Angry Rex Tells Fan to "Please Hush"

Kaz

Agree with everything you said. Also agree that he's a d-bag. And hey -- something COULD happen. Wasn't Bud Adams nailed for $250K giving us the double bird? If Ryan is fined, they had better fine Belichick as well. ~ His comment was so much better.

Oh, and this is what Ryan said to a "Post" reporter: "It's something I'll bring up to him after we beat them in the playoffs again this year."

You'd think he'd have learned something. Nope.

Awful comparison to bellichek- private conversation vs directed at the stands is way different. Your real comp point is 50k for rexs incident awhile back cursing at a fan at an mma event (or something along those lines. Add a few bucks for NFL stadium and repeat offender.

If bb is fined I'd be unhappy with the call. Wasn't mic'ed or directed at someone.

As awesome as that would be, I highly doubt it will happen. If you read lips on the sidelines, you'll catch players/coaches dropping the F-bomb all the time -- on national TV. You just can't hear them, usually. This was some random video camera. IF something happens, it's likely to be a fine, not a suspension.

I believe Bryan Cox was fined $3,000 for his double-middle-finger salute to the Bills on national TV back in 1993. No suspension.

Per Finger

Awful comparison to bellichek- private conversation vs directed at the stands is way different.

NoSaint, you seem like a pretty intelligent guy (from other posts). Why the barbs? Do you really need to call someone else's OPINION "awful" to make your point? you're doing just fine without that. I enjoy our debates. And, to your point, Billy said it in front of the press. Dumb, dumb move. Especially in NYC.

Your real comp point is 50k for rexs incident awhile back cursing at a fan at an mma event (or something along those lines. Add a few bucks for NFL stadium and repeat offender).

Not really. He gave someone the finger at that event and was fined $50K by the JETS for his actions, which were caught on camera phone. He wasn't fined by the NFL.

If bb is fined I'd be unhappy with the call. Wasn't mic'ed or directed at someone.

I don't believe either should be fined. One is hearsay, the other was captured on a camera phone. As I previously wrote, if one is fined, the other should be. Not because the offenses were equal -- But because it'll just fuel the "conspiracy theory" many have about NFL bias toward the Pats.

Again, coaches curse all the time on the sidelines. Players curse at one another all the time on the field. If everyone was fined or suspended for each curse -- It would further wussify the league. Most of these fines are way out of control, as it stands.

NoSaint, you seem like a pretty intelligent guy (from other posts). Why the barbs? Do you really need to call someone else's OPINION "awful" to make your point? you're doing just fine without that. I enjoy our debates. And, to your point, Billy said it in front of the press. Dumb, dumb move. Especially in NYC.

Not really. He gave someone the finger at that event and was fined $50K by the JETS for his actions, which were caught on camera phone. He wasn't fined by the NFL.

I don't believe either should be fined. One is hearsay, the other was captured on a camera phone. As I previously wrote, if one is fined, the other should be. Not because the offenses were equal -- But because it'll just fuel the "conspiracy theory" many have about NFL bias toward the Pats.

Again, coaches curse all the time on the sidelines. Players curse at one another all the time on the field. If everyone was fined or suspended for each curse -- It would further wussify the league. Most of these fines are way out of control, as it stands.

Touché. Perhaps I was typing quicker than I was thinking. I still think private conversation is VERY different then a directed "attack" (for lack of less harsh word coming to mind) on a fan, and as far as a comparison - it's not a good one. Public aggression vs gloating near a reporter. Every coach would be fined if cursing in conversation was trouble, but when was the last time you saw a coach jawing at the stands. Last time the jets may have beat the league to it, but they very likely told the jets their intentions and the jets decided to head it up. Bb should not be fined. Ryan I would totally understand. His actions are much more like you have seen fined regularly (Vick, bud Adams, Rex Ryan circa 09 etc...)

Edited by NoSaint

Probably happened tons of times but this is the era of cell phone cameras where a lot more of everything makes it to video

Tons of times? Really? As if it's commonplace? Even with cell phone cams catching everything this is the first I've seen a coach caught cursing at a fan. Not a huge offense but it's an obvious line not to cross. I'm sure it's happened before but....

So if I bring a camera to any game and start to agitate the opposing team's players to the point where they start calling me out and record the event, could I get said player fined or suspended? Thanks to youtube, there's suddenly 70,000 new hires the nfl league office at every game. Football is a game of emotion. Let them say what they wanna say as long as it doesn't lead to an altercation.

So if I bring a camera to any game and start to agitate the opposing team's players to the point where they start calling me out and record the event, could I get said player fined or suspended? Thanks to youtube, there's suddenly 70,000 new hires the nfl league office at every game. Football is a game of emotion. Let them say what they wanna say as long as it doesn't lead to an altercation.

The video isn't there anymore... What is up with that?

youtube.com/watch?v=57-PDpVwjmg

oh the joys of the youtubes

Thanks, the others were removed!

Never interact with fans angry- easy enough.

Never interact with fans angry- easy enough.

I know I will get pummeled for this... I felt bad for the Jets players... They looked beat and the fans were actually encouraging them... "You got this." Etc... Some hands reached out to touch the players... The one lineman was left hanging. Then Belicheck comment. I am not pro-Rex... But they looked beat... He got a chuckle from the fans... Was it really that bad? It is only the f word.

Tons of times? Really? As if it's commonplace? Even with cell phone cams catching everything this is the first I've seen a coach caught cursing at a fan. Not a huge offense but it's an obvious line not to cross. I'm sure it's happened before but....

Well expect a lot more of it, along with everything else. It's all part of the stolen celebrity sex tapes, Obama and Sarkozy on the mic, reactionary twitter posts, etc etc ... world that we live in. What we know in Rex's case is if it wasn't caught on someone's cell camera. no one would be talking about, and it would be the complete non-event it was. I don't care for Rex, but I think it's absurd he can get tapped for 10's of thousands of dollars for giving it back to a fan verbally that was provoking him as he's walking off the field running hot how the half ended.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I know I will get pummeled for this... I felt bad for the Jets players... They looked beat and the fans were actually encouraging them... "You got this." Etc... Some hands reached out to touch the players... The one lineman was left hanging. Then Belicheck comment. I am not pro-Rex... But they looked beat... He got a chuckle from the fans... Was it really that bad? It is only the f word.

LOL, that was great. What would make it even better is if this coming Thursday, the Jets get Tebow'd in Denver.

As for your comment it may not be that bad, but it was very immature of Ryan to do that.

Let's put it this way, could you picture Chan Gailey saying that to a fan?

I actually think Rex Ryan is a very good coach. IMO, the Jets aren't an overly talented team outside of Revis, Mangold, and perhaps David Harris. But it will be interesting to see how Ryan reacts if things go south. He seems very thin-skinned and NYC/ NJ isn't the place for that.

Exactly what I think. Wish he was coaching Buffalo.