The bills have the worst defense I have ever seen

berndogg

Don't you remember the Gregggg Williams defenses? Seriously, those were the worst. This is bad, but those were worse.

You mean like when Ricky Williams ran for like 275 yards in Buffalo and London Fletcher said he felt that they kept him in check except for a few big runs. :w00t:

Or Eddie Robinson making Chad Pennington look like Randall Cunningham on a TD scamper?

It is that bad now, it's just that Spencer Johnson can't even get into the frame to get poster-ized like Eddie.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The defense is NOT good...but it's a bit of a stretch to call a defense the "worst" who picked off The Brady four times and shut out the (admittedly atrocious) Redskins with ten sacks. Abberations, yes...but a defense that was truly the "worst" wouldn't even have those abberations.

New England's defense, though... :ph34r:

Think about the matchups. They've got Vincent Jackson and Gates and other big timers running around being covered by 7th round draft choices and street free agents, and well, Leodis. But the key is the pass rush, which does not exist. Their starters are better than our backups. And we have no pass rush.

The Chargers have McNeill and Dielman on IR and are starting a LT who played for the Chiefs only 14 days ago.

Fill in the name "Rivers" with any QB the Bills have played against since John Beck. It's been like this every week.

It is nearly impossible to look good on defense with a passrush this bad.

I think the secondary has some tools - they were great against the Jets in NY - and the run defense is better than the last few years, but all that is being obscured by absolutely zero pressure on opposing QB's.

For all the complaints about Merriman not at 100% and with Kyle Williams playing hurt every week - they had a credible pass rush with those two in the lineup. Without them it's the worst pass rush I've ever seen.

We had no credible pass rush except Wash game. Merriman was a non-factor in everything but a few preseason snaps.