McKelvin

jcbillsfan

Thinking before they trade McKelvin for a 5th round pick , it might be a good idea to try him at free safety. I know they have bryd but still worth to see what he can go , He is athletic and tackles fairly well . Bryd, wilson, searcy, mckelvin as safties next year.

If McKelvin displayed any instincts for the game, I'd agree. A free safety needs that more than anything else. He just looks clueless and hopeless out there. And it seems to be weighing on him which is another thing he doesn't seem to possess; the ability to forget the last play.

GO BILLS!!!

He was awesome on special teams today. Can't say he's not trying.

Agreed. Was quite impressed with him on special teams today. Not what you want from a first round pick but that's a sunk cost. Use him for what he's good at for now. Hope his injury isn't serious.

McKelvin is often times in position to make a play, he just has ZERO ball skills. He's a liability out there as we saw a few weeks ago. I don't think the answer is to try him at Free Safety especially when we have a decent FS in Byrd. It's going to be time to move on from yet another botched #1 draft pick

At some point, we need to get some production from our first-round pics . . .

Amen to that. I get sick of hearing about guys need to develop, constantly need more time, we should be patient. This isnt the CBA. There are teams in the NFL who actually expect 1st, 2nd and 3rd years guys to actually make plays and produce

I thought he looked pretty good on specs today, before trading him I'd make him a 4th CB and let him contribute there.

A disappointment based on his high draft, but I agree completely. This is part of the "depth" idea that people keep going on and on about. Keep him for special teams and depth. Don't dump him and have to go get somebody else to do what he can already do. If he demands ridiculous money when his contract runs out then you have to make a tough decision, but in the meantime, keep him.