What is your morale as a Bills fan?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still in shock we beat new England. For me the highlight of the year.

One of Fitz's greatest games. Now, I'm just hoping the hoody shows us a little mercy at the re match.

All in all our record is what most people put us at. What sux is the way we got our record.

As a fan I'm feeling like I have every year this century going into game 15. Not happy.

When Berman even gives up on us it's tough.

As most fans, I started the year on a high, and lately have been feeling craptacular every week.

I feel good about this years draft. Williams, Dareus, Searcy, Sheppard, and #26 are all showing tremendous upside.

I almost feel like the front office should not extend any contract at this point...because both Fitz and Pears have been horrendous since signing long-term deals.

We're a good 3-5 years from any serious consideration, folks. It's going to take 3 more drafts like this past one and perhaps a couple of timely free agent signings (like Scott Chandler) that will help this team become great.

I think that the front office is mostly intact, but perhaps we could lose a few scouts, and replace them with better ones? I don't know.

Injuries are a part of the game, but man, the Bills keep getting hammered by this every year. With the change in strength and conditioning, I thought Allaire's missing persona would have been the culprit. I thought about anabolic drugs from opposing teams and their inflated body weights crushing our players. Miami's Bell and Washington's Landry immediately come to mind as overly steroided freaks. But that doesn't seem like it either.

I guess it reverts back to "our talent pool is not as good as other teams". Given the rash of injuries to our starting lineups, and the lack of quality depth from the previous decade of suckitude, I think the Bills are still just not good enough.

This tries my patience more than anything. I walked away from my 1st two bills games this year. Turned them off, and walked away. I've never done that in 22 years of watching the Bills.

Heck- today's game was so boring, I set the DVR, and took my son to the mall to get a picture with Santa.

The Bills are just not a priority in my life anymore. I'm considering not renewing the Sunday Ticket next year...as 10 years of $400+ could be better used for a car downpayment or something.

I'll always be a Bills fan, I just don't know if I want to be a paying fan until things begin to get better.

Resignation and despair. Year after year of Decembers spent hoping the Bills lose out so that they can draft high. At this point I'm pretty sure I want the Bills to leave Buffalo because then I won't care about the franchise and can enjoy the quality product that the NFL otherwise puts out.

I'm still in shock we beat new England. For me the highlight of the year.

One of Fitz's greatest games. Now, I'm just hoping the hoody shows us a little mercy at the re match.

All in all our record is what most people put us at. What sux is the way we got our record.

As a fan I'm feeling like I have every year this century going into game 15. Not happy.

When Berman even gives up on us it's tough.

I hear you on the Patriots thing.

As much as I hate them and their dynasty, and that pansy-boy Brady....I have begun to believe that the Bills fast start may have more to do with the lockout than with real improvement.

As in: the lockout hurt the other teams more than the Bills, hence their early quick start.

The title of your thread asks about fan morale but your post reads as a snide slam towards some of the posters here who aren't 100% negative and critical of the team.

Just because a poster wants to take injuries into account doesn't mean that the person isn't also evaluating the coaching, play of the remaining players, etc.

It's idiotic to say that the injuries to Fred Jackson, Kyle Williams, Eric Wood, and many others hasn't had a negative effect on the team's play.

Common sense (uncommon, I know) tells us that the injuries are a factor especially when they involve arguably the three best players on the team.

But the injuries only explain part of the suckitude.

There are many posters here who concede the impact of the injuries without using them as the single, absolute reason why the team sucks.

There are many posters here who think the injuries have hurt us AND that the organization has also been hampered by ineptitude in other areas.

My spirits are low regarding the Bills. How could they not be?

The most frustrating thing is seeing how far Fitzpatrick has regressed. I did not think he could play as poorly as he did last week, but in the first three quarters he was easily as bad.

I don't know what to think about the team as a whole. Occasionally the young players show some flashes—Aaron William looks like he will be good, and Dareus of course. The more Spiller plays the better he looks--I even saw him pick up some blitzes today. I think the o-line is much better than last year's overall, but inconsistent and missing Wood.

They need more pass rush, they need better receiving, they need better quarterback play from somebody. The defense still makes horrible blunders--the blown coverage on the first TD pass to the tight end, the 80-yard-run by Bush. If they could just stop making these mistakes they might actually stop someone.

But these are frail hopes given how lousy this team is playing. I can't imagine anyone feeling very optimistic about this team.

I agree with Dr. K and San Jose Bills Fan...

As far as morale, I didn't really have any expectations coming into this season.. I thought it would be another bad year... The fast start surprised me, but didn't raise my expectations... I know with the Bills, a free fall can occur at any moment no matter how they start... As usual with this team, injuries certainly played a part and depth is always a concern... Especially with a new, rebuilding regime.. Haven't we seen this team lose at every level and in every way possible, no matter the improbability..? I'll never give up on this team, they are in my blood... But I've long since learned not to have high expectations. That way, if they finally do have a playoff season, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

It's sad to see the Bills have another disappointing season. Fitz may be hurt but the injuries to the team have taken its toll. The defense has been horrible this season. You can't expect Fitz to keep coming back with 30 point games when he very few offensive weapons.

