rehearsal is for fags

It always amuses me when some people I know who won't bat an eye at "faggot" or "!@#$" or "wetback" or "beaner" are the same people that get up in arms, wrap themselves in the star of David, and cry "anti-Semite" whenever someone dares utter "kike."

"Oy vey, Schlomo, it's like Shoah all over again!"

Edited by LeviF91

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It always amuses me when some people I know who won't bat an eye at "faggot" or "!@#$" or "wetback" or "beaner" are the same people that get up in arms, wrap themselves in the star of David, and cry "anti-Semite" whenever someone dares utter "kike."

Wow. I have a ton of Jewish friends and have never heard a single one use any of those terms--and would be completely stunned if they did. Jewish people are pretty sensitive to racial epithets.

It all depends on whose ox is gored

Wow. I have a ton of Jewish friends and have never heard a single one use any of those terms--and would be completely stunned if they did. Jewish people are pretty sensitive to racial epithets.

I guess the quote at the end is misleading - these people I'm talking about typically are not Jewish.

Was that supposed to be clever? :thumbdown:

I suppose the average black, gay, hispanic, etc. born since 1975 is part of a beat down minority? That they deal with more prejudice than, say, a white kid in a predominately black neighborhood? I suppose white males never get assaulted on account of race, or passed over for a job on account of measures for diversity? And white guys never catch a beatdown at the hands of a half dozen guys for being the wrong color?

The point is, it's not 1960 anymore, so save your "my other penis is a vagina" schtick with your head held low because it makes you feel so good to feel so bad about **** you never lived through and have only heard about. That crap doesn't make you wise or compassionate. It just makes you an insufferable douche bag.

Well this is a steaming pile of horseshit that I'm glad is allowed to exist here.

If you think that because a minority was born post-1975, they've probably never been oppressed, you've obviously spent little to no time paying attention to the other side of the color line. And no, "consideration" (DEFINITION) does not make one an "insufferable douche" it makes one a normal human being who understands that GASP people have their own **** to deal with. And that maybe, JUST MAYBE, that **** should be "considered" before conclusions are drawn.

The numbers are clear with regards to the difference in experience for whites vs. minorities in this country. Minorities go to jail more, they go to jail longer, they make less money, the receive less education, they hold fewer positions of prestige, etc. On every substantive metric, white people excel. Now what could cause that? You're left with two options. Option A) suggests that the American experience is different for people of color (aside from empirical evidence which clearly suggests this, anectdotal or observational evidence backs it up as well) or Option B) which suggests that folks of color must be inherently less capable.

Option B is pretty clearly a racist statement. Option A seems to make sense. Option A it is......

And FTR, I was a white kid in a black neighbor until I was about 10. I never got picked on for being white. Ever. Not to say that people don't (because of course they do) but if we were to pool up all the hostility that flows from one race to another on account of the difference in color, the white to black ratio would OBVIOUSLY be higher. If you think otherwise, you're clueless.

You should listen to him B-Large, no one knows more about being an insufferable douche bag than Rob.

Rob doesn't understand there's a difference between territorial thugs and being discriminant against by business and government, while racism has lessened you still have examples of it's pervasiveness as demonstrated by studies like this My link

The institutionalized racism angle? No, I've never heard that argument, considered its merits and counterpoints, and concluded that the lefty approach to correcting those issues overshoots, thus missing the mark and fueling the same violence towards white people it seeks to alleviate in minorities.

And although it's irrelevant to my refutation of bright boy's absolutist statement that white men are never subject to racism, I want to thank you for bringing it to my attention. I'm sure there's a great YouTube clip covering this.

Well this is a steaming pile of horseshit that I'm glad is allowed to exist here.

If you think that because a minority was born post-1975, they've probably never been oppressed, you've obviously spent little to no time paying attention to the other side of the color line. And no, "consideration" (DEFINITION) does not make one an "insufferable douche" it makes one a normal human being who understands that GASP people have their own **** to deal with. And that maybe, JUST MAYBE, that **** should be "considered" before conclusions are drawn.

