Newt Has Surged To A Statistical Tie

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I didn't say it. I was just marveling that 1Billsfan thinks most woman in the country vote for president based on his relationship with his wife. Hell of a thing to base your choice of commander in chief on.

We are talking about women here. Assuming that they're rational, mature decision-makers is probably a mistake.

And then Levi realized that you could substitute "people" for "women" and the statement would still be accurate. And Levi was sad.

I was trying to appear outraged at sexism and you pop a cap at me. Geesh.

I calls 'em like I sees 'em.

Sometimes I feel as though the posts that are made at 3am are only seen by the people who are up at 3am (unless you're on arctic time, in which case it's what, 11:30 now?), so I can say whatever I want without consequence.

I calls 'em like I sees 'em.

Sometimes I feel as though the posts that are made at 3am are only seen by the people who are up at 3am (unless you're on arctic time, in which case it's what, 11:30 now?), so I can say whatever I want without consequence.

That would be Alaska time, not "arctic time". Since the sun goes east to west, we do not have a "north time" or a "south time". EST is weird. It's always late there.

You think I'm here to defend Newt? I was drawn to this discussion because of you some how, some way, believing that Palin is a good presidential candidate.

Her and Newt both are NOT appealing candidates for the general electorate. The only ones these two candidates appeal to are the hard righties. Newt is just the new flavor because well... Hes basically the only one left that isn't Romney.

So far, from my perspective, the most disappointing part of this process has been the potential primary voters. Its beyond me how any sane person who doesn't want Obama in the White house wouldn't be behind either Romney or Huntsmann. They are the only two candidate that would stand a decent chance in beating Obama.

That's alright,select idealogical purity, and we'll surely re elect President incompetent again.

Not only good, I think Palin would make a great president.

Romney and Huntsman are literally like wall paper to me. There's not one thing I can find that's commanding or compelling about them.

Not only good, I think Palin would make a great president.

Romney and Huntsman are literally like wall paper to me. There's not one thing I can find that's commanding or compelling about them.

Being compelling doesn't matter. Competence does. Palin's a mouthbreather. No thanks.

So what makes Palin commanding and compelling?

Her rise to power is a compelling story, her unique personality is compelling, her opinions about our country and our president are compelling, the very visceral anger she induced on the left is compelling.

As far as commanding, she went against the republican establishment in Alaska and won. She certainly has commanded the majority of non-Obama political attention over these last three years.

The MSM got what they wanted. They can live with Mr. Romney, they couldn't live with the possibility of a Palin presidency. The things I don't like about her is that she quit her job, she chickened out for the 2012 race and her delivery is much too thick on the folksy, "gosh darn it" side. But putting that aside, she's got so much more going for her than the current crop of GOP hopefuls.

That would be Alaska time, not "arctic time". Since the sun goes east to west, we do not have a "north time" or a "south time". EST is weird. It's always late there.

I'm teasing, you moosechaser.

Speaking of which, I never understood why that bust was your avatar until I saw that moose picture. The resemblance is rather strong.

I'm teasing, you moosechaser.

Speaking of which, I never understood why that bust was your avatar until I saw that moose picture. The resemblance is rather strong.

Well the picture is 11 years old. Beard got white, hair got short [on me, not Zeus]. But if people choose avatar's they resemble, are you plotting a Bolshevik revolution?

Well the picture is 11 years old. Beard got white, hair got short [on me, not Zeus]. But if people choose avatar's they resemble, are you plotting a Bolshevik revolution?

Or gassing Jews.

(I always wondered why he had Himmler for an avatar.)

Or gassing Jews.

(I always wondered why he had Himmler for an avatar.)

:lol: :lol: You guys are jackasses.

I think Newt opened up a can of worms on his illegal immigrant stance and will turn off some supporters. I'm curious to see how much this will damage his campaign

That's nothing. There's not a snowballs chance in you-know-what when America hears this little nugget from Newt's past...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ian-fletcher/gingrich-trade_b_1112582.html

"Gingrich has been openly contemptuous of American sovereignty when it comes to trade. He said, in testimony before the House Ways and Means Committee in June 1994,

'I am just saying that we need to be honest about the fact that we are transferring from the United States at a practical level significant authority to a new organization.' "

Edited by 1billsfan

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/195509-gingrich-wins-nh-union-leader-endorsement

GOP presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich received the endorsement of the influential editorial board of the New Hampshire Union Leader on Sunday, providing another boost to his surging campaign.

The endorsement gives the former House Speaker additional momentum after a month which has seen him vault to the top of national GOP polls.

:thumbsup:

That's nothing. There's not a snowballs chance in you-know-what when America hears this little nugget from Newt's past...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ian-fletcher/gingrich-trade_b_1112582.html

"Gingrich has been openly contemptuous of American sovereignty when it comes to trade. He said, in testimony before the House Ways and Means Committee in June 1994,

'I am just saying that we need to be honest about the fact that we are transferring from the United States at a practical level significant authority to a new organization.' "

What's even worse is that Newt Gingrich isn't even an actual intellectual so much as a pseudo-intellectual. He's not somebody who has mastered an actual intellectual discipline and takes seriously the idea of intellectual discipline--that is, thinking not however one might wish, but in accord with certain canons derived from objective reality. He's more somebody who just loves ideas. Especially big ideas.

Sounds like projection to me. I'm not too familiar with this Ian Fletcher character, but based on this article I'd say his "objective reality" is located somewhere deep inside his ass.

I think Newt opened up a can of worms on his illegal immigrant stance and will turn off some supporters. I'm curious to see how much this will damage his campaign

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/new_hampshire/election_2012_new_hampshire_republican_primary

He's doing ok in new Hampshire

http://www.rasmussen...ublican_primary

He's doing ok in new Hampshire

I love all this hand ringing about what GOP primary voters think of Newt's non-gaffe immigration stance. It should become even more obvious to the left here that the MSM keeps feeding you crap that just isn't true. Newts stance IS the view of the base GOP voter.

Secure the borders.

Legalize the otherwise law abiding illegals who have roots here.

Deport the rest.

Keep the border secure.

Notice: Nowhere in there is a path to citizenship or blanket amnesty.

And what do you know... His poll numbers didn't suffer.

I laughed out loud reading and listening to "experts" imagine that Newt had made a serious unforced error.