Maybin Vs. Kelsay

I think each of their skill sets were pretty equal when Maybin played for this Bills. But they cut Maybins ass and Kelsay still makes it on the field every week.

Neither can generate any pass rush and kelsay's outside contain is just horrible. I have never seen a DE over pursue as much as Kelsay. In coverage its bad.

At this point, and with Maybin's recent success Maybin > Kelsay. And if he keeps on playing with the Jets his ceiling even might rise while Kelsay's is on the downfall.

What I am saying, Maybin wasn't providing the production or the progress they expected, yet he didn't make it on the field. Kelsay somehow lacks production year after year and he starts every week. I don't get it?

I think each of their skill sets were pretty equal when Maybin played for this Bills. But they cut Maybins ass and Kelsay still makes it on the field every week.

Neither can generate any pass rush and kelsay's outside contain is just horrible. I have never seen a DE over pursue as much as Kelsay. In coverage its bad.

At this point, and with Maybin's recent success Maybin > Kelsay. And if he keeps on playing with the Jets his ceiling even might rise while Kelsay's is on the downfall.

What I am saying, Maybin wasn't providing the production or the progress they expected, yet he didn't make it on the field. Kelsay somehow lacks production year after year and he starts every week. I don't get it?

You are making the mistake of equating sacks with production. Of equating an every down player with someone who doesn't get 20 snaps in a game.

If his ceiling keeps rising with the Jets then I'll come back and be the first one to say you were right about him but until then, Maybin can't carry Kelsay's jock as a FOOTBALL player. And that's not a praise of Kelsay at all. It's an indictment of Maybin's overall ability to play the game at this point.

GO BILLS!!!

I think Kelsay has had a fairly productive career in the NFL. Maybin isn't even close to that yet. He could be someday, we'll see. The Bills simply could not justify paying Maybin #11 pick money at the level he was playing at. For the Jets, he's a bargain at his salary.

Maybin is surrounded by talent and has been left alone in many situations with the Jets. On the Bills he had to create his own pressure which he is totally incapable of doing. Like I've been saying, Maybin looks great for a dumpster pickup. As a #11 pick he's still a bust.

PTR

I felt that Maybin and Kelsay were pretty equal. Same body types, techniques, talent (or lack-there-of). Maybin was obviously a better athelete, though, Kelsay was better against the run (barely). I'm not sure why Maybin was benched (and cut) while Kelsay was given the starter tag and the long-term contract. I guess it just comes down to expectations. Because Maybin was a 1st round pick, they expected him to fill the need of a hybrid OLB/DE who could do everything. If you watch him play for the Jets, the defensive scheme is to let him line up anywhere on the field that gives him the best chance to get the sack, and thus, he gets them. Over 2 seasons, the Bills never thought to even try this scheme, thus, zero sacks.

I felt that Maybin and Kelsay were pretty equal. Same body types, techniques, talent (or lack-there-of). Maybin was obviously a better athelete, though, Kelsay was better against the run (barely). I'm not sure why Maybin was benched (and cut) while Kelsay was given the starter tag and the long-term contract. I guess it just comes down to expectations. Because Maybin was a 1st round pick, they expected him to fill the need of a hybrid OLB/DE who could do everything. If you watch him play for the Jets, the defensive scheme is to let him line up anywhere on the field that gives him the best chance to get the sack, and thus, he gets them. Over 2 seasons, the Bills never thought to even try this scheme, thus, zero sacks.

Kelsay: 6'4" 260lbs.

Maybin: 6'4" 228lbs.

Body types are very different.

As for technique, it's not even close. Maybin is one of the worst technical players I've ever seen. The Jets know this so they just line him up in a wide-9 out of a four point stance and let him run as fast as he can. Very technically limited.

Kelsay, on the other hand, lines up in a variety of positions from both a 3-point and 2-point stance and is asked to do several things depending on which position he's in. Very technically diverse.

Kelsay=football player.

Maybin=one trick, situational player but still learning.

GO BILLS!!!

Let it go man, let it go.

:wallbash:

Let's see, Kelsay is a DE asked to play OLB with responsibilities he's not used to and Maybin is thrown in on 3 and forever and told "just beeline it to the QB". Yep he's soooo much better.

Let's see, Kelsay is a DE asked to play OLB with responsibilities he's not used to and Maybin is thrown in on 3 and forever and told "just beeline it to the QB". Yep he's soooo much better.

Maybin is being used on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down situations in NY.

Kelsay is very similar to Maybin in that the only thing they can do is rush the passer, but even then they don't put up great production. Their ability to contain the outside and stop the run they are totally lost.

At each point in there careers now, they are very similar IMO.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Maybin is being used on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down situations in NY.

Kelsay is very similar to Maybin in that the only thing they can do is rush the passer, but even then they don't put up great production. Their ability to contain the outside and stop the run they are totally lost.

At each point in there careers now, they are very similar IMO.

Oh please. Maybin couldn't stop an NFL running back without a taser and a can of pepper spray. He's basically a slow safety who is worth about the NFL minimum the Jests are paying him. I'd pick him up for the minimum but millions? Move on. Kelsey is ten times the player that Maybin is.

Chris will be 33 years old and has lived a charmed life with the Bills. Whatever quickness he had is gone this season. I think he represented to VERY UPPER MANAGEMENT what a solid citizen, good Christian and total hustle player represented to the franchise. He did really give his very best. I think he'll retire after this season. As a quality individual he knows it's over.

Kelsay is not very good...but Maybin is still worse. You can't compare Maybin playing around the Jets defense with Kelsay playing around the bills.

Never thought Kelsay should've been extended, but he's not the worst starter on this defense this year. That's saying something (I guess?)

Kelsay: 6'4" 260lbs.

Maybin: 6'4" 228lbs.

Body types are very different.

As for technique, it's not even close. Maybin is one of the worst technical players I've ever seen. The Jets know this so they just line him up in a wide-9 out of a four point stance and let him run as fast as he can. Very technically limited.

Kelsay, on the other hand, lines up in a variety of positions from both a 3-point and 2-point stance and is asked to do several things depending on which position he's in. Very technically diverse.

Kelsay=football player.

Maybin=one trick, situational player but still learning.

GO BILLS!!!

Maybin is a situational pass rusher. That is it. Jets got him cheap, so that works. He never should have been drafted in the first 4 rounds, but he was. By Jauron.

Let it go.

Maybin vs. Kelsay?

I got Kelsay in a first round KO. Kelsay will get him on the ground and pound him into unconciousness. Heck, Maybin might even tap out as soon as his back hits the mat. If it even made it to the second round I would sign over the deed to my house. Dana White needs to make this happen.

You are making the mistake of equating sacks with production. Of equating an every down player with someone who doesn't get 20 snaps in a game.

If his ceiling keeps rising with the Jets then I'll come back and be the first one to say you were right about him but until then, Maybin can't carry Kelsay's jock as a FOOTBALL player. And that's not a praise of Kelsay at all. It's an indictment of Maybin's overall ability to play the game at this point.

GO BILLS!!!

excellent post.

Black and White

THis is one of these posts where the internet dooms us all. This could be a crazy racial statement but I'm opting for dry, yet very effective, humor.....well played.