Florence "drilling" Brady into the ground...

Also, Edelman hit Fitz late out of bounds on one run - no call. You can bet if it was Brady it would have been 15.

I have no problem with that no-call but how can you justify Florence's penalty after letting that one go.

The explanation was the best part though: "drilled him to the ground". I hope Pittsburgh steamrolls the Pats* in the playoffs

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sadly i dont think pittsburgh can, the afc is gonna be between the pats and probably ravens

steelers are too banged up (especially big ben)

bengals i dont think can stop the pats, and the ravens just beat them

broncos only made it cause the teams in the west were fighting not to make the playoffs

houstons offence is really not looking good with their 3rd string qb

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Tom-Brady-gets-8216-roughed-8217-if-by-82?urn=nfl-wp14981

In this case, however, Tom Brady is near that play, and running to get closer to it. He could almost even be mistaken for a football player. Drayton Florence didn't blindside him and didn't cheap shot him ‒ that barely even qualifies as a hit. It's a gentle shove. It's closer to a hug than a block. If it happened any closer to February 14th, it would've been accompanied by a candy heart reading "BE MINE."

What a joke of a call.

Brady takes a dive like a soccer player and the ref says he got "drilled" to the ground.

Brady should just have his own whole rulebook for refs to refer to when they're officiating Pats* games.

Biggest BS call of the year. He was running after the interceptor - he was fair game, plus he wasn't "driven" into the ground.

Also, Edelman hit Fitz late out of bounds on one run - no call. You can bet if it was Brady it would have been 15.

yes exactly a double standard.....what i dont get our the comments on here like very questionable? what ? How about you say brutal call in a biased league. Would it have mattered ? Maybe we are 15 yards closer kick is good etc. Maybe its another TD can't say either way. But the call itself was silly

It was questionable, to say the least, but in the end, it didn't really matter.

It was more than questionable and at that point it did matter. The Bills would have had the ball inside the Pats 40. Instead the penalty moved the ball back in to Bills territory.

edit: Sorry Hammered, didn't read your post.

Edited by nucci

It was more than questionable and at that point it did matter. The Bills would have had the ball inside the Pats 40. Instead the penalty moved the ball back in to Bills territory.

edit: Sorry Hammered, didn't read your post.

OK, so the score could have been 49-28. Still a loss.

Plus the loss ruined your chance to whine about the win hurting our draft position.

I never whine about that. I believe that a bunch if guys making 6- or 7-figure salaries should try to win no matter what.

Fair question!

If I knew how I'd start an online petition demanding a fine. With the rest of the league's frustration over the Brady-rules, I'm sure we could raise enough money to pay for it too, the remainder going to a children's charity in Florence's name.

How absurd is it to call PF for "driving the QB's head into the ground" when the QB wasn't knocked down!!!

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

If I knew how I'd start an online petition demanding a fine. With the rest of the league's frustration over the Brady-rules, I'm sure we could raise enough money to pay for it too, the remainder going to a children's charity in Florence's name.

How absurd is it to call PF for "driving the QB's head into the ground" when the QB wasn't knocked down!!!

While they certainly go overboard with Brady the officiating in this league has been a major joke for years. I'm surpirised the ref didn't run over to high five Hernandez after he "pranced" into the endzone in front of GW. Good thing that wasn't taunting!!! Yet SJ gets a flag for a New Year's wish on a T shirt. Why So Serious???????