Nelson's move

BRH

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills TD celebration brings out romantic in Jerry Jones

“I thought it was a neat as a pen,” Jones said Tuesday on KRLD-FM. “Frankly, our cheerleaders get the recognition that they get. I know it was a surprise to her, but I sure enjoyed looking at the highlights on ESPN and coverage like that to focus on that part of it. There’s a lot about sports. A little romance thrown in from time to time is another big plus.”

Jones laughed when it was suggested that the celebration could have put Reich’s cheerleading job in jeopardy.

“I haven’t talked to her about it, but the last thing that occurred to me was to be upset about anything,” Jones said. After pausing for a beat, he quipped, “Men, that’s nature.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4686726/bills-td-celebration-brings-out-romantic-in-jerry-jones

Of all the things that were actually bad about the Bills performance Sunday, this poster picks what happened after our only TD to start a thread about. Silly.

I didn't realize this board was limited only to topics that met your approval. My bad.

I might be selfish here, but I hope he was scoring for the team.

I'd rather score with his girl. She is hot.

Too many wet blankets here. He rarely gets to play in front of his girl or their families and he did something nice. Why get your panties in a bunch because she is hot enough to be a cowboys cheerleader.

People need to stop sweating the stupid little ****.

Figures someone would piss all over the lone bright spot the Bills had all day. I applaud Nelson for doing it.

Figures the homers on this board would support a gesture of celebration when the team is in the midst of getting its arse kicked in. Was it "cute?" Yes. Is she hot? Yes.

Was that the right thing to do, given the circumstances and the score? No. Get your ass back to the bench, fire up your teammates and figure out how to score again and get back into the game. Like I said earlier, I have a hard time believing that this would be tolerated in winning organizations like Green Bay, New England and New Orleans.

Figures the homers on this board would support a gesture of celebration when the team is in the midst of getting its arse kicked in. Was it "cute?" Yes. Is she hot? Yes.

Was that the right thing to do, given the circumstances and the score? No. Get your ass back to the bench, fire up your teammates and figure out how to score again and get back into the game. Like I said earlier, I have a hard time believing that this would be tolerated in winning organizations like Green Bay, New England and New Orleans.

And I have a hard time believing anyone would give a **** who a football player gives a ball to. :wallbash:

And I have a hard time believing anyone would give a **** who a football player gives a ball to. :wallbash:

Giving a ball to someone is a far cry from jogging around the entire field in the middle of the game, when your team is losing badly to have a little smooch with your girlfriend. Sack up and play the game and give her the ball afterwards.

Bills are also one of the few teams I notice who actively help the opponent get up. When Freddy is knocked on his ass, it's comparatively rare to see the opposition lend a helping hand. Winning teams just don't do stupid stuff like that and that mentality needs to be shaken out. Love Nelson, hated that move.

Giving a ball to someone is a far cry from jogging around the entire field in the middle of the game, when your team is losing badly to have a little smooch with your girlfriend. Sack up and play the game and give her the ball afterwards.

Bills are also one of the few teams I notice who actively help the opponent get up. When Freddy is knocked on his ass, it's comparatively rare to see the opposition lend a helping hand. Winning teams just don't do stupid stuff like that and that mentality needs to be shaken out. Love Nelson, hated that move.

Agree to disagree I guess. I see no substance in those things that you seem to think indicate a winning mentality.

Grow up. It was a harmless move that had absolutely zero effect on the game or any of the players involved.

As for helping players up, its called class and sportsmanship. I'd rather my team have that than not.

21-7 is losing badly? Two scores are not insurmountable in football. Relax junior. You're using the content of the entire game to frame a moment that was inconsequential to the rest of the game.

Or are you stupid enough to believe that Nelson's celebration caused the defense to let Romo march up the field and make it 28-7?

Exactly, if any of the people complaining about this were in the front row at the Ralph and the Bills were getting their butts kicked and Nelson came up and gave them the ball, they would think he was God.

It was a cool move. At the time the game was not out of hand. If the relationship lasts and they wed and have a family, it will be a moment in time they can share forever. I am a huge Bills fan and am proud that a guy as classy and a guy of such good character makes a move to express his love. Maybe if more men did such things there wouldn't be a 50% divorce rate! I realize we all can give the girl the football because we don't play in the NFL, but we all could learn from the example. I wish them the best of luck in the future.....now take that attitude and be a leader to the locker room and on the field, spread the good character and learn to keep winning and we van have a good team people are proud to be behind

Hugging a cheer leader for the opposition just don't' seem right no matter the circumstances. I wonder if Dick Butkis or Mike Ditka would have ever done such a thing?

At least he didn't propose though. That would have been really dumb.

screw dick buttkiss and ditka! who are they?

im sorry but there aint nothing wrong with love, bangin it, or anythign to do with LOVELY WOMEN!!!!!!

im going to say it cuz i like being a dick sometimes:

IF YOU DIDNT LIKE NELSON'S MOVE, you're not getting laid!!!!

I thought it was bush league. He could have had that ball stashed (as the equipment guys do all the time for the players) and then handed it to her after the game. No... he had to be a drama queen and run the damn length of the field to ensure everyone knew he had a Cowboy Cheerleader trophy for a chick and get that out on National TV. Next he'll be on the dancing with the narcicists. Whatever happened to humility?

I thought it was bush league. He could have had that ball stashed (as the equipment guys do all the time for the players) and then handed it to her after the game. No... he had to be a drama queen and run the damn length of the field to ensure everyone knew he had a Cowboy Cheerleader trophy for a chick and get that out on National TV. Next he'll be on the dancing with the narcicists. Whatever happened to humility?

Everyone knows he had a cowboy cheerleader. How did they get their personal pics so fast? Obviously it was going to be mentioned during the game at one point.

Humilty has nothing to do with this. He showed some affection to his girl that she will never forget.

He celebrated with his players in the endzone. He then hi-fived a bunch of players/coaches on his way to his girl. That's not firing up his teammates? Plus I didnt know someone scoring a td had that much responsibility. What about captains, qbs, and coaches?