I can't figure out why Spiller wasn't given a chance to run more. The Bills were behind but the game was in reach. A few good runs by Spiller could have helped.

Why don't the Bills give Spiller a chance to see if he can be a quality running back. He was drafted 9th overall so he has potential.

Yeah, I'm familiar with "regression to the mean." I had thought Fitzpatrick might be one of those players (they do exist) who make a quantum leap in their play to a new mean and stay there. But you're probably right.

Yup not the Warner/Gannon we all hoped he'd be.

Well as the other post touches on regression to the mean, overall team success has been so bad for the last decade this team is due to be an average team soon!

Too many injuries to the few talented players they have. Fred Jackson, Kyle Williams and Eric Wood and Shawne Merriman are very arguably the only Pro Bowl calibre players on this team. All four wiped out by mid season or so. Can't recover from that plus starting WRs and Tight Ends going down . Plus best corner has been out all year. Just too tough to recover from after both Easley and Parrish don't even start the season. Plus Lindell goes down. Just too much. They weren't that good early in the season and aren't as bad as they look now. They will be good next year. Full camp , full OTAs ,,, full roster hopefully, and away we go. All the teams that had serious injury problems are suffering, other than Houston, who also got whacked today. Need another quality draft like this years.

So I assume your morale is as low as the rest of us?

My morale? For a good decade I never missed a game and I mean that literally. Three years ago I watched about half the games. The past two years I've watched about 3-4 games and really glad I didn't waste a sunday afternoon watching a bad product. I guess for me it's apathy which is hard because I love this team in my heart but I care less and less as the years pass. If the moving vans pull up to OBD are we going to really care all that much?

I think outside of a handful of starters that this team is devoid of any talent.

I think that the HC/OC !@#$ing sucks ... and he is probably the best the Bills can get.

My morale is at absolute zero after witnessing that piece of **** at the Ralph today.

I wish I hadn't seen it and I envy those of you that slept through it. It was a far smarter use of your time.

I am really surprised. I have been down on this team since they were 5-4 and got blown up against the Jets the first time. I knew that it was over at that point but I didn't realize this team would suck as much as they have. The thing is a lot of people on this message board are great at making excuses....I mean finding positives with each Bills loss. "We're only in year 2 of a rebuilding process," "we're trying to rebuild through the draft," "we've had a lot of injuries" etc.

The thing is that the excuses....I mean positives that fans in here are making have stopped. This tells me that the fan base is extremely frustrated and disappointed in this team as I have been since a few weeks back. I'm seeing a lot more people voice their disapproval of Ralph Wilson as owner of this team. II think it's sad but hey....atleast the excuses have stopped and we are seeing this troubled franchise for what they are...

I used to go into depression when the Bills lost. So I would roll drunks in alleys to feel better. But then I realized that it is not just the final score that creates this tension. It's every time the Bills fail to execute a play or make a bad call. So I record the game, then afterward, I watch the recording and for every screwup they make, I go out in the yard and step on an ant. It works! I feel better when I do this. Unfortunately, after I wiped out all the ant colonies in my yard, and all my neighbors' yards, and all the colonies in our town, I began to feel depressed again. So now I order those kids' ant farms, just so I can release the little suckers, then step on them. I may need some counseling about this.

Edited by BillsfaninFl

After starting out so great & to end this way is worst than if we where the Colts, my morale is lower than it ever has been at least I can look forward to the Draft & hope someone in the front office see the light & Draft us a franchise QB hopefully Robert Griffin III otherwise its just more losing & more heartbreak

We are brothers in arms....or brothers in suffering. I've followed this team closely since 1990. There have been many low points in fan morale:

- 1994-95: when our aging Super Bowl team didn't make the playoffs for the first time since 1988

- 1997: realizing that Todd Collins was not our franchise QB and that we needed a new direction

- 2000: when a talented team imploded due to internal conflicts

- 2003: when Drew Bledsoe and company took a sharp downturn after a hot start

- 2005: when Drew Bledoe and company lost to the Steeler 3rd stringers to blow a playoff spot

- 2008: The Dick Jauron-led teams that went 1-11 down the stretch.

This is easily one of the lowest times in franchise history.

I am really surprised. I have been down on this team since they were 5-4 and got blown up against the Jets the first time. I knew that it was over at that point but I didn't realize this team would suck as much as they have. The thing is a lot of people on this message board are great at making excuses....I mean finding positives with each Bills loss. "We're only in year 2 of a rebuilding process," "we're trying to rebuild through the draft," "we've had a lot of injuries" etc.

The thing is that the excuses....I mean positives that fans in here are making have stopped. This tells me that the fan base is extremely frustrated and disappointed in this team as I have been since a few weeks back. I'm seeing a lot more people voice their disapproval of Ralph Wilson as owner of this team. II think it's sad but hey....atleast the excuses have stopped and we are seeing this troubled franchise for what they are...

It more than just this year. More than 7 straight losses.

8 straight losses to BEGIN last year. bad defense last two years. non Playoff for 12 yrs.

All we get is the same thing every year. We try even to justify it to make it seem better. It just wears you down as a fan. I have never been this low as a fan. The thing is I dont see playoffs next year. Hope I am wrong.