Water does NOT prevent dehydration.....

The Poojer

I thought Euros were losing their minds until I read the very last part...

"He said: “The EU is saying that this does not reduce the risk of dehydration and that is correct.

“This claim is trying to imply that there is something special about bottled water which is not a reasonable claim.”

What they're trying to prevent is the water companies giving the impression that water products specifically and exclusively can prevent dehydration. They're saying you can also remain properly hydrated by drinking other products. Although when you really think about it, pop, iced tea, juices, shakes, etc all contain water, and it is the WATER component that is maintaining hydration, even though you're not drinking plain bottled water.

Don't these people have anything more important to spend their time and resources on?

A meeting of 21 scientists in Parma, Italy, concluded that reduced water content in the body was a symptom of dehydration and not something that drinking water could subsequently control.

Seriously? A symptom? That's like saying HIV is a symptom of AIDS, or a heart attack is a symptom of chest pain. What scientists are these?

Seriously? A symptom? That's like saying HIV is a symptom of AIDS, or a heart attack is a symptom of chest pain. What scientists are these?

Exactly. They took their explanation too far to where it was completely asinine.

I thought Euros were losing their minds until I read the very last part...

"He said: “The EU is saying that this does not reduce the risk of dehydration and that is correct.

“This claim is trying to imply that there is something special about bottled water which is not a reasonable claim.”

What they're trying to prevent is the water companies giving the impression that water products specifically and exclusively can prevent dehydration. They're saying you can also remain properly hydrated by drinking other products. Although when you really think about it, pop, iced tea, juices, shakes, etc all contain water, and it is the WATER component that is maintaining hydration, even though you're not drinking plain bottled water.

Don't these people have anything more important to spend their time and resources on?

Pop? Haven't heard that in years. Is that Like soda? God I miss WNY.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

EU officials concluded that, following a three-year investigation, there was no evidence to prove the previously undisputed fact.

I hope the investigation was held in Canada. That would explain the first two years and 362 days being used waiting for ice to melt so they could have three days to drink the water. How else could they spend three years on this?

BTW do you know when you'll realize that crap like this makes the west easy targets for terrorists that don't waste their time doing meaningless studies to prove their own stupidity?

When your head is rolling down a flight of stairs, that's when.

Edited by ieatcrayonz