Spiller in a full season (projected)

Kaenon

Taking his stats from the Jets game and extrapolating...Spiller "could" have had the following this year:

229 carries for 1,189 yards (5.2 ypa) & 8 touchdowns and 2-3 fumbles

64 receptions for 499 yards (7.8 ypc) & 5 touchdowns

I think Spiller is an exciting player, and obviously Fred is a great back as well. What floors me is Fitzpatrick's pass attempt numbers:

This year Ryan Fitzpatrick attempted 569 passes which is approximately 20% more passes than Jim Kelly threw in his highest pass attempt season.

WTF Chan !!!!! :blink:

Taking his stats from the Jets game and extrapolating...Spiller "could" have had the following this year:

I think Spiller is an exciting player, and obviously Fred is a great back as well. What floors me is Fitzpatrick's pass attempt numbers:

This year Ryan Fitzpatrick attempted 569 passes which is approximately 20% more passes than Jim Kelly threw in his highest pass attempt season.

Don't forget 16 interceptions that bounce off his hands...

Don't forget 16 interceptions that bounce off his hands...

Look @ who is throwing the ball into the wrong spots. Fitz tries to sling them in there like a Favre throw. Let me tell you something as well, Favre threw a whole slew of INT similar to the CJ tip/pick today because of how hard he's trying to fling the ball in a zone. Favre is the all time leader in INTs and that helped to contribute to that.

IR after 8 full games. Too small.

Yowser, the proof is in the pudding. Why gailey refused to establish a run game is baffling. The Fitz Kelly stat is stunning.

Gailey shouldn't be calling plays.

Bigger than numerous starters. Similar example being Chris Johnson who's not only played 16 but been a heavy workhorse (though we may be seeing wear and tear)

Yowser, the proof is in the pudding. Why gailey refused to establish a run game is baffling. The Fitz Kelly stat is stunning.

Gailey shouldn't be calling plays.

How'd the league attempts change over that span?

Did the math earlier.

CJ would have had 888 yards rushing to Fred's 934 if CJ carried the ball 170 times like Fred.

They both caught 39 balls.

Fred: 442 yards

CJ: 269.

They both had 6 tds

Fred: 6 rush, 0 rec

CJ: 4 rush, 2 rec.

Edited by bschmoove

Rules have changed to help the passing game. Perhaps we should look at rest of the numbers instead of just the one to prove your point.

QB Pass Attempts

Matthew Stafford 663

Drew Brees 653

Tom Brady 611

Philip Rivers 582

Ryan Fitzpatrick 569

So, how does this make Fitzpatrick's pass attempts look so awe full after seeing the rest of the stats.

Edited by BB-Gun

Rules have changed to help the passing game. Perhaps we should look at rest of the numbers instead of just the one to prove your point.

QB Pass Attempts

Matthew Stafford 663

Drew Brees 653

Tom Brady 611

Philip Rivers 582

Ryan Fitzpatrick 569

So, how does this make Fitzpatrick's pass attempts look so awe full after seeing the rest of the stats.

Fitzpatrick doesn't deserve to even be mentioned with the other listed QBs. :wallbash:

He's not awful, but he isn't great either.

I would say, serviceable or marginal. Mediocre, like this franchise. :oops:

And you totally missed the point. Fitz isn't a QB who should be throwing the ball so much like the elite QBs do in this league.

Edited by Kaenon

Interesting stuff. I think Fitz likes to audible to throws as much as possible because of his confidence in his receivers, this might skew the totals a little bit with regard to run pass ratio's

FJax is a solid pass protector as well, and the bigger backs tend to wear on the opposing defenses as the game goes on if they're pounders like Freddy is. That's two immeasurable's that aren't Spiller's strengths.

CJ is perfect for his role as a supplement to Fred, and a replacement if he gets hurt. He learned a lot this year, got better each week like a lot of our young guys did. Shep, Dareus, Rogers, Hagan, etc. Next year we could have two 1000 yard backs.

For the record, I think Chan called another good game today. He was attacking, unpredictable at times and did the best he could with the patched up offensive personnel we have out there. He deserves to be back next year, I'm sure he will be.

Fitzpatrick doesn't deserve to even be mentioned with the other listed QBs. :wallbash:

He's not awful, but he isn't great either.

I would say, serviceable or marginal. Mediocre, like this franchise. :oops:

And you totally missed the point. Fitz isn't a QB who should be throwing the ball so much like the elite QBs do in this league.

I did not say he is a great QB. I only gave you the stats in order of pass attempts this year. This is because you compared him to Jim Kelly.

Only saying the stats you gave is completely misleading. So what if he had 20% more attempts than Kelly. My stats demonstrates that this is normal these days. If Kelly played today, he may have 30% more pass attempts.

And Aaron Rogers threw more than Bart Starr. It's a passing league and you can compare the 2011 and 1991 stats to see the difference:

2011: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/

1991: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1991/

Edited by Lurker

Look @ who is throwing the ball into the wrong spots. Fitz tries to sling them in there like a Favre throw. Let me tell you something as well, Favre threw a whole slew of INT similar to the CJ tip/pick today because of how hard he's trying to fling the ball in a zone. Favre is the all time leader in INTs and that helped to contribute to that.

Yep. And Fitz slings the ball way too hard in a hissy fit when things aren't going well. He has gotten very pissed, and thrown the ball ridiculously hard on some plays in critical situations. He gets overemotional, though he tries to appear calm.

And Aaron Rogers threw more than Bart Starr. It's a passing league and you can compare the 2011 and 1991 stats to see the difference:

2011: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/

1991: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1991/

But don't you know this is TBD? This is where everything must be compared to the early-90s Bills, for whatever reason.

Tony Dorsett, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith & Thurman Thomas weren't huge in stature either. Not saying Spiller has the same talent but he's got potential many of us didn't think he had.