Hopeful's Thoughts on Today's Game

1. I can't watch horror flicks in their entirety. I couldn't watch the Bills game in its entirety today. Can someone explain the difference between a horror flick and today's game?

2. This is a team loss. Not a D loss. Not an O loss. Not on Fitz. I can't think of one aspect of the game where the Bilils didn't S-U-C-K SUCK.

3. Whoever decided Levitre would work as the backup center, needs to reconsider their decision-making strategy

4. Don't underestimate the importance of a good OL to a QB. We are now playing 2nd string on 3/5 of our offensive line (LT, LG, C). I can remember watching Kelly when Kent Hull was injured and thinking "who is that guy wearing the #12 uniform today?". I'm not saying Fitz is playing well the last 3 weeks, I'm saying correlating his poor play of the last 3 games to his new contract, when there's equally a correlation to injuries stacking up on the OL, is a football-ignorant.

5. I don't mind us losing. I didn't expect the Bills to be playoff-bound this year. But what's happened to the scrappy, hard-hitting never-quit team we saw at the end of last season and the start of this season? Where did they go?

6. CJ Spiller needs to decide what he wants to do with his life. If the answer is "play NFL football" he needs to put his head, heart, legs, and mind into it.

7. If Stevie Johnson wants to be a legit #1 receiver, he needs to focus on football.

Stevie: if you're tweetin' your rapboy friends and clubbin' while your opponents are watching film, who has the advantage on Sunday?

8. Chan: The Buck Stops with you. Edwards is your hire. Modkins is your hire. The game plans are yours to approve or change. You need to plan for the players you've got.

9. Would we be better off if our defense stayed home? There is not one aspect of the defensive game that seemed positive to me. Not the scheme, not the line play, not the LB, not the DB

10. And Special Teams contributed their own unique brand of suck. Ruvell Martin penalty? A blocked punt? A blocked PUNT? C'mon man!

Could some kindly donor send a case of 53 starched jocks to TBD this week?

My thoughts are that...

1. Marcell Dareus sucks. People say that Spiller doesn't want to play, well Darues looks the same exact way. Newton = star, Miller = star, Dareus = another lazy a** bust.

2. We need a pass rusher very very badly. It's the number one need for this team.

3. Would it have killed Fitz and Levitre to practice snaps on the sideline???? Those snaps were ridiculous.

4. Looks to me like the players have lost complete faith in the coaches. When you're not sure of what you're doing, that's when you get rocked, jacked and rung up like the Bills got all day long by a bad Dolphin team.

1. I can't watch horror flicks in their entirety. I couldn't watch the Bills game in its entirety today. Can someone explain the difference between a horror flick and today's game? ...

The difference is that a horror flick is only a movie, a piece of fiction. Whereas the Bills are very real. Very real indeed.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

GO BILLS!!!

nice post Hopeful, all very accurate

my only addition is to number 10, also a STUPID Corey MacIntyre penalty too, looked like just pure frustration on his part, but stupid none the less

Bills went from that scrapp, hard fighting team to a team that thought their **** didnt stink and as you pointed out, got to concerned with Twitter, T-shirt making and finding their girlfriends on the sideline (and the defense has sucked since forever, the TOs early on this season masked the "same ole crappy D")

My thoughts are that...

1. Marcell Dareus sucks. People say that Spiller doesn't want to play, well Darues looks the same exact way. Newton = star, Miller = star, Dareus = another lazy a** bust.

2. We need a pass rusher very very badly. It's the number one need for this team.

3. Would it have killed Fitz and Levitre to practice snaps on the sideline???? Those snaps were ridiculous.

4. Looks to me like the players have lost complete faith in the coaches. When you're not sure of what you're doing, that's when you get rocked, jacked and rung up like the Bills got all day long by a bad Dolphin team.

Dareus does not suck. 1. He's better fit for a 4-3 DT rather than a 3-4 NT.

2. It is also not his fault that the two DE's next to him and the two OLB currently starting would be back ups at best on other teams.

3. And thirdly, the pass rush cannot be pinned on a NT. Not only are they typically being triple teamed on a passing down, but he does not have the build of a pass rusher. Instead, he's built like a run stopping interior lineman, as he should be.

