And now what do you think

ieatcrayonz

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For years I have been listening to everyone say we should have picked Ngata over Whitner. Well you know what, this year is pretty much proving otherwise. Baltimore's defense is looking old and tired while SF's is flourishing right after they added Whitner. Linemen like Ngata wear down quickly plus they aren't as important in today's NFL. Stud DBs like Whitner make a difference on every part of the field.

Think of it like this:

Football players are like chess pieces. The pawns are up front, they are typically the first ones to move, but they are not able to do a lot of things. This is just like a lineman. DBs are like bishops and rooks and stuff. You never see them coming and you don't know what hit you.

Can we finally put the Whitner/Ngata whining to rest?

Did you call Whitner a STUD ??? I thought he was a good player but a STUD ??? Ed Reed - Stud -- Troy Polomolue - Stud -- Donte Whitner ???

If Whitner is a bishop then he's a bishop that can move diagonally but can't advance more than a couple squares..... I don't think he's gonna make the pro bowl in the 49ers team if you ask me so,

Harbaugh didn't go hard after Whitner because he wanted WHITNER to make the PRO Bowl. He went hard after Whitner because he wanted the NINERS to make the SUPER Bowl.

It is working.

This is one of the more ridiculous posts I've seen on here. DBs more important than linemen? Is that you Dick Jauron?

It is simply reality in today's NFL.

Think of it this way. DBs are like cars built today that are nimble, quick to react and last a long time as long as you do simple care and feeding. With cars it is oil changes. With DBs it is offering fair 2nd contracts. Linemen are like old 70s station wagons that are useful but break down quickly. Look at the already aging Ngata and our very own Boo Boo foot Williams.

It is simply reality in today's NFL.

Think of it this way. DBs are like cars built today that are nimble, quick to react and last a long time as long as you do simple care and feeding. With cars it is oil changes. With DBs it is offering fair 2nd contracts. Linemen are like old 70s station wagons that are useful but break down quickly. Look at the already aging Ngata and our very own Boo Boo foot Williams.

Ngata is playing well and is on pace to have one of his better years statistically- Pat Williams played until he was 38 and Ted Washington played until he was 39, safeties are often done around 30-32 as they take more big impacts. You should eat more salmon crayons.

Ngata is playing well and is on pace to have one of his better years statistically- Pat Williams played until he was 38 and Ted Washington played until he was 39, safeties are often done around 30-32 as they take more big impacts. You should eat more salmon crayons.

:unsure::blink::huh::doh:

Ryan Matthews called and said Pat Williams was the exception to the rule.

P.S. He called from the end zone which is where he ended up playing against Ngata.

Edited by ieatcrayonz

For years I have been listening to everyone say we should have picked Ngata over Whitner. Well you know what, this year is pretty much proving otherwise. Baltimore's defense is looking old and tired while SF's is flourishing right after they added Whitner. Linemen like Ngata wear down quickly plus they aren't as important in today's NFL. Stud DBs like Whitner make a difference on every part of the field.

Think of it like this:

Football players are like chess pieces. The pawns are up front, they are typically the first ones to move, but they are not able to do a lot of things. This is just like a lineman. DBs are like bishops and rooks and stuff. You never see them coming and you don't know what hit you.

This would be a logical argument if Whitner was still a Bill and playing to the level he is in SF. Good teams are built from the inside out, front to back.

Think of it like this:

Geez crayonz you almost had me. I mean almost started typing...and then I checked to see who the OP was.

:lol:

:thumbsup:

Nothing more important to a well-game played of Chess than pawn structure. Any good player will tell you the same.

The bishops and the rooks convince the pawns that their structure is important to appease them. Who calls out the plays on a D? An LB or a DB that's who. Pawn 1 go left, Pawn 2 go right Pawn 3 satisfy Ennifer etc. etc.

Think of it like this:

This is complete satire right?

It's hard to argue with the OP's point. The only significant additions to the 49ers were Donte and Aldon Smith. The reason that Aldon Smith is getting so much pressure on the QB is because Donte is now in the secondary and every QB does a double-take to see where he is on every play. It's simple really.

Think of it like this:

I say this in the most respectful manner, sir: If you think Donte Whitner is a better NFL player than Hloti Ngata, you my friend are insane. Carry on...

And chess hasn't evolved in thousands of years. In the last 5 years the "bishops and rooks" of football have basically taken over.

Actually, it has. Opting to move a pawn one or two squares initially, and the en passant move in response, are both relatively recent (i.e. within the last few centuries) developments.

Baltimore's defense is looking old and tired while SF's is flourishing right after they added Whitner. Linemen like Ngata wear down quickly plus they aren't as important in today's NFL. Stud DBs like Whitner make a difference on every part of the field.

Your premise is a load of crap - that the SF defense is finally good because they added Whitner? Yeah right.

Linemen like Ngata ... aren't as important in today's NFL. You sure pulled that logic out of your a$$.

Put the Whitner/Ngata argument to rest? Not bloody likely.

But you are the crayon man, so I guess we expect nonsense arguments from you.

Your premise is a load of crap - that the SF defense is finally good because they added Whitner? Yeah right.

Linemen like Ngata ... aren't as important in today's NFL. You sure pulled that logic out of your a$$.

Put the Whitner/Ngata argument to rest? Not bloody likely.

But you are the crayon man, so I guess we expect nonsense arguments from you.

The biggest flaw I found is that rooks are on the outside, like corners. I think a safety is in the back middle much like the king and queen. Two of the most important pieces out there, which only strengthens his argument about how important whitner is. Further, safeties do everything just like a queen (run d, ball hawk, big hits, coverage, blitzing) and to beat a defense you have to defeat the safety. Marv was a smart guy and probably played a lot of chess. Same with DJ. I think many of these posters should stick with checkers.

Edited by NoSaint