Concerned About Fitz' ability to win games on last possession

BTW this is a big reason it's so hard to get an established quarterback in Buffalo. The environment is very hard to perform in game in and game out. When there is a perceived poor performance, the fans and Buffalo writers go nuts and rip into the QB. No wonder it's been so long.

he threw 3 td's last week vs. the Jets and people were still ripping on him b/c we lost. when he underperforms he sucks; when he's average in a game then he's still not the long-term answer at the position; and when he plays very well it was expected b/c the other team's defense sucks.. the buffalo bills are a 1 man team for the purposes of these message boards...it's a way for fans to dumb things down by simply saying that it was "player Xs fault"

Edited by bobobonators

Fitz made some monster throws and pocket mobility was impressive. If buddy gets the guy some real wr's it'll be fine.

No excuse for no open wr's against a 6 man rush with 5 wr's. But I saw it repeatedly.

Buddy will let Johnson go and bring in some old retred for WR and try to appease the fans. We'll never bring in legit NFL talent. We should get DeShawn Jackson and keep Johnson. You need 2 good WR's to have a good passing offense in this league. We have one. Look at the Steelers (Wallace and Brown...and Sanders); Detroit, Green Bay, Giants, Saints, etc. all have multiple very good WR's.

STOP, please stop, we had the ball on our 15 YARD LINE with 0 timeouts and 1 minute left on the clock...what on earth did you expect?

last week he drove us down all the way to the redzone vs. the jets and then Stevie dropped a wide open pass... :rolleyes:

When did they move the red zone?

When did they move the red zone?

lol..i meant near the red zone..weren't we on the 30 or so? (sorry, can't remember the exact spot)..anyway, my point was taht he did move the ball down the field last week in the last possession; if our defense holds the jets to a FG to tie the game last week instead of the go-ahead TD, then that would've been a game winning drive by us last week since we were in FG range. anyway, buts are pointless at this point..it's just amazing though how this teams clear weakness/flaw is the defense and yet week in week out we sit here and scrutinize every pass Fitz throws as if we have a top 3 defense and pro bowl WR and Fitz is the one holding this team back. it's laughable.

BTW this is a big reason it's so hard to get an established quarterback in Buffalo. The environment is very hard to perform in game in and game out. When there is a perceived poor performance, the fans and Buffalo writers go nuts and rip into the QB. No wonder it's been so long.

You are crazy...that is NOT the reason. The pressure of playing in Buffalo pales in comparison to the bigger market teams. Just ask Mark Sanchez

I am very concerned about Fitz' inaccuracy but what about the notion of getting better offensive linemen who can actually establish a passing pocket and can open up holes for Fred and CJ? This of course would mean, we will need to resign both players and I am pretty sure we will. Imagine if we became primarily a run oriented team that could trow Fitz' short passes and chew up TOP. This would help keep our porous defense off the field. At this point our OL doesn't knock anyone off the ball, so our running game often gets ditched. I don't think it's unreasonable to resign both and still pick up a new OT and OG, as well as one GOOD WR.

The defense on the other hand -- that's a freaking mess. We have maybe 4 or 5 NFL caliber starters at this point, the rest are younger players of guys that aren't good enough. We have a ton of holes on defense that we need to address BIG TIME.

Did you see the end of the GB/NYG game today?

Rogers (and even Eli) are QBs to build a team around.

Of course that's the case- everyone knows that Fitz isn't in the same league as those QBs. That being said, teams can, and do, win with mediocre QBs- look at Baltimore, San Francisco, etc. Taking a first round QB- if he fails- sets us back 5 more years. I'd rather draft defense or a WR.

Did you see the end of the GB/NYG game today?

Rogers (and even Eli) are QBs to build a team around.

First off Rogers is the best QB in the league and Manning might be Top 5. As good as they are, you don't need a top 5 QB to win the NFL. You do need a good QB (which is what we have in Fitz), some good teammates, and good coaching. I'd like to think we will legitimately address the other two parts in the offseason. Our LB's and DL is more of a concern than QB at this time

Right- bad weather and vocal media are unique and extreme in buffalo.

You guys are idiots. Anybody putting this on Fitz is a moron. I could spend some time making a case but it would be a waste of time. I'm getting a bit worried Bills fans are as bipolarly stupid as Eagles fans. We lose and everything is a problem. We win and we're going to the playoffs and have a shot at the super bowl. OUR DEFENSE IS THE PROBLEM! WE COULDN'T STOP A NOSE BLEED! The only reason we were good in the beginning is because we were getting tons of turnovers. That was the only way we were stopping anybody. Now we're not getting turnovers and we're still not stopping anybody. You're as biased and inaccurate as the press. PASS RUSH! That's our biggets problem!

Yep.

The point about the lack of urgency on the previous Bills TD drive is well-taken, though. Were we afraid we'd screw up if we tried to put the pedal down or what?