Apathy....

Kipers Hair

I know some might be juiced by some of the life shown today, but frankly, the best I can muster for this organization right now is apathy. I finished watching the game off of the Tivo box a couple of minutes ago...basically fast forwarding through much of it...partly because I knew the score at the half, but mostly because I really have given up. It's sad it has come to this again...

I know some might be juiced by some of the life shown today, but frankly, the best I can muster for this organization right now is apathy. I finished watching the game off of the Tivo box a couple of minutes ago...basically fast forwarding through much of it...partly because I knew the score at the half, but mostly because I really have given up. It's sad it has come to this again...

I know the feeling.....This team is a franchise of losers and that starts up at the top with Ralph WIlson, who refuses to make the necessary changes to win. I don't feel that we will be competitive until there is a change in ownership.

I get a lot of flack in the chatrooms for being critical of this franchise and for saying things like this is a "piece of S**T" team, but really it is. The people of Western, NY and Bills fans all around the United States are hardworking, and loyal supporters of this franchise. They deserve better than to watch an untalented group of nobodies make boneheaded plays and lose games. I will still follow this team, but I do believe that they are a team of losers.

I know the feeling.....This team is a franchise of losers and that starts up at the top with Ralph WIlson, who refuses to make the necessary changes to win. I don't feel that we will be competitive until there is a change in ownership.

I get a lot of flack in the chatrooms for being critical of this franchise and for saying things like this is a "piece of S**T" team, but really it is. The people of Western, NY and Bills fans all around the United States are hardworking, and loyal supporters of this franchise. They deserve better than to watch an untalented group of nobodies make boneheaded plays and lose games. I will still follow this team, but I do believe that they are a team of losers.

I agree with what you say except for this: The people of Western, NY and Bills fans all around the United States are hardworking, and loyal supporters of this franchise. They deserve better than to watch an untalented group of nobodies make boneheaded plays and lose games.

Sorry...the Bill-ievers eat up whatever crap Wilson throws on the field at bargain basement prices and buy tickets...cheering on early victories with delusions of grandeur. The owner will never invest anymore than he has to with sold-out home games in honor of a crappy product...why should he? The fans get exactly what they deserve...at least the Bill-ievers ones, who buy into the b.s. with the "this is our year" pathetic annual warcry.

I use the games these days for research. I'm already thinking about the draft and next year. For example, I was curious to see how the rookies at DB did. I would say not bad, but on the other hand the Jets were making long pass plays pretty often, so I'm not sure what to think. I tried to watch the line play to see how that went, but I'm not always sure what to look for. I wanted to see how Spiller did. He did ok, but there were too many running plays straight into the line, and that is not his strength. Linebackers are not good, but I guess we all knew that. I wanted to see how Fitz did after the last three games, and I felt he did ok. eh.

I use the games these days for research. I'm already thinking about the draft and next year. For example, I was curious to see how the rookies at DB did. I would say not bad, but on the other hand the Jets were making long pass plays pretty often, so I'm not sure what to think. I tried to watch the line play to see how that went, but I'm not always sure what to look for. I wanted to see how Spiller did. He did ok, but there were too many running plays straight into the line, and that is not his strength. Linebackers are not good, but I guess we all knew that. I wanted to see how Fitz did after the last three games, and I felt he did ok. eh.

How many "research" years have the Bills had? By now not only should they have collected enough evidence to field the All-Madden team, they should already have been able to cure cancer and solve the enigma of cold fusion.

I agree with what you say except for this: The people of Western, NY and Bills fans all around the United States are hardworking, and loyal supporters of this franchise. They deserve better than to watch an untalented group of nobodies make boneheaded plays and lose games.

Sorry...the Bill-ievers eat up whatever crap Wilson throws on the field at bargain basement prices and buy tickets...cheering on early victories with delusions of grandeur. The owner will never invest anymore than he has to with sold-out home games in honor of a crappy product...why should he? The fans get exactly what they deserve...at least the Bill-ievers ones, who buy into the b.s. with the "this is our year" pathetic annual warcry.

