Own a piece of the Packers

gflande1

Looks like the Packers are going to raise some money. Too bad they are the only team to be "Fan Owned". I would love to have me some Bills stock.

Link

Might be a nice gift for any Packer fans out there.

They have limits on how many shares any one person can buy, but if we all get enough shares we can trade Aaron Rogers to the Bills and ask for Kyle "my foot started hurting right after I started burning the salary cap" Williams in return.

I'm going to buy a share and have the stock certificate hanging in my sports room. I think it's pretty cool, too bad the Bills can't do this.

"The stock pays no dividends, doesn’t appreciate and can’t be sold."

So basically you are handing $250 to the Packers for a piece of paper. I can see how TBD would react if Ralph did do this. :lol:

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The concept is great, but seriously, considering our last 10 years, would you be a buyer or a seller?

10 years from now, novelty aside, what would your "investment" be worth?

Being a shareholder will give zero satisfaction if the Company does not succeed.

Green Bay will take all the chump bet, single share purchases it can get, and laugh all the way to the cheese factory!

But buried in the fine print are some interesting restrictions and the steep fine that could accompany them:

The NFL Rules prohibit conduct by shareholders of NFL member clubs that is detrimental to the NFL, including [...] publicly criticizing any NFL member club or its management, employees.

If the Commissioner of the NFL (the "Commissioner") decides that a shareholder of an NFL member club has been guilty of conduct detrimental to the welfare of the NFL then, among other things, the Commissioner has the authority to fine such shareholder in an amount not in excess of $500,000 and/or require such shareholder to sell his or her stock. In addition, if the Commissioner determines that a shareholder has bet on the outcome or score of any game played in the NFL, among other things, then the Commissioner may fine such shareholder in an amount not in excess of $5,000 and/or require such shareholder to sell his or her stock.

http://packersowner.com/

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/You-can-now-buy-shares-of-the-Packers-but-with-?urn=nfl-wp13316

The concept is great, but seriously, considering our last 10 years, would you be a buyer or a seller?

10 years from now, novelty aside, what would your "investment" be worth?

Being a shareholder will give zero satisfaction if the Company does not succeed.

Green Bay will take all the chump bet, single share purchases it can get, and laugh all the way to the cheese factory!

Yes it is a novelty purchase, but the Packers as far as I know aren't taking a penny of tax payer money for stadium upgrades.

Yes it is a novelty purchase, but the Packers as far as I know aren't taking a penny of tax payer money for stadium upgrades.

True. They are essentially treating their fans like college boosters, asking then to pony up for the program. No question GB has great fans. The best in the NFL. An unsold Packer ticket has never been seen.

PTR