Possible Free Agent, and draft targets

mob16151

So we all know the Bills have some glaring needs going into this offseason. Pass rushing OLB, improving the run D, better depth at WR,CB,etc. Here's mob16151's real,quick plan to improve the Bills.

In Free Agency, I'd like to see the Bills target the following three players.

1. Robert Meachem WR New Orleans. He gives the Bills a legitimate number 2 WR,across from Johnson (Assuming he's resigned.). He's tall,fast, and still relatively young at 27 years old. His signing would let the Bills utilize,Jones,Easely,and Nelson, more effectively depending on matchups,and field situation. His signing would likely spell the end of Roscoe Parrish's time in Buffalo, and give the Bills a WR depth chart that looks like this.

1.Johnson

2.Meachem

3.Jones

3A. Nelson

4.Easely

5.Hagan.

The second player I'd like the Bills to sign in FA, is Dallas TE Martellus Bennett. He's stuck on the depth chart behind perennial pro bowler Jason Witten in Dallas. He's young athletic,and while not the best of blockers, he has the athletic ability to be a JerMicheal Finley type recieving target. His signing would give the Bills a TE depth chart that looked like this.

1.Chandler

2.Bennett

3.Smith

The third and final Free agent acquisition I'd like the Bills to make is Tracey Porter CB New Orleans. He's struggled some with injuries, since he's been a pro, but when healthy he's one of the top 15 corners in the NFL, in my opinion. Plus it would be nice to steal a corner off the Saints, after they stole Greer. His signing would give the Bills a CB rotation that looked like this.

1.Porter

2.Williams

3.Florence

4.Rodgers

In the first round of the draft I'd like to see the Bills take Nick Perry OLB USC. He's young athletic and explosive. He sadly, would immediately become the Bills best pass rusher as soon as his name was called on draft day. Look for him to explode at the combine, and have a Clay Matthews like rise up draft boards.

In the second, I'd like to see the Bills take Nick Foles QB from Arizona. He's strong armed, but comes from a west coast type offense. He had a very good season, until the end of the year, when it looked like he was trying to do to much to keep his team in games. Keep a close eye on him at the senior bowl.

In the third round Emmanuel Acho OLB Texas. He's not a great pass rusher, but he's big,physical, and is pretty good at holding his ground against offensive lineman. And the Bills need a LB like that.

Other possible draft targets to keep an eye on include

Keith Tandy CB WVU

Bruce Irvin DE/OLB WVU

Geno Smith QB WVU

Russell Wilson QB Wisconsin

Jeff Fuller WR Texas A&M

Whitney Mercilus DE Illinois

Ryan Van Bergen DE Michigan

Janoris jankins CB North Alabama

Anyhow let me know what you think.

Edited by mob16151

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Draft

1. QB Ryan Tannehill 6'4" 225 Tex A&M

2. OLB Ronnell Lewis 6'2" 237 Oklahoma

3. DE Cardarro Law 6'2" 265 Southern Miss

4. OLB Tank Carder 6'2" 230 TCU

LDE Kelsay/Batten

DT Dareus/Heard

DT Williams/Carrington

RDE Law/Moats

SLB Lewis/Barret Rudd (FA)

MLB Sheppard/White

WLB Barnett/Carder

Draft

1. QB Ryan Tannehill 6'4" 225 Tex A&M

2. OLB Ronnell Lewis 6'2" 237 Oklahoma

3. DE Cardarro Law 6'2" 265 Southern Miss

4. OLB Tank Carder 6'2" 230 TCU

LDE Kelsay/Batten

DT Dareus/Heard

DT Williams/Carrington

RDE Law/Moats

SLB Lewis/Barret Rudd (FA)

MLB Sheppard/White

WLB Barnett/Carder

like your creativity but Batten as a backup LDE? Seems rather undersized IMHO.....Moats coming off the edge as a pass rush DE is a possibility, though I'd rather see him as an OLB

One big free agent target

KC WR: Dwayne Bowe - had his break out year under Chan. KC will likely blow up their offence and may not re-sign Bowe to save $ for guys the new OC wants to bring in.

1st round, draft a pass rusher. Perry or Upshaw

Edited by cody

And we'd happily take them lol, so that works out well.

Meachem is weak at receiver. His packages on the field tend to be running formations for his blocking. He has the drops and you can tell he is low on the list of who brees trusts. I don't remember the last time he was counted on for a big play at a clutch time.

