Why won't Ralph sell the team?

Mr. WEO

I think this point has been rehashed a few thousand times. Wilson could have made a boat load of money by selling the team. But he would not make more money in another market by moving the team. Buffalo is the perfect place for him because he makes a consistent $30 million profit by delivering a consistently mediocre product and still gets sainted by the fan base.

Bingo.

Tim Graham had an opinion pice about this last year when he was still at ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/34608/ralph-wilson-sale

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ralph has a big ego.would you want to sell the team and then hear all the rumours of how much of a ass you were.

after ralph is gone you will hear all the stories on how he cut corners to save a little more money.

Ya Ralph & Al Davis are like twins i mean look at the way Ralph use to come out to every practice & make the coaches all nervous Hey i never thought of it but he's closer to Jerry Jones actually than i thought thanks for opening my eyes !!! :blink:

WHAT EVER -- RALPH HAS A EGO O.K. :doh:

I think this point has been rehashed a few thousand times. Wilson could have made a boat load of money by selling the team. But he would not make more money in another market by moving the team. Buffalo is the perfect place for him because he makes a consistent $30 million profit by delivering a consistently mediocre product and still gets sainted by the fan base.

He could have made a ton more money anywhere else (again, except Jax), and made more money selling the team because of the better market. And fans in those other (expansion) cities would have considered him a saint for bringing football (back) to them.

Hey Yousuck,

Yes, it's his, his, his and you're right, you can't have it...!!! And yes he wants to make as much as he can before he dies!! Don't like it? Get a life. You guys are clowns if you get mad at Ralph for running his business the way he wants.Sounds like the guy is making a ton of cash(thats the goal of any company). Free enterprise, you can always root for aonther team.

:lol:

sorry dope... but the fact that we wish for an owner that gives a rats ass about results on the field doesn't make us any less of a fan. and you're right in a later post, we don't know what he's thinking. and conversely, neither do you. and obviously, any business is "in it for the money". duh... thanks captain obvious

He could have made a ton more money anywhere else (again, except Jax), and made more money selling the team because of the better market. And fans in those other (expansion) cities would have considered him a saint for bringing football (back) to them.

Ok, then what hypothetical market are you talking about? Name a market that will give Wilson a free stadium deal and which city will accept a consistently middling roster, where the fans will pay good money to see a team hoping to be 7-9?

In a real world, that market doesn't exist. Which is why Ralph Wilson, Jeff Littman & Jim Overdorf LOVE Buffalo.