Ralph is cheap.

expecting the worst is the way to go so that when they lose you're not sad, depressed, disgusted or suicidal and when they play good and win you're happy. :)

I remember doing this - but have realized over the past 10 years, it is feudal as it will end up one of three ways (1) The player looks good and continues development to the point where the Bills cannot re-sign them (2) The player sucks and is ultimately rightfully waived and (3) The player is of marginal skill, realizing nobody else will pay them more to sign there come free agency, they re-sign with the Bills and we continue mediocrity. The bandwagon I am getting on now if the one championed by the likes of Pass The Pipe - nothing changes until the old man is no longer the owner of this organization...

who cares...

expecting the worst is the way to go so that when they lose you're not sad, depressed, disgusted or suicidal and when they play good and win you're happy. :)

Barbarian - but remember a scant 4 weeks ago when there was hope and things were so much better? Wasn't it a bit more of a joy ride and fun to follow? I have grown accustomed to expecting the worst, but the buzz of the first half of the season reminded me of what it was like to root for a winner. I was there for the best of times in the late 80's and 90's...but the past 10+ years had faded that feeling...the first half of this year was a reminder of much better times, that again, proved to be more of the smoke and mirrors kind resulting in the current malaise I suffer...

Take the time to get a hair cut....

Barbarian - but remember a scant 4 weeks ago when there was hope and things were so much better? Wasn't it a bit more of a joy ride and fun to follow? I have grown accustomed to expecting the worst, but the buzz of the first half of the season reminded me of what it was like to root for a winner. I was there for the best of times in the late 80's and 90's...but the past 10+ years had faded that feeling...the first half of this year was a reminder of much better times, that again, proved to be more of the smoke and mirrors kind resulting in the current malaise I suffer...

We hope you enjoyed your 5 games of buzziness. We now return you to your regularly scheduled malaise.

Take the time to get a hair cut....

While the game was one - took dogs to get nails cut, took kids to pick out birthday cake, picked up Christmas decorations for house, repaired a bathroom fan, repaired a kitchen faucet....then had nothing left to do but watch the damn game....

We hope you enjoyed your 5 games of buzziness. We now return you to your regularly scheduled malaise.

:thumbsup: Like clockwork....

While the game was one - took dogs to get nails cut, took kids to pick out birthday cake, picked up Christmas decorations for house, repaired a bathroom fan, repaired a kitchen faucet....then had nothing left to do but watch the damn game....

Didn't miss a minute of it myself. Guess I'm just one of those Bills fans....

Root for them as best as possible now, but don't expect them to do operate like any other professional football organization until Ralph is "no longer in the picture". Again, not trying to be one of those guys who wishes death upon a person just because of sports, that's immature.

But that's the truth. I wish, like everyone else, that he would just sell the team already but that's not going to happen.

His passing will be a bitter sweet day for Bills fans that's for sure. I know we'll all thank him for bringing the team here in the first place and keeping them here 51 years later. But the idea of a new owner in the near future is both exciting and terrifying at the same time.

But until then, the Bills will be the Bills. The team who hasn't gone to the playoffs 12 years. The team that has accounted for more first round busts than any other sports franchise known to man. And although that doesn't necessarily account for the amazing amount of crazy, heart breaking, freakish losses we've had over the years, I'm almost certain the lack of talent has something to do with it. And that indifference to winning starts from the top and works its way down.

I don't know, just my two cents.

Well I was there in the 70s + 80s when they mostly sucked, so you learn to be up when their up and compartmentalize the pain in the deep recesses of you're mind when they lose.

Chan reminds me of Chuck Knox; a pretty good coach but can't get to the top and Fitz is Fergy who is good but inconsistent and now we need to draft Jim Kelly and get Marv(Ryan Tannehill and Nick Saban; second time is a charm) before we start winning again.

This Season has been compared to 08 but it's more like 03 when Bledsoe tore it up in the first half of the season and then teams figured us out and it was all over.