Porter might literally be retarded and short of his two big playoff picks hasn't been anything to write home about. (edit: you do know he scored a 4 on the wonderlic right?)

Have you watched either play regularly?

Edited by NoSaint

One big free agent target

KC WR: Dwayne Bowe - had his break out year under Chan. KC will likely blow up their offence and may not re-sign Bowe to save $ for guys the new OC wants to bring in.

1st round, draft a pass rusher. Perry or Upshaw

KC has more cap room than the Bills, they will resign Bowe.

Meachem is weak at receiver. His packages on the field tend to be running formations for his blocking. He has the drops and you can tell he is low on the list of who brees trusts. I don't remember the last time he was counted on for a big play at a clutch time.

Porter might literally be retarded and short of his two big playoff picks hasn't been anything to write home about. (edit: you do know he scored a 4 on the wonderlic right?)

Yea, I actually caught a few Saints games this season, and I think Meachem actually has better hands than Johnson. The one thing the Bills lack is a deep threat, and thats something Meachem does very well. As for Porter he looked to me like he was much,much, better at turning and running than our very own Drayton Florence. Sure he doesn't get a bunch of picks, but he can defend the pass, and he is still very young.

Hasn't there been some drama? Any chance Bowe wants out?

Got his neck jacked up last week

The Bills won't take a QB in the Draft this year, but if they do it will not be until the 6th or 7th round.

How about Case Keenum? The guy just tore apart a decent Penn St defence for 500+ yards today. Google search projects him in the 6th round.

Yea, I actually caught a few Saints games this season, and I think Meachem actually has better hands than Johnson. The one thing the Bills lack is a deep threat, and thats something Meachem does very well. As for Porter he looked to me like he was much,much, better at turning and running than our very own Drayton Florence. Sure he doesn't get a bunch of picks, but he can defend the pass, and he is still very young.

Got his neck jacked up last week

Meachem can run but his drops/not making great plays on the ball are why he's 4th on the depth chart despite being a first round athlete. Stevie has better hands.

Porters strong suit is getting the picks as he does take risks. He's benefited greatly from Jenkins/sharper over the top his whole career and the blitz/pressure of the saints. He's a good corner but not top 15.

Edited by NoSaint

I have and I believe Meachem would be perfect in our offence considering we will not pay any above average free Agents to come in

How about Case Keenum? The guy just tore apart a decent Penn St defence for 500+ yards today. Google search projects him in the 6th round.

I like that guy, and the Wisconsin QB.

Blackmon would be good also. He's playing through a huge infection and just scored a great TD. Nice #2 next to Stevie.

Blackmon would be good also. He's playing through a huge infection and just scored a great TD. Nice #2 next to Stevie.

Russell Wilson reminds me of this strangely awesome Doug Flutie,Drew Brees love child. Thats a compliment to Wilson btw.

I'm just writing this as it is occuring to me, but if Gailey does feel pressure on him to win, and, from listening to him just today on the press conference, and for the last five weeks or so, his voice and demeanor isn't what it was last year or the beginning of this year; then he seemed to exude this kind of patient confidence, as if it wasn't expected of him to have the team put together yet, and he could pose as the wise old coach who could see into the future when his plans would come together, and the rest of us would just have to give it time to become what he was envisioning. Now, though, his voice is shaky, he seems unsure of where things are at. He seems insecure in his position.

So, if they were sticking with the 3-4 then I'd say they'd need to come out of this offseason with 2 OLB's, and probably a third LB for depth. Maybe a true NT, and if not, then a DE capable of applying pressure. The WR position needs solved. Depth on the O-line, and an option at QB. There's a lot to hope to put together for a coach on the hotseat.

But, if they decide to switch to the 4-3, then maybe all they really need to go after in the draft is a DE with the first pick, or a QB, and by the end of the 3rd round walk away with a DE/QB/LB. I just don't see Nix/Gailey leaving this draft without a QB who could step in and play, or develop - unless they snag a young up and comer from another team, like Flynn. Anyway - I think we're going to see Buffalo try to resolve two positions this offseason: QB and pressure the QB - either DE or OLB. And, the draft looks like it might be better suited for DE in a 4-3 than OLB, at least high in the draft.

Edited by sllib olaffub