NYT on the Bills - Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

dave mcbride

A good piece that accurately portrays what it is like to be a Bills fan outside of WNY...and let's face it, it is quite over.

Yeah, it's over. Crap. Both the Pirates and Bills did this to me. At least Crosby came back last night and Syracuse Basketball is looking good.

At the start of the season my hope was that the team showed some improvement and that come December they were still alive for the play-offs so at least some of the final games could mean something.

After the hot start I was definitely thinking higher but now that reality is starting to set in I can't really complain. The team has shown a lot of improvement, when healthy, and even with a loss to the Jets this Sunday there still will be a mathematical chance to get into postseason even if it is only a very small one.

I know for most teams it is a pretty low bar to set but as a Bills fans you have to keep some of your high hopes in check to avoid serious disappointment every year.

Yeah, it's over. Crap. Both the Pirates and Bills did this to me. At least Crosby came back last night and Syracuse Basketball is looking good.

I don't know about Crosby, when you have concussion-like symptoms for that long, it has to be a career shortening thing. I wouldn't be surprised to see him out again when the NHL lifts the moratorium on hitting him.