I Want The 4-3 Defense Back

H2o

The 3-4 was working so well for many other teams, people were clamoring for the 3-4, and now we see how it has worked out. It's time to make Wannstedt Defensive Coordiantor and go forward with a 4-3 Defense. We already have the makings of an excellent interior line with quality depth in Williams, Dareus, Edwards, Carrington, and Johnson. Barnett and Shep could be two of the starters @ LB with Batten/Moats as depth and Kelsay is a servicable LDE. The defensive end positions would need to be addressed for depth and atleast one starter. IMO, Merriman is done. The toll the steroids have taken on his body have left him fragile and he's clearly not the same player without them. We have to get a couple of guys who can pressure the QB. Williams and Dareus would be able to get more than enough pressure from the middle. But if we add a couple of guys who can come off the edge, our defense will be top 10 or better. The 4-3 defense would suit our personnel the best and it would allow Williams and Dareus to be in more natural, disruptive positions on the field. I like a 3-4 defense just the same, but it's not working out for us and even after 2 years the holes are gaping.

I look for Wannstedt to be named DC at seasons end. I had to stop watching that pitful game yesterday as I had enough. However the Bills were playing a lot of 4-3 anyway. Chan is going to have to make changes to save his hide at the end of the season. Edwards is the obvious choice to go.

The Bills seem to have players that can play multiple positions. Why stick with a 3-4 or 4-3? I like the flexibility of switching between them, but without a NT, the 4-3 is the way to mostly go (and our lack of LBs). We need help with the pass rush obviously, but I like our interior. I agree that Wannstadt should be D.C.

When Chan or Buddy use the word "hybrid" to describe the Bills defense, they're not referring to any semblance of the 3-4 or 4-3. The last four games the Bills have run a 5-2. That's a new defense all it's own. Kelsay, Carrington, Dareus, Edwards, and Spencer Johnson are all defensive lineman with Speppard and Barnett as LBs.

Buddy said we get bigger and he was right. I don't think he mentioned being good though. If he did, that would be a huge lie.

One thing I would add here......while it does seem that the bills cant decide what they want to do as far as scheme.....we are missing that legit DE pass rusher that 4-3's have.....in all honesty I wonder what Aaron Schrobel would look like on this line now:

Schrobel - DE

Darius - DT

Willaims - DT

Kelsay - DE

Instead of being our BEST player right now Kelsay would actually be our worst....now THAT is a line that would get pressure

I vote we go back to the 4-3....and find another Schrobel clone.

One thing I would add here......while it does seem that the bills cant decide what they want to do as far as scheme.....we are missing that legit DE pass rusher that 4-3's have.....in all honesty I wonder what Aaron Schrobel would look like on this line now:

Schrobel - DE

Darius - DT

Willaims - DT

Kelsay - DE

Instead of being our BEST player right now Kelsay would actually be our worst....now THAT is a line that would get pressure

I vote we go back to the 4-3....and find another Schrobel clone.

Good thing is we spent a lot of time in the 4-3 yesterday. I hope this means 2 things. The stache is taking more control of the D, and we are going back to a 4-3.

Dareus and Williams ion the insde being able to attack. . . :worthy:

Good thing is we spent a lot of time in the 4-3 yesterday. I hope this means 2 things. The stache is taking more control of the D, and we are going back to a 4-3.

Dareus and Williams ion the insde being able to attack. . . :worthy:

If thats happened (I have been arguing that he has had a say all along), then we are in more trouble then most think because there wasn't a difference at all in the D yesterday from almost any other week.

If the Bills offence would start scoring points when they have the ball instead of always going 3 and out, the defence wouldn't look so bad. But right now, like previous years, the Bills defence needs shutouts weekly just to give the team a chance to win. Scoring under 10 points a game in the last 3 games, it doesn't matter what the defence does, it won't cut it