Stevie Johnson Stock Dropping.....

BuffaloWest

What the Bills really lack is a #1 QB. Those top rated guys have top rated QBs. We have F$tzmagical. A low end stop gap until we draft and prepare the next guy. Even when he is on his passes are all above the receivers. I'm surprised he hasn't got SJ killed. I say pay SJ money. He will be good and consistent when healthy. I dont see Jackson getting an extension this year. I know you guys are all like yeah pay the guy, but the facts are he has come about at the wrong time. He is at an age when RBs are in decline. Why pay him this year when he is still under contract for another year and he may lose gas next year. He might not, but his time is numbered in the NFL. The Bills will be lucky to get another 3-4 years out of him. Spiller is another Bush. The damn Troupe thing is ridiculous. If teams had crystal balls that told them how good a player will be, there would be no bad picks. J.Russell would have started out in Arena Football and T. Brady would have been drafted in the first round. They did the pick on need and who they thought was a good choice at the time. I also hate the fact that F$tzpatrick got all that money. His agent and him pulled the Harvard brains out and figured they better get it done now, because they new his magical season wouldnt last. Look at his end of the game talks. "uh....we suck". It was terrible to give him that contract, but the fact is F$tz had the Bills around his finger. They thought they found a diamond in the rough and polished it enough. It was also terrible to sign B.Smith to do what? Gailey Gadget plays. Com on man! If you are gonna line him up as a QB, at least be unpredictable by letting him throw every once in awhile. Overall the Bills are better then we all thought they would be. We all said we will have Luck. Well to win 5 games and look pretty good during the first half of the season is great. Unfortunately, to get completely blown out by a confused Jets team, Oh-No Romo and miserable Miami is depressing. And I wouldn't be surprised if Tebow throws for 22/30 300 yards and 4 TD against the DEF. (I hope not) I do like bringing up Aiken and signing Hagen. Maybe they can add that spark to the offense that has been missing.

Edited by Kachy

You can clone Jerry Rice if you want to. As long a s Fitztragic is our signal caller, our receivers will continue to underachieve. BTW, Many of you on this board led the charge to franchise this fraud. This outcome is exactly what you deserve.

Never read so much kneejerk simplicity in so short a thread before. Congrats.

None of you were calling Johnson a "fraud" last year when the guy caught 80 balls. Of course now it's in vogue to trash the guy playing hurt.

Once, just once, try posting while sober.

I agree with everything said. The troupe pick is getting more painful as Gronkowski gets better and better. I've all but given up on troupe. Never seen the guy do anything productive on the field. Ever.

It's how it works If you get drafted by Buffalo, just half ass it until a real team like the New Jersey Jests comes along and THEN you try hard

But don't forget that Rob is who he is today because they also have the best QB in the league. After all you need to have some one throw the ball accurately.

Having Brady certainly does help but this guy is just a mismatch nightmare for any defense. You put a linebacker on him & he runs right by him. Put a db on him & he is too physical for them to deal with. The Bills really blew it by taking troupe over him. Too bad too, it would of been a great story.

Never read so much kneejerk simplicity in so short a thread before. Congrats.

None of you were calling Johnson a "fraud" last year when the guy caught 80 balls. Of course now it's in vogue to trash the guy playing hurt.

Once, just once, try posting while sober.

It is really sad, isn't it? Imagine if one of the players is reading one of these gems.

Dont sign this guy as a #1-He isnt worth $9-$10 million a year, maybe $6 Million...

I like him-he just isnt a top tier guy. Great #2 though.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingYards/year/2011/seasontype/2

I happen to agree with this part of your post. And now may be a very good time to sign him if at that price point.

Stevie Johnson's stock continues to drop.

He has fallen behind second and third receivers in the league.

He is currently ranked at #33-NO BUENO.

Yes the team sucks, line, QB etc, but there are players on worse teams that rank higher.

Dont sign this guy as a #1-He isnt worth $9-$10 million a year, maybe $6 Million...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingYards/year/2011/seasontype/2

Fred is still solid as #3 running back in league-PAY THIS GUY....Not Johnson.

ALSO-Why on earth didnt the Bills sign Gronkowski-The guy is a beast, hometown kid-He would have been the face of the franchise...but we take Torrel Troup-someone nobody ever even heard of. He's a bust after one and a half season.

Nice going Nix!

I fully support all the points in this post. While I like Stevie, I never thought he was as good as the hype last year. Without another good WR on the team, he doesn't have the size, speed, or skill to get through the double coverage he faces on every play. Plus he has pretty bad hands, always has. He is a decent player, but no super start. I bet he's missing Evans right now...

While I was fine with the Evans trade, I was really surprised the Bills didn't attempt bolster their receiving core. Lloyd to the Rams for a 6th really pissed me off. Hoping that the offense could succeed on the backs of Parish, Jones, and Nelson was pretty Naive on Nix's/Gailey's part. I was kind of surprised when Gailey said before the draft that he didn't think the Bills needed to look at WR's. Jones? Really? I mean come on...

I despised the Troup pick, and the guy still looks awful. I'm sure people will still line up to defend him, but he hasn't shown even a hint of talent. As a matter of fact I think McCargo looked better than him, you would at least on occasion see him in on a play. Troup just disappears.

I happen to agree with this part of your post. And now may be a very good time to sign him if at that price point.

Also an excellent point. While I think SJ is more average than great, we still do need him. To say he is our best receiver on the team is an understatement, he is practically the only receiver on the team...Spiller is our number 2...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Stevie Johnson's stock continues to drop.

He has fallen behind second and third receivers in the league.

He is currently ranked at #33-NO BUENO.

Yes the team sucks, line, QB etc, but there are players on worse teams that rank higher.

Fred is still solid as #3 running back in league-PAY THIS GUY....Not Johnson.

ALSO-Why on earth didnt the Bills sign Gronkowski-The guy is a beast, hometown kid-He would have been the face of the franchise...but we take Torrel Troup-someone nobody ever even heard of. He's a bust after one and a half season.

Nice going Nix!

They didn't sign Gronkowski because the Patriots drafted him. Stevie Johnson has never been a #1 reciever, the Bills just don't want to pay a true #1, so they put a 7th round pick in there making peanuts compared to most NFL players.

If you are Buddy Nix (or the Buffalo Bills) and you do not sign Steve Johnson to a multi-year deal, you are an idiot. Johnson is better than Michael Crabtree (remember him/2009 draft) and one of the top #2 receivers in the NFL. Pair him with a legitimate # 1 (and a good passer) and you probably get a hybrid # 1-2 in terms of performance. Plus you need to send a message to the guys on your roster and to FAs. He's a Bill. He needs to stay a Bill. He needs to get paid.