The numbers are clear with regards to the difference in experience for whites vs. minorities in this country. Minorities go to jail more, they go to jail longer, they make less money, the receive less education, they hold fewer positions of prestige, etc. On every substantive metric, white people excel. Now what could cause that? You're left with two options. Option A) suggests that the American experience is different for people of color (aside from empirical evidence which clearly suggests this, anectdotal or observational evidence backs it up as well) or Option B) which suggests that folks of color must be inherently less capable.

Option B is pretty clearly a racist statement. Option A seems to make sense. Option A it is......

And FTR, I was a white kid in a black neighbor until I was about 10. I never got picked on for being white. Ever. Not to say that people don't (because of course they do) but if we were to pool up all the hostility that flows from one race to another on account of the difference in color, the white to black ratio would OBVIOUSLY be higher. If you think otherwise, you're clueless.

We would welcome your comments in there after reading the thread about "Inner City Youth Mobs Attack" that is about 1/2 way down the main page.

The institutionalized racism angle? No, I've never heard that argument, considered its merits and counterpoints, and concluded that the lefty approach to correcting those issues overshoots, thus missing the mark and fueling the same violence towards white people it seeks to alleviate in minorities.

And although it's irrelevant to my refutation of bright boy's absolutist statement that white men are never subject to racism, I want to thank you for bringing it to my attention. I'm sure there's a great YouTube clip covering this.

Ahhhh and here lies ANOTHER flaw. That flawed attempts to fix the problem (which is inarguable at this point) results in the non-existence of a problem. It's clear that institution "racism" (read inequality) exists and is a problem. So regardless of prior attempts to the fix the problems (to varied success levels) we aren't to conclude that the imbalance of experience in this country is permissible.

And your "fueling violence towards white people" is pretty ridiculous....

I'd call you an idiot but then I'd owe Tom a dollar and I'm locked out of my paypal account at the moment; so you get a pass this time.

Yes, clearly, it must be one of two options. It must be that American society provides non-whites less opportunities than whites because of their skin color, or non-whites are inherently less capable. There can be no other factors involved in how outcomes in the aggregate are disparate. :doh:

Yes, clearly, it must be one of two options. It must be that American society provides non-whites less opportunities than whites because of their skin color, or non-whites are inherently less capable. There can be no other factors involved in how outcomes in the aggregate are disparate. :doh:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the DC schools filled with predominately minority students? Seems as if we spend nearly as much money on them as tuition is at Harvard there would be a little better results.

http://mjperry.blogspot.com/2010/02/dc-public-schools-129-trillion-28170.html

What about option C, that a self destructive culture is pervasive within the African-American community? Hip-hop culture which seems to define black as "not-white" and defines white as going to school, having a 9-5 job, etc. has done wonders for urban youth. It effectively communicates that the only way to be successful without betraying where you came from is to make it as a musician, actor, athlete or criminal. Thomas Sowell, Bill Cosby and Walter Williams seem to agree with this sentiment, but what the hell do they know? Its not like they grew up pre-civil rights movement.

While you see the bold as proof of institutionalized racism, what is your explanation for how other minority groups in this country have not realized the same pattern? Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Vietnamese and others Asian immigrants which made up 15-20% of immigration to the US since 1990, have by most accounts done very well. Does institutional racism favor Asians for some reason?

Sure there are racists, but claiming that all the trends you laid out are a result of institutional racism is a disservice and part of the problem. When all the problems facing the African American community are perceived to be a result of institutional racism, personal responsibility goes out the window. I think President of the USA is pretty prestigious too. Not as prestigious as it was 3 years ago, but still pretty prestigious.

What about option C, that a self destructive culture is pervasive within the African-American community? Hip-hop culture which seems to define black as "not-white" and defines white as going to school, having a 9-5 job, etc. has done wonders for urban youth. It effectively communicates that the only way to be successful without betraying where you came from is to make it as a musician, actor, athlete or criminal. Thomas Sowell, Bill Cosby and Walter Williams seem to agree with this sentiment, but what the hell do they know? Its not like they grew up pre-civil rights movement.

