Bad calls in favor of Pats

I noticed a few blown calls against the Pats that were so blatant the commentators mentioned them.

1. Hernandez taunting while running into the endzone. Totally blatant. Even more so than SJs "Happy New Year"

2. Late hit on Fitzy after he was out of bounds. IMO was worse than the late hit call on Florence last week.

I also noticed most of Chung's tackles were borderline 15 yard penalties compared to similar calls I've seen over the course of 2011 games. (Leading with helmet against defensless WRs, but of course it would never be called on the Pats.) Others? I didn't watch most of the second half :(

I noticed a few blown calls against the Pats that were so blatant the commentators mentioned them.

1. Hernandez taunting while running into the endzone. Totally blatant. Even more so than SJs "Happy New Year"

2. Late hit on Fitzy after he was out of bounds. IMO was worse than the late hit call on Florence last week.

I also noticed most of Chung's tackles were borderline 15 yard penalties compared to similar calls I've seen over the course of 2011 games. (Leading with helmet against defensless WRs, but of course it would never be called on the Pats.) Others? I didn't watch most of the second half :(

Did you miss the "penalty" against Flo? Brady looked like a soccer player on that one.

Also blatant holds by the Pats that weren't called, Belichick running over to an official to complain about Levitre holding on a big run by Spiller and Levitre getting flagged for holding on the very next play, Marcia complaining to the refs about late hits and defensive holding on every single pass play.

In other words, The Usual. The Pats don't win without their 12th man, they never have.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

I hope you're kidding. Florence's flop was much, much worse. He's lucky he didn't get penalized.

Hahaaaha. I missed Flo flop and I missed Brady's flop. Who flopped first?? Maybe Flo was just making fun of Brady?

Florence has a history of game changing penalties against the Pats. Anyone remember the head butt in the 2007 AFC divisional playoff game??? I'll never forget that one.

Hahaaaha. I missed Flo flop and I missed Brady's flop. Who flopped first?? Maybe Flo was just making fun of Brady?

Florence has a history of game changing penalties against the Pats. Anyone remember the head butt in the 2007 AFC divisional playoff game??? I'll never forget that one.

I was wondering the same thing. Either way, it's funny to watch something as pathetic as that.

Flo was definitely making fun of Tommy Boy. Here's a word of advice to Tommy Boy: next time you throw an INT, take a seat on the field and suck your thumb. And a word of advice to players who hit him if he doesn't: nail the **** out of him.

I saw Patrick Chung make atleast 3 tackles where he left his feet and launched himself at the head of receiver/ ball carrier. Never called of course.

Thanks for noticing! You're only allowed to do that if your a Patriot. The rest of the league gets penalties/fines for tackles like that.

From Boston's top morning show, Brady was asked..

On if he gets favorable treatment from officials after a questionable call on a Bills player for pushing him: "I haven't gotten any calls all year. That was maybe my first call all year. I don't think I've gotten any roughing or any of that. I know, it's funny, because people say that. I don't get any calls. ... Receivers get calls, DBs get calls. But when a quarterback gets calls, there's some big issue with it. Everyone's bitching about quarterbacks getting calls. There's linemen that hold and don't get called. There's D-linemen that hold and don't get called. It's part of the game."

From Boston's top morning show, Brady was asked..

On if he gets favorable treatment from officials after a questionable call on a Bills player for pushing him: "I haven't gotten any calls all year. That was maybe my first call all year. I don't think I've gotten any roughing or any of that. I know, it's funny, because people say that. I don't get any calls. ... Receivers get calls, DBs get calls. But when a quarterback gets calls, there's some big issue with it. Everyone's bitching about quarterbacks getting calls. There's linemen that hold and don't get called. There's D-linemen that hold and don't get called. It's part of the game."

He's been getting those calls all year, all decade, so WTF is he talking about??

Did anyone else hear this . . .

One of the announcers said one new rule is you cannot hit the QB on change-of-possession plays (fumbles & INT's). I was not aware of this and can't believe it's true. Anyone . . . .???

I believe the rule is you cannot just turn around and drill the QB on an interception as if he was a regular player and you were just throwing a regular block. In other words, same good clean block on the TE would be a 15 yd penalty if thrown at the QB on a pick or a fumble return.

Did anyone else hear this . . .

One of the announcers said one new rule is you cannot hit the QB on change-of-possession plays (fumbles & INT's). I was not aware of this and can't believe it's true. Anyone . . . .???

If this is the rule than on an INT/Fumble the QB should required to run to the sideline or lay down in the field in the ftal position. What a horse **** rule, QB can try to tackle the person but everyone must stay away from them.

I believe the rule is you cannot just turn around and drill the QB on an interception as if he was a regular player and you were just throwing a regular block. In other words, same good clean block on the TE would be a 15 yd penalty if thrown at the QB on a pick or a fumble return.

That is a bunch of BS. If he throws a pick or fumbles, and then tries to make a play to stop the other team from running with the ball then he should be treated as just another player.

Wow this league is getting way too protective of their QB's.

Yeah, that's obviously the reason the Bills lost such a lopsided game and were 6-10. :wallbash:

yeah, jackass, because the original poster said 'hey these blown calls were the reason why we lost the game'. nice straw man argument.

That is a bunch of BS. If he throws a pick or fumbles, and then tries to make a play to stop the other team from running with the ball then he should be treated as just another player.

Wow this league is getting way too protective of their QB's.

Why is Brady always involved every time I learn of a new rule that protects feable quarterbacks?? Like that stupid, freakin TUCK RULE!