ESPN Playoffs Calculator

Dr. K

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but ESPN has a nifty playoffs calculator at this site:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

If you play with it a bit, you'll see that, as we all know, the Bills have only the slenderest chance to make the playoffs. Even if they win out, which is hard to imagine, they would still require the Jets to lose at least two more (which is not at all impossible), and for either Pittsburgh or Baltimore to go into a complete tailspin and lose four out of their last five (don't hold your breath). There may be some other scenarios, but they are even more unlikely.

Still, it's fun to play with and see how the outcome of single games can alter the seedings.

Just win baby, and good things tend to happen. Look what's going on w/ Texans. You just never know.

Exactly right. If the Bills miss the playoffs at 10-6, consider where this team has come from, I think that would definitely count as a success of sorts....

Considering that four weeks ago I thought winning the division was possible, and that sweeping the Fins and splitting wins with the Jets and Pats were probable, anything less than 9-7 will be a huge disappointment.

Can't predict games anymore. I honestly have no idea whether this team has it within them to win any or all of the remaining games. Thought we were going to blow the crappy Jets O out of the water at home and that we were going to be blown out by them on Sunday.

So, the good news: The season isn't over, this team seems capable of both amazing feats and ridiculous disasters, the Jets aren't that good, the odds are against three teams from the AFC North making it, and that anything--a Wildcard berth OR a 5-11 season--is possible.

Considering that four weeks ago I thought winning the division was possible, and that sweeping the Fins and splitting wins with the Jets and Pats were probable, anything less than 9-7 will be a huge disappointment.

Can't predict games anymore. I honestly have no idea whether this team has it within them to win any or all of the remaining games. Thought we were going to blow the crappy Jets O out of the water at home and that we were going to be blown out by them on Sunday.

So, the good news: The season isn't over, this team seems capable of both amazing feats and ridiculous disasters, the Jets aren't that good, the odds are against three teams from the AFC North making it, and that anything--a Wildcard berth OR a 5-11 season--is possible.

Can you predict any team outside the Packers? Seems like nearly every team is susceptible to either a swoon or win streak. If it's not the Bills, the Chargers, Titans, Bucs, Giants and Lions have all hit rough stretches during the season. Who says the same can't happen to the Bengals? Ravens? Jets? Broncos?

Best we can all hope for is winning out and taking it from there.