While you see the bold as proof of institutionalized racism, what is your explanation for how other minority groups in this country have not realized the same pattern? Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Vietnamese and others Asian immigrants which made up 15-20% of immigration to the US since 1990, have by most accounts done very well. Does institutional racism favor Asians for some reason?

Sure there are racists, but claiming that all the trends you laid out are a result of institutional racism is a disservice and part of the problem. When all the problems facing the African American community are perceived to be a result of institutional racism, personal responsibility goes out the window. I think President of the USA is pretty prestigious too. Not as prestigious as it was 3 years ago, but still pretty prestigious.

It's certainly not ALL of the problem, but I believe its a self-feeding cycle that perpetuates those stereotypes. As for hip hop culture, yeah a lot of it is destructive.....though I'd argue that its a bit overstated at this point. Other cultures have been destructive and aimed specifically at youth while not debasing an entire race's viability. I mean is hip hop any more destructive in its aims than punk was in the late 70s? Than the various types of metal (specifically death metal/grindcore etc)? Kids flock to things that they relate to, whether it be through aspiration or firsthand experience. Kids like to see that there is a way out of ghetto at all. And its unfortunate that almost all of the visibly successful black people in this country have used those gateways (arts, athletics) to get out of the ghetto. But I've known a lot of black youth that try to climb out without using those things. They study and work and get stuff done. But the entire environment around them isn't conducive to success. Not to say that it precludes it, just that it doesnt encourage it. And I think most of (certainly not all) white america is more conducive to achievement.

Black people don't escape without responsibility. They DO deserve a large portion of the blame. I just think its difficult and kind of egocentric to say "why don't they show the toughness and determination to rise above those bad influences." I think it shortchanges the poisoning aspect of their environment. It assumes everything is a "choice" when I don't think reality works that way....I think we're much more a slave to the things around us and inside of us than we care to admit.

As for the asian folk, I think for the most part their entrance into this country doesnt have the same negative stigma that black people have had to deal with. Not to say Asians havent dealt with racism (obviously the have...particularly in the late 19th century) but there isn't the same institutional inferiority that exists in black/white relations. White people view Asians as different from them, just as they view blacks as different...but I think today it tends to be almost a superiority. "Good at math" "great with computers" "work way more/harder" than everyone. Contrast that to 400+ years of institutional inferiority that permeates white black relations. Thats not something that can just be "overcome" with legislation or discussion. It will take time. The civil rights movement was only 50 years ago....there are a ton of people STILL WORKING that grew up in a time when blacks and whites didnt use the same toilet. How do you grow up for the first 10-15 years of your life taught that those dark children shouldnt be intermingling with you and then, on a dime, adjust that to think "oh, they're the same" ? I absolutely wish it could be that easy....but for most people, its not.

The institutional racism isn't overt....it isn't passed along in memos saying "don't hire black people". It's implicit. It's in upbringing. Its probably something that a lot of people arent really conscious of. But that doesnt mean it doesnt affect how they think or behave.

Howard Stern is irrelevant and he hasn't been funny for at least two decades, but still I do like to rip him on interent message boards.

I can't believe it took this long

On the 'racism against white kids note' one of my friends in high school, white kid, had his shoes stolen on the way to school by groups of black kids at least half a dozen times. Good old Rochester NY. He wound up being a pretty racist guy (big surprise) and kinda spiraled out of control. He was a pretty tough kid too, he was in jail for a while for hospitalizing two would be muggers by beating them with a tire iron. Now I think he works for a big time dealer on the side as muscle.

Just a little anecdote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaEBsLmgTLc

youtube.com/watch?v=HaEBsLmgTLc

Pretty brave to post a single horribly ignorant person with the aim of generalizing to an entire population of approximately 40,000,000 people.

Here's the part where I post a youtube video about white supremacy/anti-semitism/homophobia suggesting that all white people are like that, right? Or I suppose I could go a different route and find any number of examples of rich white people gaming the system to make tons of money, right?