Big news for the single guys here....

Just Jack

As with most things pop culture, I am agreeing with you again. Man, I hate Jim Carrey.

Jeez, I can't stand him...I have been told by a few people "yeah, but you have to see "Eternal Sunshine". I have been told I will love that movie...but I just can't...I think he is one of the least funny "hilarious people" out there....if you ever saw the series finale of "Larry Sanders" (my favorite comedy show of all-time), Sanders can't stand him either, but has him on his last show, because he is sure to draw ratings...it is a perfect bit...he comes on and goes crazy, over the top, typical Jim Carrey schtick...I do give him (Carrey) credit for doing the show, cuz what the Sanders character says about him, is what everyone who hates him would say...

Jeez, I can't stand him...I have been told by a few people "yeah, but you have to see "Eternal Sunshine". I have been told I will love that movie...but I just can't...I think he is one of the least funny "hilarious people" out there....if you ever saw the series finale of "Larry Sanders" (my favorite comedy show of all-time), Sanders can't stand him either, but has him on his last show, because he is sure to draw ratings...it is a perfect bit...he comes on and goes crazy, over the top, typical Jim Carrey schtick...I do give him (Carrey) credit for doing the show, cuz what the Sanders character says about him, is what everyone who hates him would say...

They should have a World Championship of UnFunny. The Jim Carey - Will Ferrell title bout would be something.

I have good news for you. The Larry Sanders show is still on HBO. It took a few seasons off but I think it is back now.

They should have a World Championship of UnFunny. The Jim Carey - Will Ferrell title bout would be something.

Another great call! Not too long ago, I was watching the last season of "The Office" on DVD (always a season behind!) and when it looked like Will Ferrell was going to take over for Steve Carrel, I started to think I wouldn't watch the show anymore...I did get a few chuckles out of his GW impression over the years (that HBO special was bad though), but I just don't find him very funny at all...though I think Carrey would mop the floor with him, in this title bout that you suggest! :P

I have good news for you. The Larry Sanders show is still on HBO. It took a few seasons off but I think it is back now.

I will not engage you crayonz... :devil:

Ferrell was hilarious in The Producers. Probably because his "don't be funny, just be over the top" style of failing to be funny rather fit the premise of the movie.

On the other hand, one of the funniest movies I've ever seen - Wedding Crashers - was completely ruined for me the moment he started yelling for meatloaf...which I suppose was meant to be funny, but I've never quite figured out why or how.

Ferrell was hilarious in The Producers. Probably because his "don't be funny, just be over the top" style of failing to be funny rather fit the premise of the movie...

...and the premise of the character specifically. When you're dealing with a Hitler worshiping carrier pigeon keeper, there's little room for subtlety. :D

Ferrell's a funny guy, but better in small doses. Carrey just makes funny faces. Ferrel > Carrey. If we're looking for an Unfunny Battle Royale of popular comedians, I'd pit Carrey against Dane Cook. Or how about "Larry the Cable Guy"? :wallbash:

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

...and the premise of the character specifically. When you're dealing with a Hitler worshiping carrier pigeon keeper, there's little room for subtlety. :D

Ferrell's a funny guy, but better in small doses. Carrey just makes funny faces. Ferrel > Carrey. If we're looking for an Unfunny Battle Royale of popular comedians, I'd pit Carrey against Dane Cook. Or how about "Larry the Cable Guy"? :wallbash:

"Dane Cook?" (thunderous applause and uncontrollable, over the top laughter)