Dr. Evil shows up in Russia

"We are the largest nuclear power," Putin said, addressing supporters during a televised meeting. "And our partners have certain concerns and shake us so that we don't forget who is the master of this planet, so that we remain obedient and feel that they have leverage to influence us within our own country."

Just another power hungry wacko looking for a scapegoat to blame for his own failures. History repeats itself.

Barry and Hil offered a Reset button

In return, Russia is offering a Cold War Reboot

Putin has been trying to re-ignite the cold war since before Hilbama's magical mystery tour. They've been blocking Western investors from getting a piece of their natural gas, aluminum and other natural resources in favor of old commie pals China. They continue to oppose U.S. foreign policy at every turn, aligning themselves with peace loving nations like Iran in the U.N.

We had a few humorous years of Yeltsin, who's love of pepsi and big macs toppled the Soviet regime, but since then its been meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Russia is still striving for global relevancy. After 2000 years of getting kicked in the teeth, they were almost to the top of the pile for about 40 years, before it was right back to the middle for them.

Edited by Jauronimo

Putin has been trying to re-ignite the cold war since before Hilbama's magical mystery tour. They've been blocking Western investors from getting a piece of their natural gas, aluminum and other natural resources in favor of old commie pals China. They continue to oppose U.S. foreign policy at every turn, aligning themselves with peace loving nations like Iran in the U.N.

We had a few humorous years of Yeltsin, who's love of pepsi and big macs toppled the Soviet regime, but since then its been meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Russia is still striving for global relevancy. After 2000 years of getting kicked in the teeth, they were almost to the top of the pile for about 40 years, before it was right back to the middle for them.

While I don't disagree with your premise, I hope you also realize we, the US, probably have more untapped reserves of natural gas than any other nation on the planet.... Likewise, aluminum is the 3rd most abundant element on earth, so i don't think folks are necessarily scrambling just to get to Russia's...

Just another power hungry wacko looking for a scapegoat to blame for his own failures. History repeats itself.

Reminds me I heard Obama on the radio today explaining his falling poll numbers-"There are individuals frustrated with their own personal circumstances and I understand that. They must be patient and remember it takes a long time to fix 20 years of bad policy. It may take 2 terms"

20 years? Looks like he's ratcheting it up. No longer content to blame just Bush jr,seems Clinton and Bush sr are also at fault. The blame may stretch to Eisenhower by summer.

Reminds me I heard Obama on the radio today explaining his falling poll numbers-"There are individuals frustrated with their own personal circumstances and I understand that. They must be patient and remember it takes a long time to fix 20 years of bad policy. It may take 2 terms"

20 years? Looks like he's ratcheting it up. No longer content to blame just Bush jr,seems Clinton and Bush sr are also at fault. The blame may stretch to Eisenhower by summer.

The Middle Ages !@#$ed things up pretty good too. It takes a long time to get over the plague.

We've had to adjust to the discovery of iron, and the collapse of the copper tool market...

Personally I think that the men who were tasked with creating stone tools for the tribes should have occupied the caves when copper began to be used, taking their livelihoods away.

Personally I think that the men who were tasked with creating stone tools for the tribes should have occupied the caves when copper began to be used, taking their livelihoods away.

I say nay!!!! For sure, the smelting of copper, and obviously later, iron, has had an adverse effect on our climate!!! The burning of fossil fuels obviously used in the smelting, and forging process is the reason we are enduring the problems we face today!!!

:wallbash:

Wouldn't the world be such a "nicer" place if we had just clung to the age of stone?? If our ancestors had only been smart enough to know this, and make it illegal thousands of years ago, any activity that might endanger our future... like... coal... copper.... oil... iron... blackberry's... PCs..... power tools... HDTV.... IPad... well, I hope you get the drift...

I say nay!!!! For sure, the smelting of copper, and obviously later, iron, has had an adverse effect on our climate!!! The burning of fossil fuels obviously used in the smelting, and forging process is the reason we are enduring the problems we face today!!!

:wallbash:

Wouldn't the world be such a "nicer" place if we had just clung to the age of stone?? If our ancestors had only been smart enough to know this, and make it illegal thousands of years ago, any activity that might endanger our future... like... coal... copper.... oil... iron... blackberry's... PCs..... power tools... HDTV.... IPad... well, I hope you get the drift...

Yet the hunam race remaining in the stone age would have done nothing to stem the tide of cow flatulence-related pollution.

If the invention of clay pots hadn't allowed the oligarchy to oppress the 99% by hoarding all the wheat, the stone tool makers wouldn't have gone hungry to begin with.

While I don't disagree with your premise, I hope you also realize we, the US, probably have more untapped reserves of natural gas than any other nation on the planet.... Likewise, aluminum is the 3rd most abundant element on earth, so i don't think folks are necessarily scrambling just to get to Russia's...

And I'm sure you've noticed how the price of ultra abundant aluminum has managed to rise pretty steadily over the past 20 years. I'm sure you also realize that this nation has laws and something called the EPA, and wage controls, and therefore our price to extract natural resources is not quite the same as in Russia, where I doubt anyone would cry over a little hydraulic fracturing. Abundance taken alone means nothing when you fail to consider demand and the resulting market price.

Edited by Jauronimo

And I'm sure you've noticed how the price of ultra abundant aluminum has managed to rise pretty steadily over the past 20 years. I'm sure you also realize that this nation has laws and something called the EPA, and wage controls, and therefore our price to extract natural resources is not quite the same as in Russia, where I doubt anyone would cry over a little hydraulic fracturing. Abundance taken alone means nothing when you fail to consider demand and the resulting market price.

"Abundant" does not mean "accessible". Bauxite's basically the ony form that counts...you don't see anyone refining aluminum from rubies or sapphires.

And the US has virtually no bauxite production or reserves.