Dareus is great but . . .

billswi2000

I watched the Jets game and noticed that Dareus did not start. Instead heard started. Any thought in why? I think Dareus came back to the lineup in the second quarter. I could be wrong, but Heard held his ground, and it might be a good idea to put Heard and Dareus together at DT positions. Go BIlls.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the Jets game and noticed that Dareus did not start. Instead heard started. Any thought in why? I think Dareus came back to the lineup in the second quarter. I could be wrong, but Heard held his ground, and it might be a good idea to put Heard and Dareus together at DT positions. Go BIlls.

Who knows, but Dareus hasn't been "Great" so far in his NFL career. I am not say he sucks, or he is a bust or anything like that, but "Great" no. He was pushed around pretty good on sunday against the Jets. He has had a few great moments, but overall he still needs to improve quite a bit.

Who knows, but Dareus hasn't been "Great" so far in his NFL career. I am not say he sucks, or he is a bust or anything like that, but "Great" no. He was pushed around pretty good on sunday against the Jets. He has had a few great moments, but overall he still needs to improve quite a bit.

Newton = huge impact

Miller = huge impact

Dareus = no impact

Green = huge impact

Let's be honest, so far he's been just an average player showing little evidence that he will ever become great.

Newton = huge impact

Miller = huge impact

Dareus = no impact

Green = huge impact

Let's be honest, so far he's been just an average player showing little evidence that he will ever become great.

Looked great rushing up the middle vs the Redskins if anyone rememebers. We just need a betterr rush from the outside and next to him. He is real good and always double teamed.

Wow, nothing like comparing apples to oranges. I've been watching Dareus and I think he has done a great job as rookie. Newton, Miller and Green are specialty players who SHOULD make an impact. We got Dareus to firm up the run defense (right?) and then switched his position mid-season. Opposing defenses are taking him out with double teams and doing their best to account for Barnett. That's ALL they have to worry about. Put Williams back in there and stick to a 4-3 and Dareus will look better. Right now he is playing his first pro year in a position he did not play in college with almost no help in a team game. Exactly what were you expecting from one guy in his position?

BTW the Bills have a knack for taking good college players and making them look bad.

Edited by flmike

Wow, nothing like comparing apples to oranges. I've been watching Dareus and I think he has done a great job as rookie. Newton, Miller and Green are specialty players who SHOULD make an impact. We got Dareus to firm up the run defense (right?) and then switched his position mid-season. Opposing defenses are taking him out with double teams and doing their best to account for Barnett. That's ALL they have to worry about. Put Williams back in there and stick to a 4-3 and Dareus will look better. Right now he is playing his first pro year in a position he did not play in college with almost no help in a team game. Exactly what were you expecting from one guy in his position?

BTW the Bills have a knack for taking good college players and making them look bad.

What people expect is that episode of Sports Science every week.

PTR

Dareus is fine. He needs help on the D-line and we'll be getting it in the draft and probably in free agency. I predict the purses will open this year for free agents as Ralph will want one more shot at the superbowl. (okay..maybe wishful thinking). We aren't that far from a run stopping pass rusing front seven (A defensive end, two linebackers. Dareus is the first key to what we need. Von Miller is on a very good defense and is in a high visibility position, tuned for success. Dareus is coming into a very bad defense and our one pro-bowl caliber player, Kyle Williams is out for the season.

Looked great rushing up the middle vs the Redskins if anyone rememebers. We just need a betterr rush from the outside and next to him. He is real good and always double teamed.

No he's not. I didn't see the Jets double team him once.

I realize he was sick last game, but this is week 12. So far, he just isn't the player that we've all expected him to be.

That can change, but it's the reality of right now.

- As someone else pointed out, Dareus was sick

- We are currently 21st against the run compared to 32nd last year. The main changes are addition of Dareus, injury to Kyle Williams and exchanging Poz for Barnett. If you cannot see how Dareus is part of the improvement on run D, you are either being blind or just want to hate

- interior linemen do not typically make highlight reels like a WR, pass rusher, QB make.

- Guy may be a leader on the field - something we sorely lack right now.

Heard spells Dareus but Dareus was a great pick.

Newton = huge impact

Miller = huge impact

Dareus = no impact

Green = huge impact

Out of all of those guys they touch the football so it show's an impact. The Bills draft was awesome to say the least. How can write this and say let's be honest? The guy is a true stud which the Bills desperatley needed. Next year when they snag a few LB's that defense will be so strong, it might even be one of the better ones in the league next year.

Everyone around will tell you that the Bills with no doubt needed a stronger defensive line. I like Williams but he is not a 3-4 NT. The Bills need Wanny to bring them back to a 4-3 with Williams and Darues in there and they will be a killer defense. It's the system not the player. The Bills system has been weak for a while now and that must change. Let's not point fingers at a stud and say he isn't living up to his status. This kid is a true stud up there and will be dominating for years to come. Like a guy named Sapp.....

Very poor taste to point this out as he nevers touches the ball either.

No he's not. I didn't see the Jets double team him once.

I realize he was sick last game, but this is week 12. So far, he just isn't the player that we've all expected him to be.

That can change, but it's the reality of right now.

Your "reality" is clearly warped. Like another poster said, anyone criticizing Dareus doesn't understand football very well.

Out of all of those guys they touch the football so it show's an impact. The Bills draft was awesome to say the least. How can write this and say let's be honest? The guy is a true stud which the Bills desperatley needed. Next year when they snag a few LB's that defense will be so strong, it might even be one of the better ones in the league next year.

Everyone around will tell you that the Bills with no doubt needed a stronger defensive line. I like Williams but he is not a 3-4 NT. The Bills need Wanny to bring them back to a 4-3 with Williams and Darues in there and they will be a killer defense. It's the system not the player. The Bills system has been weak for a while now and that must change. Let's not point fingers at a stud and say he isn't living up to his status. This kid is a true stud up there and will be dominating for years to come. Like a guy named Sapp.....

Very poor taste to point this out as he nevers touches the ball either.

Because that same poster didnt like the idea of drafting a DL so early. Making posts like that, which ignore player roles, only helps him sound more "right" in his own head. Nevermind that they are pretty football-ignorant statements.

The first 4-5 weeks of the season (with Williams in the lineup), Dareus was nominated for Rookie of the Week a couple times. Meanwhile, Miller was invisible and getting benched (note: Dumervil was injured).

Now, Williams goes out for the season and Dumervil returns from injury, and all of a sudden Miller is "Rookie of the Year" and Dareus isnt getting noticed as much... weird how that works!!

Edited by DrDareustein