If the Bills get over 121 yds passing

Rubes

If the Patriots do make it to the Super Bowl I would like to see them face the 9'ers and that defense. It would be the better game then the Packers and Saints where it will be a final score of 60-54. If it is the Packers it will be intersting to watch two totally different style QB's play against each other and see what those TE's do up the middle on those weak GB LB's.

While they will have no chance against the NFC opponent they could beat the Ravens easier then the Texans but could upset the Steelers...however, watching them lose in the first round to Denver would be sweet!

Not to pick on one point, J - do you really think the GB LB's are weak?

I watch the GB defensive roster pretty closely, because their turn-around from a 20th ranked D in 2008, to #2 in yards in 2009 gives me hope. (They also made transition from primarily 4-3 to 3-4 between 2008 and 2009, with two of the same LB and 2 of the same DL)

GB D was very good last year (#5 in yards) and now suck again (#31 in yards). A lot of the LB between last year (good D in yards against) and this year (poor D in yards against) are the same.

Last year their starting LB were in effect, Matthews, Bishop (since Barnett injured), Hawk, and Zombo/Jones. This year NFL.com lists LB as Matthews, Hawk, Bishop, and Walden (backed up by Zombo).

I do think GB made a mistake when they got rid of Barnett thinking Bishop could play as well for less, but who do you see as "weak" on a 3-4 LB corp that's one year and essentially the same LB corp away from a top-5 D?

The big hole I see in the GB D is the loss of DE Cullen Jenkins as a UFA to the Iggles. There is no room for error in a 3-man line, and Jarius Wynn isn't fit to catch Jenkin's jockstrap at this point much less hold it.

Of course, injuries haven't helped GB's D, but I think it shows how much difference 1-2 quality players make to a D.

Yeah I guess with the AFC seeming to be the weaker conference and the drop off of almost every AFC contender this year, I could actually see the Cheating Bastards* make it to Indianapolis… where they'll get their asses kicked by the NFC representative.

Not so fast SJBF, if the NFC defender is GB it would be the "Bowl of the Sucky Ds".

The AFC team I thought would win it all this year was the Texans, because they looked like they had it all - a stout D (#4 in points, #2 in yds) AND a top-5 solid offense. They weren't drawing a lot of media-love but they were quietly very competent.

Since Schaub went down and they can't keep a QB healthy, their offense has slid to #10 in points and #12 in yds - mediocre. I don't see how they can get far with Yates as their QB but you know what - he's scrappy and the Texans aren't folding the tents.

He had a genuine bad day against the Panthers, but he did OK against Cincy and there is NO WAY that Houston should have lost the game to Indianapolis.

It's entirely possible that the Texans could play NE in the 2nd round, and that would be an interesting game indeed. I wouldn't bet against the Texans there provided the refs don't steal the game from them.

...The Pats* will break the record for the most passing yards allowed in a season.

Think they'll stop the game and have a ceremony for that?

GB and NO may break that record also.

How wild would it be if all 3 teams gave up record amounts of passing yards as their QBs all beat Marino's passing yadage record?

I hope Brady plays and breaks his leg this week. IF not, I hope they lose in their first playoff game!

Why would I want to watch that **** team in the SB. Not on my watch! Please Football God, grant me this one wish..NO PATRIOTS IN THE SUPERBOWL. Im sick of Brady, Billicheat and Bob Kraft.

Imagine having a Dallas Pats SB. The cameras and hype on Jones and Kraft would be ridiculous! :sick:

Not to pick on one point, J - do you really think the GB LB's are weak?

I watch the GB defensive roster pretty closely, because their turn-around from a 20th ranked D in 2008, to #2 in yards in 2009 gives me hope. (They also made transition from primarily 4-3 to 3-4 between 2008 and 2009, with two of the same LB and 2 of the same DL)

GB D was very good last year (#5 in yards) and now suck again (#31 in yards). A lot of the LB between last year (good D in yards against) and this year (poor D in yards against) are the same.

Last year their starting LB were in effect, Matthews, Bishop (since Barnett injured), Hawk, and Zombo/Jones. This year NFL.com lists LB as Matthews, Hawk, Bishop, and Walden (backed up by Zombo).

I do think GB made a mistake when they got rid of Barnett thinking Bishop could play as well for less, but who do you see as "weak" on a 3-4 LB corp that's one year and essentially the same LB corp away from a top-5 D?

The big hole I see in the GB D is the loss of DE Cullen Jenkins as a UFA to the Iggles. There is no room for error in a 3-man line, and Jarius Wynn isn't fit to catch Jenkin's jockstrap at this point much less hold it.

Of course, injuries haven't helped GB's D, but I think it shows how much difference 1-2 quality players make to a D.

A team like the Patriots could easily use their two TE sets and an RB to exploit the middle of the D. With 3 down linemen there isn't enough pressure on Brady to do it alone causing the needs for the Lbs to penetrate - which isn't as easy for them this year as last. Hawk needs a big boy up front taking up blockers to be his best and the other LB's cannot cover as well as needed. I expect, like they have done to continue to use a lot of packages like the Nickel. If they stick to the 3-4 they wont get far.

Why would I want to watch that **** team in the SB. Not on my watch! Please Football God, grant me this one wish..NO PATRIOTS IN THE SUPERBOWL. Im sick of Brady, Billicheat and Bob Kraft.

Amen to that.

I don't see them as a #1, either, but I also don't see any AFC team playing at a consistently high enough level for me to say they'll knock off the Pats.

One of Steelers/Ravens will.

Pats are contenders but no way favorites - and they will flat-out lose ugly to Packers.

One of Steelers/Ravens will.

Pats are contenders but no way favorites - and they will flat-out lose ugly to Packers.

Both the Steelers and the Ravens have lost games to teams they should not have lost to, so I won't say with confidence that they will beat the Patriots. I hope they do.

Definite contender and I've said it here before. If they can set the record for most passing yards against and still have the record they do, it tells you that they have one of the best offenses in the league with one of the best QBs, hands down. I think everyone here wishes they weren't contenders but deep down knows they are. Honestly, I don't see a team in the AFC that's can beat this offense, including Baltimore and Pittsburgh. With Brady and his weapons, they're a matchup nightmare. They've shown they can give up 30 and score 35.

I think they represent then AFC in the Super Bowl.

They've also shown they can give up 34 and score 31! :thumbsup:

Here's to repeat perfomances! :beer:

If you have linebackers that can neutralize their TE duo, the Pats are quite beatable.

It's just that very few defenses have a linebacker corps that can defend against TWO exceptional pass catching TEs on the field at the same time.