MY thoughts

buffalo_bills

Just random thoughts, in no particular order:

1) Today was probably one of the most horrid games i have seen from ANY Bills team. Hell, we couldn't even snap the ball properly, there were multiple botched handoffs, interceptions, couldn't convert any third downs, it was just an overall unwatchable game from Bills fans perspective

2) A few positives from today: Scott Chandler and the defense overall. First off, Chandler was the only player on this offensive unit that came to play today, he made a few very nice catches and led the team in receiving.

Say what you want, the defense played fairly well today. Miami only had around 250 yards on offense. The offense put the defense in a very tough position a couple times, I only blame the D for two touchdowns where the Fins had nice drives going. Otherwise I though defensively it was a vast improvement from last week against Dallas.

3) Also, it seems Kelvin Sheppard knows what he's doing. He'll be a very solid player for years to come for this Bills squad.

4) Hairston played terrible, D.BELL should be back next week, which is good news for the o-line.

5) Brandon Marshall- 1 catch, 5 yds. Another positive that could be taken from this atrocious game.

Overall, next week is our LAST chance to save this season. Remember Bills fans, this is the SAME TEAM which we saw earlier in the year who dominated offensively. I don't know whats happened lately, but if we can somehow, someway come up with a win next week, we can turn this ship around. Of course, playing like this, i'm not sure if we'll win another game this year. The key is figuring out what's the problem, and fix it fast! The Jets started our downfall, now we have a chance to end our losing streak against the team which started it.

Im not expecting a win next week, as many aren't, so let's just see what happens, the NFL is a very up and down league. GO BILLS!

Sorry, it's not the same team we saw earlier. We have, what? 12 guys on IR? Maybe F. Jackson doesn't play next week, either. We were thin to start the season and now we are down to practice squad guys. I hope they make it a game next week, but there is no reason to think the outcome will differ from the last 3 weeks. The score may be higher with McGee out again. It's really disappointing to have such a high number of injuries again. The rest of the league is dealing with this too, but we just have no depth. It's going to take at least 2 more good drafts, maybe 3, to fix a decade of crappy drafting.

I'm not ready to throw Gailey under the bus yet - Lombardi couldn't win with this team - but he has to show some imagination to get the offense going again, because the defense is not going stop giving up huge numbers.

This is a team that refuses to compete in Free agency, looks for GMs and coaches they can get on the cheap, says they want to build through the draft but for the most part can't draft as well as a fan with a couple draft guides could especially in rounds 1-3 (except for this last draft), do not retain their better Free agents, cut players who salaries outstrip performance but never use the savings to improve the team, and because they have so few stars end up paying more for mediocre players.

2) A few positives from today: Scott Chandler and the defense overall. First off, Chandler was the only player on this offensive unit that came to play today, he made a few very nice catches and led the team in receiving.

Say what you want, the defense played fairly well today. Miami only had around 250 yards on offense. The offense put the defense in a very tough position a couple times, I only blame the D for two touchdowns where the Fins had nice drives going. Otherwise I though defensively it was a vast improvement from last week against Dallas.

I agree, Chandler was one of a few bright spots.

I guess I'm a little puzzled why so many seem willing to excuse the Bills D, or to see them as playing "OK"?

As Bills fans, we need to raise the bar on expectations for defense:

-The D put the O in very tough position by letting Miami jump out to a 14-3 lead, before any ints or miscues by the O.

Good D gets stops when their O goes 3-and-out, so that the O can try again without getting "tight" and "trying too hard".

-The D gave up 4 TD, and allowed 41% 3rd down conversions. We allowed them 100% red zone efficiency. That is not good D.

If that was a vast improvement from last week against Dallas, it's only because the bar in Dallas was set so very low.

Just random thoughts, in no particular order:

1) Today was probably one of the most horrid games i have seen from ANY Bills team. Hell, we couldn't even snap the ball properly, there were multiple botched handoffs, interceptions, couldn't convert any third downs, it was just an overall unwatchable game from Bills fans perspective

3) Also, it seems Kelvin Sheppard knows what he's doing. He'll be a very solid player for years to come for this Bills squad.

4) Hairston played terrible, D.BELL should be back next week, which is good news for the o-line.

5) Brandon Marshall- 1 catch, 5 yds. Another positive that could be taken from this atrocious game.

Overall, next week is our LAST chance to save this season. Remember Bills fans, this is the SAME TEAM which we saw earlier in the year who dominated offensively. I don't know whats happened lately, but if we can somehow, someway come up with a win next week, we can turn this ship around. Of course, playing like this, i'm not sure if we'll win another game this year. The key is figuring out what's the problem, and fix it fast! The Jets started our downfall, now we have a chance to end our losing streak against the team which started it.

Im not expecting a win next week, as many aren't, so let's just see what happens, the NFL is a very up and down league. GO BILLS!

I am tired of hearing that the defense played good.

They gave up three TDs in less than 15 minutes. Long drives and miserable third down performace. No pressure on the QB. Game over.

This great defense kept the ball out of Freddy Jackson's hands for the third straight week.

They played a lousy team and made them look great, what game did you watch?