Rivers Is Over Rated

NastyMan

San Diego's O Line SUCKS!

Turner is a lousy coach.

AJ Smith let great players walk: Sproles, Tomlinson, Michael Turner and so on...

Gates is injured and old.

Vincent Jackson is indifferent and hates AJ.

The team needs an overhaul.

River is not the problem, and he is not an arrogant guy despite what he appears to be-he is actually a really good guy.

I like Mike Tolbert

Rivers is one of those guys who is exciting to watch because you have no idea what crazy thing he'll do the next play, whether good or bad. Whenever he's throwing you know it's either going to be an amazing play or a real boneheaded blunder. His reaction alone to certain plays is hilarious; just watching his face and his emotions is hilarious at times

And sometimes he just acts like a punk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsSpYLU7Ig0

(Yes, I've posted it before -- It's so vile and immature -- and I think of THIS every time I hear the name "Philip Rivers")

Personally, I think that San Diego is on the verge of having to blow that whole team up and start over. The defense isn't that great anymore, V-Jax is playing like he doesn't want to be there, their last 2 or 3 drafts have been weak, and it just seems like it may be time. Whether you keep Rivers to build around, I don't know. I think I might even part ways with him. Gates is often injured anymore. LT and Sproles are gone. I already mentioned about Jackson seeming to have checked out. Really, who do they have that can be considered conerstones for the future? Rivers, McNeil, Weddle, Cromartie, Tolbert? This is team is going down the tubes fast and you can bet the first one on the chopping block will be Norv Turner. After that, nothing would surprise me. Not even the departure/firing of AJ Smith.

Edited by H2o

Please don't act like we're judging this guy's ability after ONE game. Phils entire body of work throughout his career says "Smart Guy. OK arm. -Bad decision-maker." Along with results, decision-making is what football fans should judge QB's on. The KC game said alot about where this guy's head is at, when it comes time to focus. HINT: It wasn't in the game.

Edited by #34fan

Personally, I think that San Diego is on the verge of having to blow that whole team up and start over. The defense isn't that great anymore, V-Jax is playing like he doesn't want to be there, their last 2 or 3 drafts have been weak, and it just seems like it may be time. Whether you keep Rivers to build around, I don't know. I think I might even part ways with him. Gates is often injured anymore. LT and Sproles are gone. I already mentioned about Jackson seeming to have checked out. Really, who do they have that can be considered conerstones for the future? Rivers, McNeil, Weddle, Cromartie, Tolbert? This is team is going down the tubes fast and you can bet the first one on the chopping block will be Norv Turner. After that, nothing would surprise me. Not even the departure/firing of AJ Smith.

Is Buddy Nix's departure for the Bills the reason why?

please hes been a all pro for the past few years and has had a bad stretch of games. get real. rivers is really good. just in a slump if your gonna judge him off just this year then hes still better then half the QBs in the NFL. plus he lost his LT tonight and a guard so he was playing with a bunch of dudes who suck.

I've heard this before, its called the Trent Edwards defense

Vincent Jackson got outplayed by a rookie wr on his own team. Plus he didnt even bother to fight for the ball.

I'm still trying to figure out what happened on that pick where it absolutely looked like Jackson just quit. I suspect he could have lost it in the lights or something, but it seemed more like he quit, especially after watching Rivers pass a kidney stone on the field after the play. Really bizarre play by Jackson.

Edited by LABillzFan

Looked to me like he didn't even know the ball was thrown.

That's my initial impression too.

San Diego's O Line SUCKS!

Turner is a lousy coach.

AJ Smith let great players walk: Sproles, Tomlinson, Michael Turner and so on...

Gates is injured and old.

Vincent Jackson is indifferent and hates AJ.

The team needs an overhaul.

River is not the problem, and he is not an arrogant guy despite what he appears to be-he is actually a really good guy.

I like Mike Tolbert

Rivers is easy to hate but I agree with all this evaluation of the team

Please don't act like we're judging this guy's ability after ONE game. Phils entire body of work throughout his career says "Smart Guy. OK arm. -Bad decision-maker." Along with results, decision-making is what football fans should judge QB's on. The KC game said alot about where this guy's head is at, when it comes time to focus. HINT: It wasn't in the game.

Well... The op did say it was the first game not against buff he had seen.... So.... Yea in his case I guess it's like 2-3 total