If Peyton Manning gets healthy and with Polian gone....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, too much risk, just watching his movements on the sidelines is scary, he doesn't seem

to have any range in movement in the neck area, as his whole upper body follows his head when he

looks side to side. I can't believe that this would still be the case several months removed from surgery.

I'm no doctor, but from my casual observation, he doesn't look like he could suit up again and

be nearly as effective as he used to be. I wouldn't blame for trying to get paid one last time though,

and it will likely happen.

Edited by Cookiemonster

No, too much risk, just watching his movements on the sidelines is scary, he doesn't seem

to have any range in movement in the neck area, as his whole upper body follows his head when he

looks side to side. I can't believe that this would still be the case several months removed from surgery.

I'm no doctor, but from my casual observation, he doesn't look like he could suit up again and

be nearly as effective as he used to be. I wouldn't blame for trying to get paid one last time though,

and it will likely happen.

Yeah nerve damage is no joke… which anyone who has damaged a nerve can readily tell you.

There's considerable doubt whether Manning will ever play again and I think it would be good to see if he actually can pass a team's physical before going any further with this.

But by all means, carry on.

I think the Colts are going to draft Luck or RG3. If I was the Colts I would make RG3 the pick.

If they do pick a QB Mannings days are numbered.

If they choose to move on from Peyton , which to me is more likely now that Polian isn't there....

We do have the cap room...just thinking out loud.

Great thread.

First time I have heard this out the box idea.

How could a future HOFer would consider thier career complete without playing for the bills.

The o line, wr's and tight end talent are just as good as indys sb teams.

With the stout d it's not like they would put him in harms way or ask too much of him.

I am sure Chan would be willing to scrap the spread offense and let him call his own plays.

What NFL gm wouldn't want a 60 million dollar backup...

Cold weather and outdoors was always his forte

What qb wanting one last shot wouldn't want to go into one of the toughest divisions with two opposing stout defenses And the concensus top qb in the game?

Eating chicken wings would provide good neck calisthenics

He'd be the first manning to actully play in new York...

And.... They could get dingy too!

Great thread.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Great thread.

First time I have heard this out the box idea.

How could a future HOFer would consider thier career complete without playing for the bills.

The o line, wr's and tight end talent are just as good as indys sb teams.

With the stout d it's not like they would put him in harms way or ask too much of him.

I am sure Chan would be willing to scrap the spread offense and let him call his own plays.

What NFL gm wouldn't want a 60 million dollar backup...

Cold weather and outdoors was always his forte

What qb wanting one last shot wouldn't want to go into one of the toughest divisions with two opposing stout defenses And the concensus top qb in the game?

Eating chicken wings would provide good neck calisthenics

He'd be the first manning to actully play in new York...

And.... They could get dingy too!

Great thread.

Well, that about sums things up for me nicely, good job! :thumbsup:

I'd go for a one year deal based on playing time. An injured Manning is way better than Fitz. Manning KNOWS how to win and handle success.

The Bils D or the opponents D?

If its the Bills D - does it matter? When has Manning had a top Defense in Indy in recent history?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

NO...I know 3 people who have had the same surgery. He will NEVER return to form...He may have a year or two left...probably above average, but he will never be the same. Said people, to this day, struggle with neck pain and numbness in their extremities...YEARS later.

I put this in a different thread but it disappeared into the ether. Assuming Manning is healthy and assuming the Colts don't pay him the March bonus and he becomes a free agent (two pretty big IFs, especially the former), there is one team that absolutely should make a run at Manning. It's not the Jets, Dolphins or Redskins. Each of those teams is a mess. It's certainly not the Bills. It' the 49'ers. Alex Smith is Ryan Fitzpatrick with a lower interception ratio. He's a free agent. No need to resign him. They have a monster defense, great tight end, good running game and young and improving o-line. Sign one of the veteran free agent wideouts, use your #1 pick on a wideout, plug Manning into that mix and you're next year's favorite to win the Super Bowl. You're not even mortgaging your "future". 49'ers spent #2 round pick last year on Colin Kaepernick. You could groom him behind Manning for another year or two like Packers did with Rogers. It make too much sense not to happen.

I put this in a different thread but it disappeared into the ether. Assuming Manning is healthy and assuming the Colts don't pay him the March bonus and he becomes a free agent (two pretty big IFs, especially the former), there is one team that absolutely should make a run at Manning. It's not the Jets, Dolphins or Redskins. Each of those teams is a mess. It's certainly not the Bills. It' the 49'ers. Alex Smith is Ryan Fitzpatrick with a lower interception ratio. He's a free agent. No need to resign him. They have a monster defense, great tight end, good running game and young and improving o-line. Sign one of the veteran free agent wideouts, use your #1 pick on a wideout, plug Manning into that mix and you're next year's favorite to win the Super Bowl. You're not even mortgaging your "future". 49'ers spent #2 round pick last year on Colin Kaepernick. You could groom him behind Manning for another year or two like Packers did with Rogers. It make too much sense not to happen.

This is what I have thought for some time as well. Currnet Niners are the type of team an all world qb wants to take his last shot. Actually bears similarity to the bikes when favre went.

Ravens ironically are the next most similar situation. Only difference there is there is likely even more urgency to win now or never, and at the same time the qb situation is better. But still, flacco is no manning.

Our O-line is better than the crud he was playing with the last few seasons in Indy.

We don't have the weapons to complement the OL, to make the blocking better than what he had. Bell isn't good enough at 100%, which he seldom is.

I think the Colts are going to draft Luck or RG3. If I was the Colts I would make RG3 the pick.

If they do pick a QB Mannings days are numbered.

If they choose to move on from Peyton , which to me is more likely now that Polian isn't there....

We do have the cap room...just thinking out loud.

I am all for it if we could get rid of Fitz's big contract. Isn't he due a big bonus in March? We won't know Peytons health

until later than that I am afraid. We can't afford both.