Phil Simms

JerryG83

Well, if the Bills had given him any reason for positive commentary, I'm sure he would have had some nice things to say. Actually, he had some good things to say, too. I'd hardly say he was bashing them. Just pointing out their shortcomings yesterday and there were tons of them.

GO BILLS!!!

Is it just me or did Phil Simms have nothing good to say about Buffalo? He kept bashing on them the entire game. It seemed that he has a hard on for Rex Ryan and maybe they will hook up and rub each other's feet one day.

I don't remember them saying anything about the bills all game long...

I don't think Simms was harsh on the Bills. He was just being honest. I usually don't have major problems with his commentary.

Collinsworth, on the other hand, annoys the crap out of me for some reason.

I am with you brother, he sucks and his voice is annoying

I think Simms is the best announcer on TV.

He can be annoying (who can talk for 3 hours and not be?), and pompous, but he anticipates things happening. That tells me he knows about the game. He knows what he is talking about. I wonder how well any of the posters would do announcing a game?

I don't think he has any kind of bias against the Bills.

I think Simms is the best announcer on TV.

He can be annoying (who can talk for 3 hours and not be?), and pompous, but he anticipates things happening. That tells me he knows about the game. He knows what he is talking about. I wonder how well any of the posters would do announcing a game?

I don't think he has any kind of bias against the Bills.

As far as Collinsworth goes, after he admonished Bruce Smith for not playing when he was in the hospital, implying that he didn't care, and really taking a cheap shot at Smith, I have considered him an ass.

He was saying a lot of nice things in pregame. During the game, he was just saying what was happening... and what was happening was the bills were sucking bad. The only saving thing was Stevie looked pretty damn good against Revis. I would almost say Stevie won that matchup.

the rest of the team was bleh. Defense played similar to what it has done before, and the offense was just confused completly.

Simms just called the game like he saw it. And at the end, Nantz asked him if that changed his opinion about the Bills being a contender and he said (I'm paraphrasing): "No. They were just outplayed today."

Despite everyone jumping off the Peace Bridge, all you have to do is look around the league on a week-to-week basis to see even the best teams occasionally lay eggs.

Take a look at this past weekend. Strong home favorites like NE*, Pittsburgh, and Philly all lost, along with other home favorites Oakland, KC, and Tennessee.

It's a wacky league.

The best part about his commentary Sunday was when he was outright laughing at Sanchez when Florence made him flinch, he was still laughing a few plays later. And IMO his commentary about the Bills was fair, even basically saying they are a contender that had a bad day.

Is it just me or did Phil Simms have nothing good to say about Buffalo? He kept bashing on them the entire game. It seemed that he has a hard on for Rex Ryan and maybe they will hook up and rub each other's feet one day.

did you have anything good to say about the Bills watching that pathetic performance?

Don't forget that it was the Bills who knocked Simms out of playing in the Super Bowl against them. If they hadn't done that, they might have won that game! They were not ready for Hostetler.

maybe if they could tackle or ran Thurman more then 15 times they might have won

there were a lot of reasons they lost that game

The great thing is you'll have an opportunity to hear Phil praise the Bills when they pound the 'Boys. He and Nantz have this game as well.

Aikman must be devastated with yet another week not doing the Cowboys game

It could have been because he was waiting for us to show up & show him along with every one else just what the buzz in B-Lo is all about but that never happened !!

So how can you expect the guy to say good things about our team if they are not doing any thing good to talk about ??

It's like raising a kid that's a little bastard & telling every one how great your kid is :blink: