Edwards fired, wanny hired

FluffHead

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoulda happened weeks ago but Ill take it. Wouldnt have been against going outside for the replacement either, but Wanny has a good history I guess. Hopefully his time hasnt passed.

You guys think we will be a 4-3 team now? Not too far off from a decent D IMO.

I think Williams/Dareus/Barnett in the middle is an excellent core. And while a lot of people disagree, I think Kelsay is a solid 4-3 DE. No, not an all pro, but neither are most of the DE's in the league. I also think Carrington/Johnson/Edwards will be excellent depth at the position.

No matter if we stay with the 3-4 or go with the 4-3, we'll still need upgrades at both OLB positions and one DE. We'll also need another DT to rotate with Heard, unless maybe Carrington can fill that role?

Upshaw in the draft and 4-5th round DT goes a long way to fixing the D now that Wanny is in. I have a feeling DE will be back burnered for now.

Good Luck George Edwards!

4-3 Please!

2012 is looking a little better!

I'm surprised Edwards got fired. After all he got a ringing endorsement from his prize pupil Chris Kelsay!

Sarcasm off.

With stars like Kelsay and McKelvin on D it's a wonder how he failed so miserably?

Man I just got the text you guys are fast.

Now are we going to a 43 and should we start looking at 43 players in the bowl games?

I think we'll be a 4-3 team, mercifully. Our talent is pretty well designed for it. We'll start Dareus and Williams inside, which will be one of the best DT pairs in the league. Chris Kelsay will return to his natural LE position, unremovable since Ralph gave him tenure last year. On the other side we'll see some competition between Dwan Edwards and Alex Carrington, but I think RE will be a huge position for us.

The LBs will need to shake themselves out.

OK, nice, that's a good first step....should have happened as soon as stache first came on board, but what's another year of waiting to get back to the playoffs when it's already been 11 and the owner is 90?????????

In terms of steps - if this is considered a first step, it's a baby step! Any average fan could have told Nix after last season - Wannstedt should be Coordinating. A third of the way through the season, it's got to be answered for that Wanny didn't take over. So, to me, they've got to do a heck of a lot more than this to prove anything to me about being serious about competing, and I'm not watching another game until they show they are really trying.

In terms of steps - if this is considered a first step, it's a baby step! Any average fan could have told Nix after last season - Wannstedt should be Coordinating. A third of the way through the season, it's got to be answered for that Wanny didn't take over. So, to me, they've got to do a heck of a lot more than this to prove anything to me about being serious about competing, and I'm not watching another game until they show they are really trying.

Then you'll probably have to wait until Ralph passes.

Yep

At what point did Wanny throw his hands up and let Edwards sink his own ship? What does this say about him? Our TO? I am concerned how we revert to a 4-3.

They played a lot of rotational 4-3 yesterday, so maybe the rumors that Wanny had more of a hand in things late in the year has some legs? OTOH, the defense gave up 7 scoring drives in 8 possessions in the last 3 quarters yesterday. Another kink is that Buddy has been hiring staff on the scouting side used to scouting for the 3-4 (including himself), burned two drafts working on converting to the 3-4, signed free agents for it, and has said repeatedly that they were not going to "keep flip-flopping".

Let's put it out there: Chan is now really on the hot-seat.

I think we'll be a 4-3 team, mercifully. Our talent is pretty well designed for it. We'll start Dareus and Williams inside, which will be one of the best DT pairs in the league. Chris Kelsay will return to his natural LE position, unremovable since Ralph gave him tenure last year. On the other side we'll see some competition between Dwan Edwards and Alex Carrington, but I think RE will be a huge position for us.

The LBs will need to shake themselves out.

Buddy says they are a 3-4 team

expect more dysfunction as they keep the 3-4 and hire Wanny as a 4-3 coach to run it

Buddy has been drafting for a 3-4 since he got here - why would he change now?

expect more dysfunction as they keep the 3-4 and hire Wanny as a 4-3 coach to run it

After two years, they still don't have OLBs to be a 3-4 team. Besides Troup, I am not sure who really is made solely for the 3-4.

Great, put a square peg into a round hole....typical Bills.