49ers defense OR Packers offense

maddenboy

Agree. And the single biggest factor is the quarterback position. This current NFL game is not the same as it was when the Ravens won the championship.

I don't know if I completly agree with that, but to win on defence alone, you need to have an outstanding defence, not just a good one. You need a defence that can either hold teams to under 15 points a game (roughly) or one that is a turnover machine that can convert turnovers into points.

A high scoring offence is easier to achieve then an outstanding defence, and a high scoring offence can compensate for a mediocre defence. To win in the NFL, or any sport, you have to be able to score points, its that simple. If your defence allows the opponent to score, they better be able to come back and get those points back if you plan on winning. Defences can keep you in the game and give you the occasional points on turnovers, but they can't be expected to make up for an offence that can't get into the endzone. Take the Bills this season. They started out the year with the same defenc they have now. When they were winning, they were still giving up alot of yards and points, but they won because they had an offence that would come back and get those points back. They started struggling to win when the offence sputtered and failed to score, they started losing

Gotta take the Packers offense, easpecially if Aaron Rogers comes included. NFL football, right now, is all about offense...the rules are stacked against great defense.

Exactly! An elite offense, with the way the rules are now, will shred the best defenses.

They sure shredded Kansas City this weekend. Hammered them...I'll bet Kansas City won't soon forget that beatin..wait what? Kansas Cities defense smacked the packers in the mouth?? :oops:

They sure shredded Kansas City this weekend. Hammered them...I'll bet Kansas City won't soon forget that beatin..wait what? Kansas Cities defense smacked the packers in the mouth?? :oops:

The Packers were also really banged up that game especially in terms of the players protecting the QB. If they do have weakness it is their offense line but having 3rd stringers in there and guys rotated all over the place they showed they can be exposed. Your argument should be in context to a VERY injured Packers offense, KC dominated them.

The Packers would beat them any other day.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

That was bound to happen one week...a minor bump in the road for the Packers...it just about every anticapated "battle of NFL titans" this year ends up being either a blow-out by the better offensive team, or a shoot-out...the art of defense is being lost nowadays. When the Bills won their first 4 games, they did it with offense...

Edited by Buftex

If you could trade our entire offense for Green Bay's offense, and keep our Defense intact, OR trade our entire defense for San Francisco's defense but keep our offense, which would you choose?

And why?

I say the Niners defense. Easy. They are young, strong, hungry. They are what we wish we were.

If we had the Packers offense, they would only get 5 or 6 possessions per game, because teams would pound our defense to death playing keep-away. But with a top defense, our Offense would get more chances, and Fitz wouldnt have to try to win every game. Then we could take our time in FA and Draft to build up our offense.

Can I get my linebackers now? (If I can get one of the top 3 qbs this year, I will take him. Otherwise, front 7 for at least the first 3 picks). You cant have too many linebackers and pass rushers. That's why the Giants keep drafting DEs and the Steelers keep drafting linebackers. And the Bills keep drafting running backs.

both but with more running.