Nail, Meet Coffin

BuffaloBaumer

Wow, I NEVER thought this team could collapse so rapidly and prove to have even more holes than before the season started. Will this organization EVER field a team that can play a meaningful game in December at least?

No defense - check

No depth on lines - check

No DBs - check

Starting QB that would be # 2 on 75% of other teams - check

Coaches who can't adjust - check

At least they have Freddy!

Wow, I NEVER thought this team could collapse so rapidly and prove to have even more holes than before the season started. Will this organization EVER field a team that can play a meaningful game in December at least?

No defense - check

No depth on lines - check

No DBs - check

Starting QB that would be # 2 on 75% of other teams - check

Coaches who can't adjust - check

At least they have Freddy!

You forgot no WRs, no pass rush, and no chance at stopping the run.

What did you mean by "Me, Meet Fool Me Once........"

I thought this was going to refer to how we got fooled in '08 and now we did again this year. Something like 85% of all teams since they went to 12 playoff teams make it if they go 4-1. I wonder what the odds are of it happening twice in four seasons and not going either time.

I was willing to let the Jets game go...as I thought the Jets were gelling and on their way to being really good. Then Denver beat them and we now realize, the Cowboys, the Dolphins and now I think any team in the league is going to throttle the Bills as they are now constructed. Yes we are injury riddled, but we really are a team with little or no elite talent. We do have a couple of building blocks, but Jesus....getting B' slapped by the Dolphins is beyond pathetic. I think it is time for the DC to go. The three and outs on Offense are insulting to fans. This is really not fun.

I was willing to let the Jets game go...as I thought the Jets were gelling and on their way to being really good. Then Denver beat them and we now realize, the Cowboys, the Dolphins and now I think any team in the league is going to throttle the Bills as they are now constructed. Yes we are injury riddled, but we really are a team with little or no elite talent. We do have a couple of building blocks, but Jesus....getting B' slapped by the Dolphins is beyond pathetic. I think it is time for the DC to go. The three and outs on Offense are insulting to fans. This is really not fun.

This is why our start was making no sense to me, but I was hoping it was true. I kept saying that Detroit is more legit than us because they have three elite studs from their last 3 or so drafts........Dareus may turn into one for us, but so far we have no beasts on this team to build around. If Freddy was younger, I'd say he was one to build around.

What did you mean by "Me, Meet Fool Me Once........"

I thought this was going to refer to how we got fooled in '08 and now we did again this year. Something like 85% of all teams since they went to 12 playoff teams make it if they go 4-1. I wonder what the odds are of it happening twice in four seasons and not going either time.

That is exactly what I meant...

That is exactly what I meant...

Got it. I was very skeptical this time, mainly because of the way our D couldn't stop anybody and we were relying on turnovers......And, then the Redskins game happened and I friggin bought in finally that we were pretty good. Our two losses were very close to good teams, we hadn't got thoroughly beep by anybody, etc.....Snap!

I don't think it's just the talent level per se, Green. After going 0-8 last year, pretty much the same level of talent pulled together and decided to man up and get scrappy, and we became competitive.

The reasons any team in the NFL could throttle the Bills right now are 3-fold:

1. The offense and defense are totally predictable, the game tape is out, and our coaches are failing to make adjustments.

The fact that Chan, in his post-game presser, says he has no idea why we could execute earlier in the season, but can't now, speaks volumes

2.The players aren't scrapping. They aren't hitting hard. They're getting pushed back on both sides of the lines. They play like they're "phoning it in"

Why? Is it the loss of key players who were locker room leaders/motivators (Merriman? Williams? Wood?)

3. Execution - separate from "not scrapping", the players are dropping balls, being faked out on D, Fitz throwing over people's heads. I can't tell whether this is lack of preparation during the week, lack of focus during the game, or both

It's not 3-and-outs alone, folks. I went through the Pats annihilation of the Jets a few weeks ago, and there were plenty of 3 and outs. Three differences: the Pats brought along a D that got them the ball back promptly after each 3 and out, there weren't bonehead mistakes like balls bouncing off receivers hands to become interceptions, and there were effective in-game adjustments to the playcalling.