What's the excuse for being physically manhandled

zow2

I mean this is the NFL. It's a league of all big tough guys yet the Bills are getting embarrasingly manhandled every week? How is this happening? This can't be all coaching or lack of motivation. I used to hate when the Bills took DB's high in the draft but wow, we need some tough hitters back there. Just look at the hits laid on our WR's by Dallas, Miami and Jets DB's. Then i see a Tweet by Aaron Williams and he's "Ha ha'ing" after that game saying, jeez, that sucked. Well DO SOMETHING about it! Hit someone...HARD!

The reason is a lack of accountability that permeates the entire organization. No one is lighting a fire under these players' a$$es to lay it all on the line. The owner won't pay for depth because it doesn't help sell season tickets in July and August, and he really doesn't care what happens after the first month of the season, anyhow. The players know that.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

The reason is a lack of accountability that permeates the entire organization. No one is lighting a fire under these players' a$$es to lay it all on the line. The owner won't pay for depth because it doesn't help sell season tickets in July and August, and he really doesn't care what happens after the first month of the season, anyhow. The players know that.

Yeah that's it. They're a bunch of pussies because Ralph is cheap. The fact is that this team needs to man up and they haven't done it. They are getting beat up because they are allowing it to happen. That said, at least three of those hits yesterday were illegal and only one was called, but still, they have been getting pushed around because they are letting it happen. Time to grow a pair or just stay home.

Because the team is all late round draft picks and UDFAs... When we used our 'smoke and mirrors' the first half of the season it made us a 'feel-good' story. Now it is completely obvious why these guys were taken where they were. We are slower, softer and less skilled than our opponents who have top draft picks as starters.

Well Chan has mentioned in every Monday press conference that his team needs to play more physical...yet they either don't listen or are incapable of performing at that level. I'd love to see this team constructed like a rugged old style NFC type team. Just concentrate every pick and signing on getting bigger and tougher on defense. At least that can hold you in games while you piece together an offense. This years 49ers have a good D and mediocre O. We just cannot continue to get bullied around year after year..even with some injuries along the way.

I think there are two main reasons for getting manhandled: not enough talent and not enough character.

If the other guy is better than you, there's only so much you can do and you just chalk it up. But there is NEVER an excuse for quitting like we have in the last two games.

This is what Marve meant when he said he wanted players with character. He was always referring to "football" character, not choir boy personalities. Guys who knew how to pay the price to prepare, practice, and play in the games. Guys who know how to handle the adversity and guys who know how to handle success.

There is no coach that can "light a fire" under anybody's ass. No locker room Knute Rockne, win one for the Gipper speech to provide motivation. That doesn't exist, especially in pro sports. It has to come from the players as individuals. If they don't have that in them all the talent in the world won't compensate. It's that much worse when they aren't that talented in the first place.

GO BILLS!!!