U C. Paganelli 124

HL Jy. Bergman 91

LJ Stephan 68

FJ Rosenbaum 67

SJ Larrew 73

BJ T. Steratore 112

RA Burns

VO Campbell

I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone but I highly doubt the NFL would allow a 124 year old official. The guy would get killed out there.

Just looked at the previous weeks, that crew has not worked a Dallas or Buffalo game this season.

And at this point in the season, it would have been highly unlikely. The NFL has rules regarding spacing between assignments, I believe it is at 6 weeks right now. Other rules:

- Max number of times one crew can officiate a game for a single team during the regular season: 2

- If a crew does officiate a team more than once, they cannot be both home or both away; they must be split.

- No crew can work the same matchup twice in one season.

There are other one-off rules - Walt Coleman does not call Raiders games following the tuck rule fiasco, Ed Hochuli rarely calls Arizona Cardinals games since he lives in Phoenix, and Triplette at one time did not call Carolina games out of fear of possible favoritism.

And at this point in the season, it would have been highly unlikely. The NFL has rules regarding spacing between assignments, I believe it is at 6 weeks right now. Other rules:

- Max number of times one crew can officiate a game for a single team during the regular season: 2

- If a crew does officiate a team more than once, they cannot be both home or both away; they must be split.

There are other one-off rules - Walt Coleman does not call Raiders games following the tuck rule fiasco, Ed Hochuli rarely calls Arizona Cardinals games since he lives in Phoenix, and Triplette at one time did not call Carolina games out of fear of possible favoritism.

You forgot "No crew can call holding penalties on the Patriots".

A thread devoted to who the officials for a game will be.

Why not list the guys on the sidelines who hold the first down chains?

It is painfully obvious that they have it in for the Bills and make it at least 11 yards for the Bills to get a first down! :)

Edited by CodeMonkey

Wow.

How the hell do you know all this?

Good stuff… if you're a fanatic like some people here.

Wow.

How the hell do you know all this?

Good stuff… if you're a fanatic like some people here.

If you know where to look, it's not too hard to find out, or figure out on your own :). Who officiates which games should not, but quite often does, have a large impact on the game. There are crews that call far more holding, DPI, etc than others, and given that the later has the potential to penalize a team 40+ yards, you can bet teams game plan for certain crews.

A thread devoted to who the officials for a game will be.

Why not list the guys on the sidelines who hold the first down chains?

It is painfully obvious that they have it in for the Bills and make it at least 11 yards for the Bills to get a first down! :)

This weeks chain crew is Jim Smithson, and Ralph Bularski. Tim Hanover will handle the down marker. Now you know...

This weeks chain crew is Jim Smithson, and Ralph Bularski. Tim Hanover will handle the down marker. Now you know...

No more questions your honor…

Oh wait, do we know who the official timekeeper is?

That's probably my greatest concern as I think the game will come down to the last moments.

:)