And now what do you think

ieatcrayonz

Trolling is a deliberate action. I think this guy actually believes Whitner is a stud DB. That should tell you all you need to know about his acumen

What was I thinking. Guess we need a new term for unintended trolling. Watch MNF game and Whiter looked average as usual, the difference now is he is on a good team. I would still take Ngata in a heart beat. Having lined up with Dareus would be awesome.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's garbage threads like this that make it hard to visit TBD in December.

Posts like these are one of the few worthwhile reasons to visit TBD to talk about football. Well said, OP, a much needed discussion to debunk the years of complaining. It will be interesting to see what happens if McKelvin signs elsewhere.

Edited by nichebiche

Actually, it has. Opting to move a pawn one or two squares initially, and the en passant move in response, are both relatively recent (i.e. within the last few centuries) developments.

So at one point pawns were even more akin to lineman because they completely lacked mobility and decision making power? I did not know that.

This is complete satire right?

The NFC standings beg to defer.

Edited by ieatcrayonz

For years I have been listening to everyone say we should have picked Ngata over Whitner. Well you know what, this year is pretty much proving otherwise. Baltimore's defense is looking old and tired while SF's is flourishing right after they added Whitner. Linemen like Ngata wear down quickly plus they aren't as important in today's NFL. Stud DBs like Whitner make a difference on every part of the field.

Think of it like this:

Football players are like chess pieces. The pawns are up front, they are typically the first ones to move, but they are not able to do a lot of things. This is just like a lineman. DBs are like bishops and rooks and stuff. You never see them coming and you don't know what hit you.

Can we finally put the Whitner/Ngata whining to rest?

uh No. I take Ngata in heart beat

uh No. I take Ngata in heart beat

There's been some very compelling arguments made for the contrary in this thread.

I love how you just dismiss the Whitner Opening and the Polamalu Gambit out of hand without adding anything to the discussion.

As a newer guy, maybe you should read and learn a bit more and post a bit less until your hair grows out.

What was I thinking. Guess we need a new term for unintended trolling. Watch MNF game and Whiter looked average as usual, the difference now is he is on a good team. I would still take Ngata in a heart beat. Having lined up with Dareus would be awesome.

Actually I think a healthy Williams lined up with Dareus will be awesome.

So at one point pawns were even more akin to lineman because they completely lacked mobility and decision making power? I did not know that.

So then I guess your knights and bishops are slot receivers, and the rooks your deep threats?

And the king would be the QB, I guess...unless we're talking about Rob Johnson, then he's the queen?

So then I guess your knights and bishops are slot receivers, and the rooks your deep threats?

And the king would be the QB, I guess...unless we're talking about Rob Johnson, then he's the queen?

Have you completely blocked out the Glove Wearing Mary era?

Actually I think a healthy Williams lined up with Dareus will be awesome.

Until he signed a contract and got a bad case of boo boo foot.

Posts like these are one of the few worthwhile reasons to visit TBD to talk about football. Well said, OP, a much needed discussion to debunk the years of complaining. It will be interesting to see what happens if McKelvin signs elsewhere.

McKelvin will be great for his next team.....or will be good for us if we ever see the ghost known as "the pass rush" or his weird brother "the sack"

i dont feed trolls.

so yah lets judge haloti off one game!

2 whitner is why the 49ers are winning.

nothing to see here folks keep moving along and dont feed the troll let the thread die. just keep it moving click back

i dont feed trolls.

so yah lets judge haloti off one game!

2 whitner is why the 49ers are winning.

nothing to see here folks keep moving along and dont feed the troll let the thread die. just keep it moving click back

I'm confused. Is a troll the newest addition to the game of chess? Us older guys are probably out of touch.

If that is the case, who is the troll? Jasper -- don't feed him after midnight, or else he turns into a troll? No wait, I think he would be a gremlin. I got it, it's our DC Edwards -- don't feed him at all so we can bring in a new guy next year. Moorman so he keeps his speed? Am i warm at all?

• 3 weeks later...

Whitner and Polomalu both looked good last night. Too bad for Troy he only looked good because his locks were flowing freely in the bayside breeze as he chased Vernon Davis and company down the field. Meanwhile Donte was keeping everything in front of him and causing coverage sacks.

It is only one game but I think Donte continued to make his point. It is too late for us to re-sign him but I hope the FO takes notice before letting good players like Johnson and Jackson walk.

Donte is still in the playoffs and Polamalu's self promotional hair is still blowing in the breeze because he still hasn't caught up to Thomas.