Gaileys game plan VS Jets

Bufcomments

Great game plan vs Jets. I liked how Chan and Fitz spread the ball around Sunday.

I think Chan put too much pressure on Fred in the first game against the Jets. This is what we should have done the first time we played them . The Jets were keyed up to stop Jackson . This game proved to me Gailey can adjust. Was happy to see them play well without Jackson.

A couple of calls I did not like the squib kick but they used Brad Smith nicely , Chandler also. They weren't scarred to go to Revis Island , Man Fitz does have some guts going that way so often.

Maybe they should keep Smith as a WR. He showed his sneaky Speed and has above average concentration.

Fitz impressed me alot playing behind a patchwork line.

Once Stevie matures he is going to be a great WR. I bet he took his eye off the ball knowing he had a shot at the end zone. He will get a fine. Let it go. But if it happens againn ( a dumb ass celebration) we might have a problem. Think like this about Stevie if Revis cant check him.....you get my point. Just catch the ball next time Stevie.

I feel like we got caught up in the gimmick offense....and could have been playing like this through the previous 3 games...(not including injuries on the line, with stevie, fitz and of course fred) ...but we see what a healthy fitz and stevie can do....more than bubble screen and 3 yard slants....

It was an attacking offense.... I believe our team can win the next 5 games...not saying we'll make the play-off but we can finish strong

I feel like we got caught up in the gimmick offense....and could have been playing like this through the previous 3 games...(not including injuries on the line, with stevie, fitz and of course fred) ...but we see what a healthy fitz and stevie can do....more than bubble screen and 3 yard slants....

It was an attacking offense.... I believe our team can win the next 5 games...not saying we'll make the play-off but we can finish strong

The offense played well, Chan did a nice job of adjusting.

The achiles heel of this team remains the defense. If we put up 24 points on the Jets we should have won the game.

This is what I felt was happening earlier in the season. Even when we'd go down but a touchdown or three, Gailey would make adjustments and we'd start getting it in gear. Yesterday we saw evidence of game planning once again, whereas the last few games we have seemingly had no clue what we were doing. Even with the mediocre talent, if Gailey would just keep mixing it up like he did yesterday, we can play in this league.

Three games to come up with something is NOT encouraging

id be more worried if we were an overly talented team.

this team has often outperformed "better" teams. i think that is a testament to the direction we are going in. i hope with a strong draft, maybe a FA or two, we will be atleast on par talentwise with just about anyone we play next year.

This is what I felt was happening earlier in the season. Even when we'd go down but a touchdown or three, Gailey would make adjustments and we'd start getting it in gear. Yesterday we saw evidence of game planning once again, whereas the last few games we have seemingly had no clue what we were doing. Even with the mediocre talent, if Gailey would just keep mixing it up like he did yesterday, we can play in this league.

That the key, get everybody the ball on Offense, even without FredEX we still moved the ball.

If we have Fred we win the game.

id be more worried if we were an overly talented team.

this team has often outperformed "better" teams. i think that is a testament to the direction we are going in. i hope with a strong draft, maybe a FA or two, we will be atleast on par talentwise with just about anyone we play next year.

That's exactly the point that people forget. Our talent level is average-to-below-average. With free agency, we'll never have the same type of teams that we had in the SB years, so we have to allow smart game planning to give us the advantage. Most people I know, even those who are fans of the game, have NO IDEA who our skill people are. But they have proven effective when put in position to make plays, and we need to be able to rely on Chan to keep making adjustments and innovations.

Good coaches adjust and Gailey did that. The 1st Jets game showed the blueprint on how to slow the offense down. Gailey adjusted in the 2nd meeting. This, IMO, is very encouraging going forward.

Gailey refused to abandon the run, even when Spiller was getting stuffed, and that is the big difference from the first game. This allowed all the play action and hitting the slants again.

Great game plan vs Jets. I liked how Chan and Fitz spread the ball around Sunday.

I think Chan put too much pressure on Fred in the first game against the Jets. This is what we should have done the first time we played them . The Jets were keyed up to stop Jackson . This game proved to me Gailey can adjust. Was happy to see them play well without Jackson.

A couple of calls I did not like the squib kick but they used Brad Smith nicely , Chandler also. They weren't scarred to go to Revis Island , Man Fitz does have some guts going that way so often.

Maybe they should keep Smith as a WR. He showed his sneaky Speed and has above average concentration.

Once Stevie matures he is going to be a great WR. I bet he took his eye off the ball knowing he had a shot at the end zone. He will get a fine. Let it go. But if it happens againn ( a dumb ass celebration) we might have a problem. Think like this about Stevie if Revis cant check him.....you get my point. Just catch the ball next time Stevie.

Agree with pretty much everything you said. I really think Stevie can be special , his footwork is bar none. Makes ya think how much that groin was bothering him.

I agree with the OP. In the first game they were more than ready for freddy. I think though, that Fitz realized that his throws are so bad, Revis had just as much chance at dropping them as Stevie did.

Edited by #34fan

Johnson owned Revis