Where do you live vs. Your outlook going forward

ThurmasThoman

140 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you live (in market or out of market) and what's your outlook on the Bills immediate future (the next 2-3 seasons.)

• I live in the greater Buffalo area and I think this team is going absolutely nowhere.
    • I live in another part of the country, and I think this team is going nowhere.
    • I live in the greater Buffalo area, and I think this team is on the doorstep of greatness, and a lock for the playoffs next year.
    • I live in another part of the country, and I think this team is on the doorstep of greatness, and a lock for the playoffs next year.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most interesting part is how few of us live in Buffalo area. Twice as many negative nancys responded from outside Buffalo as people in the area in both categories at this point. For a team with a small population in its immediate area we seem to have many fans outside of Buffalo. Why do you think that is?

Not surprised that more out of towners like where the team is going. We don't have to deal with the after-the-loss hangover.

Edited by poo

In Steeler country, tend to the pessimistic side, 12 years no playoffs will do that. Im smart enough to realize there are 6 playoff spots. Looking to 2012, somebody wins the AFC west and south, Steelers/Ravens take the north and a wild card spot, Patriots in the east. Thats leaves 1 playoff spot for the Jets, up and coming Bengals with nice draft picks, 2nd place west and south teams, and the Bills. The playoffs will be a tall mountian to climb.

Born & Raised in 716 (Cheekta-Vegas/W Seneca/S Buff) First cpl games in the Rockpile, MANY lost afternoons @ Rich (half time @ Hooterhill?) thru Fergy, Juice, Knox, Smerlas, Bermuda Traingle ("Curtain Call" Rams gm in like 1981?) Moved away in '85. Lived all over country for 5-yrs before settling in Utah in 1990 and still, for the life of me, I cannont shake this Bills addiction. (We did have 4-awesome SB parties in SLC! Plus many roadies...No Punt gm in 'Frisco '92, Flutie Mania beating Pheonix '99, etc) and we always seem to say to one another; 'Damn, one more good draft & a cpl free agents and we're there!" I do believe this current edition is headeding in the right direction overall. Nix/Gailey started a pretty major remodel but have had their hands partially tied by the brass. I also think the emphasis on good players w/ good character (Stevie's meltdown excluded) is the right way & I do think playoffs are coming next year, not just a cup of coffee either. Jets can't keep up their circus much longer, the win over the Pat's wasn't an anomoly, the loss to the Fish was, IMHO. There, sorry for rambling but you guys get me fired up...my glass remains half full! Beat the Titas & Go Bills!

I've Lived in massachusetts my whole life. Right outside of Boston. My family is from Amherst, NY. Im 21 years old. I Cant stand the patriots but I love living in Boston. Its my home and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Im a Bills fan with a Boston Swagger so as you may imagine, Im a very loud, colorful fan whose not afraid to speak my mind as some of you may already know here on this board. With that said, I do believe the Bills will finally end this playoff drought next year if they cant somehow pull it off by the end of this season. Despite what happens ill always remain a Bills fan. Im too Loyal and desperately love this team too much. :thumbsup:

Choices are insufficient. I live in Buffalo proper, and I think the team is making progress in the right direction and not "going nowhere," although not a lock for the playoffs next year (especially in this division) or on the doorstep of greatness. Where's that option? Also, why "absolutely nowhere" for locals but just "nowhere" for those who are unfortunate to live elsewhere?

Grew up in Rochester and escaped to Redskin territory. I feel so stupid for getting caught up in the hype. Now at what point is it safe to emotionally invest in this organization? The only thing that would make this season worthwhile is if the team was sold.

At least those of us Bills fans in the DC area can tell the Skins media fans (this season) that the Bills are better than the Skins.

I'm in Atlanta and definitely an optimist, but "Doorstep of Greatness" and "Lock for playoffs" are a little strong.

Agreed - except from central Maryland.

Interesting that not only are the out-of-towners somewhat more optimistic, but they are overwhelmingly the majority of respondents.

I'm from Dayton, Ohio. My father and his family grew up and went to school in Amherst, NY. They bought me into the Bills at a very young age. Also, my first memories of football were of the Bills in the early 90's. I stayed a fan through-out the years. There are very few fans in this area, but I think that's what makes it fun too. I still get to catch every game on NFL Sunday Ticket. Last weeks game was even on local television since the Bengals game didn't sell out.

I think this team is heading in the right direction. I wouldn't say that the playoffs are a lock for next year, but I will say that we could be quite a bit better next year then we are this year, and I'm still optimistic that we can get to 8-8 this season (win 3 out of these 4 games... Dolphins,Chargers,Titans,Broncos).

Now at what point is it safe to emotionally invest in this organization?

This is something an insecure woman would say. Man up and grow some balls, Nancy! "Emotional safety" is for pansies!! <_<

(I'm sure that hurt me more than it hurt you...but you needed to hear it.)

In Steeler country, tend to the pessimistic side, 12 years no playoffs will do that. Im smart enough to realize there are 6 playoff spots. Looking to 2012, somebody wins the AFC west and south, Steelers/Ravens take the north and a wild card spot, Patriots in the east. Thats leaves 1 playoff spot for the Jets, up and coming Bengals with nice draft picks, 2nd place west and south teams, and the Bills. The playoffs will be a tall mountian to climb.

we could EASILY win the division next year. don't just assume the patriots got it locked up.

brady will be a year older, beliceck STILL doesn't know how to draft (that ship sailed when pioli left for kansas city,) they can't video tape opponents anymore, and on and on.

they're 3 games up on us right now... next year, we should win games like

cincy, new york giants, this week against the jets, et. al.

were gonna fight for the division next year, forget the wild card - think big!

simple. nfc west vs abc east. college teams could beat nfc west teams

The 49ers have only played 2 games against the NFC West so far. Sure, the rest of the way looks easy with 4 against the NFC West, but they have played the Bengals, Cowboys, Ravens, Lions, Giants. And, they beat the Bengals & Giants.

I live in another country altogether and see a number of positives. No need to overstate it, but the need for a realDC is imperative. If (Big IF) we fill needs at OLB, NT, DB and depth on the OL via FA and the draft, we look great. Seems like a few holes still, so a "lock for the playoffs" is not something I can get behind 100%.