Edited by bills1960

How does a team that is this bad turn it around? Injuries mounting. Lost confidence. Dropped passes. Overmatched coaches. Mediocre talent even when healthy. Soon to be eliminated from any possible playoff scenarios. How do you convince a team to keep trying and look for a spark? Will the rest of the season be losses by 30 points? I am curious to see this season play out. Kind of like a horror movie, you know every kid in that house will be dead and covered with blood before the movie is over, but you keep watching anyway.

1. I can't watch horror flicks in their entirety. I couldn't watch the Bills game in its entirety today. Can someone explain the difference between a horror flick and today's game?

2. This is a team loss. Not a D loss. Not an O loss. Not on Fitz. I can't think of one aspect of the game where the Bilils didn't S-U-C-K SUCK.

3. Whoever decided Levitre would work as the backup center, needs to reconsider their decision-making strategy

4. Don't underestimate the importance of a good OL to a QB. We are now playing 2nd string on 3/5 of our offensive line (LT, LG, C). I can remember watching Kelly when Kent Hull was injured and thinking "who is that guy wearing the #12 uniform today?". I'm not saying Fitz is playing well the last 3 weeks, I'm saying correlating his poor play of the last 3 games to his new contract, when there's equally a correlation to injuries stacking up on the OL, is a football-ignorant.

5. I don't mind us losing. I didn't expect the Bills to be playoff-bound this year. But what's happened to the scrappy, hard-hitting never-quit team we saw at the end of last season and the start of this season? Where did they go?

6. CJ Spiller needs to decide what he wants to do with his life. If the answer is "play NFL football" he needs to put his head, heart, legs, and mind into it.

7. If Stevie Johnson wants to be a legit #1 receiver, he needs to focus on football.

Stevie: if you're tweetin' your rapboy friends and clubbin' while your opponents are watching film, who has the advantage on Sunday?

8. Chan: The Buck Stops with you. Edwards is your hire. Modkins is your hire. The game plans are yours to approve or change. You need to plan for the players you've got.

9. Would we be better off if our defense stayed home? There is not one aspect of the defensive game that seemed positive to me. Not the scheme, not the line play, not the LB, not the DB

10. And Special Teams contributed their own unique brand of suck. Ruvell Martin penalty? A blocked punt? A blocked PUNT? C'mon man!

Could some kindly donor send a case of 53 starched jocks to TBD this week?

I watched the whole debacle. A horror flick is fake. Unfortunately this game was not.

How does a team that is this bad turn it around? Injuries mounting. Lost confidence. Dropped passes. Overmatched coaches. Mediocre talent even when healthy. Soon to be eliminated from any possible playoff scenarios. How do you convince a team to keep trying and look for a spark? Will the rest of the season be losses by 30 points? I am curious to see this season play out. Kind of like a horror movie, you know every kid in that house will be dead and covered with blood before the movie is over, but you keep watching anyway.

PLAYOFFS....PLAYOFFS ...(in the voice of Jim Mora) this team will be lucky to finish 8-8, and the way they are currently playing they may end up 5-11

As Phill Simms pointed out this Bills team does things with smoke and mirrors, even Gailey admitted as much when Simms interviewed him. A finesse team that tries to fool other teams with their offensive scheme. Well, other teams have figured out what the Bills offense has been doing and is now shutting it down. Even if the team was completely healthy I doubt they win many games because of this.

I don't think anyone understands how much the loss of Eric Woods at center means to this team, even last year with Wood at guard the O line looked bad. It would be a struggle to make plays with Wood, without him they are really screwed.

The defense is in even worse shape then the offense, because now that the offense can't stay on the field and score. The D has to spend the majority of the time on the field and wear itself out. The defense is bad at making tackles, staying in their gaps, no discipline and bad coaching.

Change is coming....again

It will be interesting next week to see who plays. They will probably pull Aiken or Toone up from the practice squad at WR. Bell may be back at left tackle. Urbik will probably play center instead of Levitre. White and Spiller will probably get more touches since Fred is hurt (I sure hope not seriously hurt). New players, and I hope new plays.