly and finally realize that the only person responsible for my problem was me. So I came up with a plan; repackaged myself, considered different career moves, and expanded the areas where I would go to find work, and packed my crap and moved and moved and moved again until I was finally happy with my choices. This is probably where a bleeding heart like yourself starts to tell me it's just not that easy for some people...or some other BS excuse for mediocrity that the "Where's my piece of the pie?" people believe.

You work your ass off and wonder where you piece of the pie is? Sounds to me like you need to find another way to get your piece of the pie. And STFU in the process because no one likes a whiner except other whiners.

Entitlement Mentality? is that like bankers who feel entitled to huge bonuses even though they've run their institution into the ground and they are sucking on the government tit to prevent from going belly up.

Are those same bankers who were in the mortgage departments and have been been out of work for 3 years? Or bankers who had nothing to do with mortgages, yet get painted with the same brush because they are still bankers?

oh.... but let's give them some credit here....

They did in fact get off their butts and go to the polls to vote for their savior, cash cow obumer....

doesn't that qualify for some freebee's???

Are those same bankers who were in the mortgage departments and have been been out of work for 3 years? Or bankers who had nothing to do with mortgages, yet get painted with the same brush because they are still bankers?

I don't paint all Bankers as evil for the acts of a few, or all Muslims as terrorist for the acts of a few, or all law enforcement as abusers for the acts of a few But there are terrorist and there are abusive cops and there are people in finance who are committing illegal or unethical acts but it's only in finance that people try to make the case that illegal or unethical acts should be tolerated because of the benefits of the financial system as a whole.

I don't paint all Bankers as evil for the acts of a few, or all Muslims as terrorist for the acts of a few, or all law enforcement as abusers for the acts of a few But there are terrorist and there are abusive cops and there are people in finance who are committing illegal or unethical acts but it's only in finance that people try to make the case that illegal or unethical acts should be tolerated because of the benefits of the financial system as a whole.

The only reason anyone makes that case is because YOU have this warped and completely !@#$ed-up sense of "illegal" as it pertains to finance, and every time someone tries to correct your breathtaking ignorance you interpret it as "defending" "criminals".

So you start off saying that you don't paint all bankers in the same brush and end up saying that you do.

So you start off saying that you don't paint all bankers in the same brush and end up saying that you do.

come on now- you, DCTom , Nanker, ChefJim and Magox don't make up the whole financial industry- just because we have lots of bad apples on PPP doesn't mean I hold the whole financial industry in low regard in fact here's John C. Bogle, founder of the Vanguard and a fine upstanding fellow.

PERFECT TIMING...

Just days before Christmas, the Obama administration gave Bank of America a big lump of coal, levying a hefty $335 million dollar fine on the company for discriminating against minorities in its lending practices.

Supposedly Countrywide, a mortgage company bought by Bank of America in 2008, had not given out enough low interest rate loans to minorities from 2004 to 2008.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/01/02/obama-has-learned-nothing-from-mortgage-meltdown-mess/#ixzz1iUQbU200

Whose "fault" is all this...the drunk driver? Or the guy sitting next to him with a gun in one hand and a bottle of moonshine in the other, screaming at the driver "DRINK THIS!!!!!!"

A department investigation concluded that Countrywide loan officers and brokers charged higher fees and rates to more than 200,000 minority borrowers across the country than to white borrowers who posed the same credit risk. Countrywide also steered more than 10,000 minority borrowers into costly subprime mortgages when white borrowers with similar credit profiles received regular loans, it found.

Yes, Countrywide's lending practices had a part in the crisis.

Thanks for stating the obvious.

In lybob's "mind," criticizing his drivel is defending Countrywide, even though I've never seen anyone here actually defend Countrywide.

Look....suicide is sno laughing matter and kids endure some serious ****. I get it. But I cannot help but think that if you are triggered to kill yourself becuase a few people "made fun of you" there may be deeper issues at play. And I FIRMLY think the root of a lot of those issues are how we coddle our children.

You couldn't be far from the truth... kids cannot possibly defend themselves anymore. How can you fight back when the system punishes both bully and victim? In my day, if someone made fun of you, you'd fight them, knock them down, and that would be the end of that. You can't do that now...

You couldn't be far from the truth... kids cannot possibly defend themselves anymore. How can you fight back when the system punishes both bully and victim? In my day, if someone made fun of you, you'd fight them, knock them down, and that would be the end of that. You can't do that now...

Thats probably true. sadly. Again...the "everyone wins" mentality.

I formulated this opinion based on one thing....the week after that Rutgers kid pitched himself off the GW Bridge and "bullying" and "being outed" was blamed for it, I found myself on the walkway for that bridge and took a look down. I couldnt help but think NO WAY this kid lept off this thing solely becuase a few dorm mates made fun of him becuase he was gay. Especially in this day and age where homosexuality doesnt hold one ounce the stigma it did even 25 years ago, especially for college kids. These kids have something else going on and something else wrong with them.Shoehorning "bullying" in as "the problem", that if suddenly, magically done away will stop these kids from killing themselves, is extremely short-sighted and naive.

Edited by RkFast

Thats probably true. sadly. Again...the "everyone wins" mentality.

I formulated this opinion based on one thing....the week after that Rutgers kid pitched himself off the GW Bridge and "bullying" and "being outed" was blamed for it, I found myself on the walkway for that bridge and took a look down. I couldnt help but think NO WAY this kid lept off this thing solely becuase a few dorm mates made fun of him becuase he was gay. Especially in this day and age where homosexuality doesnt hold one ounce the stigma it did even 25 years ago, especially for college kids. These kids have something else going on and something else wrong with them.Shoehorning "bullying" in as "the problem", that if suddenly, magically done away will stop these kids from killing themselves, is extremely short-sighted and naive.

Suicidal kids, in most cases, yes I could see that, but the main factor is that they are still kids, and don't know how to handle themselves. They see suicide as an easy way out when they have no one to turn to in order to make it stop, and have no avenue to act themselves. How do adults react to these people in real life? Fight back, revenge, ignore them if you can... we have the wisdom; they do not.