• too little?
    • just right?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it would be $20k but...

The team should also hit him up for some loot too!

If I was head coach for a day - he woud be suspended for 1 game - this was pre-meditated and cost the team

Why bad teams stay in a rut

What would Bill Cowher do ?

Stevie Blunder!!

Whether he makes a catch or drops a catch--he's dying to let us hear about it.

Chan needs to start being a Head Coach and sit "Stevienotsteve" against the Titans. Why not? $10K means nothing to this kid--it's a pair of diamond earrings or studio/production costs of his next video.

Stevie Blunder!!

Whether he makes a catch or drops a catch--he's dying to let us hear about it.

Chan needs to start being a Head Coach and sit "Stevienotsteve" against the Titans. Why not? $10K means nothing to this kid--it's a pair of diamond earrings or studio/production costs of his next video.

Gaileys job is on the line as well and he is not about to do anything to help the team slide even further down.

To go from 5-2 to 5-11 would make him look very bad.

Johnson is the only even average WR the Bills have at this point. Sitting him would cost the Bills any chance of winning Sunday.

I don't think he should have been fined at all. I don't think he should have done the celebration, but I think it's BS that he got a fine for it. If he should be fined for anything it's for those two drops with the game on the line.

I think he should have been fined even more, and maybe a suspension imposed by the Bills. And I don't think he dropped two passes, the one in the endzone that would have been a sure touchdown is on Fitz with a terrible pass.

Gaileys job is on the line as well and he is not about to do anything to help the team slide even further down.

Johnson is the only even average WR the Bills have at this point. Sitting him would cost the Bills any chance of winning Sunday.

As much as I think it should be, Gailey's job isn't on the line. He is no different then most of the past 4 or 5 head coaches here, he will be gone after 3 or 4 years on the job and at that point the rebuilding will start all over again.

Too much.

I don't like the celebrations - especially when you ultimately lose. But being fined by the league is over the line. What the hell are the rules for? The ref handled the situation per the rulebook. Why is something as trivial as "escessive celebration" subject to additional league scrutiny and punishment?

The rulebook says 15 yard penalty. He did nothing dirty, dangerous or detrimental to the image of the NFL.

:thumbdown: dictator goodell :thumbdown:

Actually, some here would point out that you are wrong--5-11 is obviously an improvement over 4-12.

Too much.

The rulebook says 15 yard penalty. He did nothing dirty, dangerous or detrimental to the image of the NFL.

:thumbdown:dictator goodell :thumbdown:

Actually the fine agreed upon buy the NFL and the NFLPA is $10,000 for the first offense for such a violation. Stevie should have known this before he launched himself onto the ground in the final act of his hilarious post-TD production. Goodell had nothing to do with this fine--it was automatic.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Too much.

I don't like the celebrations - especially when you ultimately lose. But being fined by the league is over the line. What the hell are the rules for? The ref handled the situation per the rulebook. Why is something as trivial as "escessive celebration" subject to additional league scrutiny and punishment?

My role is to ensure the NFL is enjoyable for all fans.

I know he lost a couple of years and went to jail, but I don't think the NFL ever fined Burress for actually shooting a gun in public.

I don't think they fine players for things done away from the game. That is what suspensions are for. As far as I know, fines are restricted to what happens during a game.

Too much.

Are you serious?

From everything i read, Stevie wasn't fined for going to the ground...the penalty took care of that. Stevie was fined for stimulating a firearm during his celebration, and those are highly frowned upon.

so, updating Goodell's criteria:

Beating women: ok

pretending your hand is a gun: not ok

I don't think they fine players for things done away from the game. That is what suspensions are for. As far as I know, fines are restricted to what happens during a game.

Are you serious?

Yes.

Were you seriously offended by the celebration? Its not like he cussed at a fan, or flipped off an entire stadium.

15 yards was adequate.

Well, you have f#$%ed that up pretty bad.

Television ratings would suggest otherwise.

Thank you for your continued support of our league.

From everything i read, Stevie wasn't fined for going to the ground...the penalty took care of that. Stevie was fined for stimulating a firearm during his celebration, and those are highly frowned upon.

We continue to take player conduct both on and off the field very seriously.

Thank you for your continued support of the our league.

Actually firing a gun (NE) or a cannon (TB), or displaying a deadly weapon as your team logo(Oak, TB): Okay

Yes.

Were you seriously offended by the celebration? Its not like he cussed at a fan, or flipped off an entire stadium.

15 yards was adequate.

It doesn't matter if I was offended or not, I don't have a say in any fines or anything else like that. It takes an awful lot to offend me, over 20 years overseas in the Navy kinda game me thick skin, but I can certainly see how some thin skinned people would get offended though.