Emerging Sub Plot in Draft could effect Bills ...

truth on hold

Colts upset over Titans puts them in a precarious situation only one behind Rams and Vikes. Not sure how the tie breakers would work out, but it's now possible #1 overall (which had been assumed theirs) to go to someone else. They play last game at home vs Jags which would is a toss up. If they finish behind Rams and/or Vikes, neither may take a QB. That opens possibility for someone like Bills to trade into #1 or #2 overall. In this scenario if Manning is healthy, I could see Colts just staying at #2 or #3 and using the draft to provide supporting players for his remaining years. This opens door for someone like Bills to trade up and snatch Luck or RG3. OF COURSE Colts could also lose the final game under suspicious circumstances, which IMO should bring heavy fines and forfeiture of their 1st round pick if it can be proven they threw the game.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts upset over Titans puts them in a precarious situation only one behind Rams and Vikes. Not sure how the tie breakers would work out, but it's now possible #1 overall (which had been assumed theirs) to go to someone else. They play last game at home vs Jags which would is a toss up. If they finish behind Rams and/or Vikes, neither may take a QB. That opens possibility for someone like Bills to trade into #1 or #2 overall. In this scenario if Manning is healthy, I could see Colts just staying at #2 or #3 and using the draft to provide supporting players for his remaining years. This opens door for someone like Bills to trade up and snatch Luck or RG3. OF COURSE Colts could also lose the final game under suspicious circumstances, which IMO should bring heavy fines and forfeiture of their 1st round pick if it can be proven they threw the game.

With the rookie salary cap in place, NO team will forego the chance to take a franchise qb. It is never going to happen.

Nice dream, though.

Looks very much to me like the Bills will get a shot at Barkley or RGIII . the issue is whether you do it or not.

Rams have too much invested in bradford to take on another. There's some risk vikes could give up on ponder after 1 year but I'll only believe it when I see it.

If you had a QB that looked like an East German woman when you drafted him and started playing like an East German women a few years later, would you draft a QB?

OF COURSE Colts could also lose the final game under suspicious circumstances, which IMO should bring heavy fines and forfeiture of their 1st round pick if it can be proven they threw the game.

How could a team as bad as the Colts ever be suspected of throwing a game? Seriously? :doh:

Rams have too much invested in bradford to take on another. There's some risk vikes could give up on ponder after 1 year but I'll only believe it when I see it.

Rams would trafe Bradford for a second to get rid of the contract and upgrade at QB.

Clearly Bradford isn't a franchise QB if they're back at the top of the draft again.

Rams would trafe Bradford for a second to get rid of the contract and upgrade at QB.

Clearly Bradford isn't a franchise QB if they're back at the top of the draft again.

If he's clearly not a franchise qb (which I don't agree), whose going to trade a 2nd for him and assume his monster contract?

Andrew Luck would never sign with Buffalo.

The Bills always think they are smarter than the NFL- Whitner, Mike Williams, James Hardy, Maybin, Lynch, POZ, Flowers...

FOr Gos Sake pick a Franchise Qb.

Poz was an excellent pick for his draft position. He's a good player who wanted more money than Ralph would dole out.

Buddy doesn't trade up because he's smarter than the rest of the NFL. :sick:

It's the same reason that he doesn't trade down. He does, however, feel incredibly lucky that for two years in a row, the random placing of the draft has put him in the exact right spot for 15 consecutive picks.

I suspect that either the Rams or Vikings would leap at the opportunity to take Luck. Good organizations without clear franchise QBs will almost always take oe if he's there regardless of the money they have invested in the position. Bradford is not very good. Neither is Ponder, who is also very tradeable.

I think it's hard to predict what the Rams will do. They will have a new coach in place. I think they need offensive line, cornerback or WR talent over another high draft pick QB. They could pick Kalil and move Smith to Guard. Or draft Blackmon as a weapon for Bradford.

The Vikings and Colts are historically bad on defense, and could use playmakers there more than a franchise QB. Their defenses stop less people than the Bills.

Craziest post of the day!

A league investigation if the Colts lose another game?? Now THAT'S funny. Their win yeaterday should prompt an investigation.

Colts will take a QB with their first pick. Manning is done or close to it. Polian knows this. You know Manning wanted to start throwing, practicing and maybe playing now but Polian put an end to that talk yesterday.

The Vikings and Colts are historically bad on defense, and could use playmakers there more than a franchise QB. Their defenses stop less people than the Bills.

If only the Colts could have landed playmakers like Mathis, Freeney, Bethea, Sanders.......

In the past 7 seasons, the Colts D has been in the top 10 in fewest points allowed 4 times. Historically, that's pretty good.

Craziest post of the day!

A league investigation if the Colts lose another game?? Now THAT'S funny. Their win yeaterday should prompt an investigation.

Colts will take a QB with their first pick. Manning is done or close to it. Polian knows this. You know Manning wanted to start throwing, practicing and maybe playing now but Polian put an end to that talk yesterday.

That, along with the Packers Loss and the Broncos last 7 games (before yesterday) have me thinking that Godell is only the figure head of the league, and its really being run by Vince McMahon. The Chiefs, of all teams, were the ones to make the Packers look bad?????