Sunday's game experience

JPS

Forget about the game. That was brutal enough. I brought my family and a few friends in section 131 and there were fantastic displays of public drunkenness and about 10 people who inserted the F work in front of virtually everything. I am hoping it was an anomaly, but I just shouldn't have to apologize to my friends and explain to my daughter what a dirty Sanchez is.

Are we Bills fans really that bad?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget about the game. That was brutal enough. I brought my family and a few friends in section 131 and there were fantastic displays of public drunkenness and about 10 people who inserted the F work in front of virtually everything. I am hoping it was an anomaly, but I just shouldn't have to apologize to my friends and explain to my daughter what a dirty Sanchez is.

Did you have to tell her the truth?

PTR

Are you serious? It's a football game...

JPS: I agree, that behavior is unacceptable around kids. But, as others have wondered, what did you expect?

Did you have to tell her the truth?

PTR

personally, i feel that there's no better place for a father to have "the talk" with his child than at a sporting event. that's how my dad did it with me and, hopefully one day, that's how i'll do it with my kids. and honestly, do you really want your daughter learning the intricacies of a dirty sanchez, cleveland steamer, rusty trombone or hairy houdini from her friends?

Unfortunately it is not something that is unique to Buffalo. I have been going to games for 15 years and I have always said I would not take my kids until they were at least 16.....no exceptions.

Guess you had to be there. I've been going to games for 35 years and I've never seen or heard anything like it. It's not just the f bomb here and there. It was consistent and grossly offensive stuff said regardless of who was around them. Hocchuli was a c-sucker. Ryans wife sticks her toes somewhere. All with fbombs laced in. For 3 solid quarters.

That...and guys were just flat out hammered. You guys are okay with all that? Maybe I am getting old.

Guess you had to be there. I've been going to games for 35 years and I've never seen or heard anything like it. It's not just the f bomb here and there. It was consistent and grossly offensive stuff said regardless of who was around them. Hocchuli was a c-sucker. Ryans wife sticks her toes somewhere. All with fbombs laced in. For 3 solid quarters.

That...and guys were just flat out hammered. You guys are okay with all that? Maybe I am getting old.

Obviously I am not ok with it, but it is what the NFL experience has become. Maybe this is why you RARELY saw kids and women at sporting events in the 60's and 70's. I just think you need to know that going in, you will hear offensive language thus not making it ideal for kids.

Unfortunately it is not something that is unique to Buffalo. I have been going to games for 15 years and I have always said I would not take my kids until they were at least 16.....no exceptions.

She is 16. And it's not just her. I did not want to hear it.

I think it would be a welcome change if football games had more of a family atmosphere. The league is trying to make it more of a finesse sport by protecting QBs and Wrs and display their athleticism. The game is also getting A LOTmore sophisticated and cerebral. The goonie stuff is going by the wayside on the field. Its time the fans caught up

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

i was in 308 and it was just not a great overall game, there were more fights between bills fans than there were between bills and jets fans, it was embarrassing, jets fans were obnoxious and rude but what do you expect, all they know how to say Jets Jets Jets. the game was not worth the ten hour travel time, but you win some and lose some, but as its been for the bills in past years, you win some you lose more.

I was at a Yankees game a couple of years ago. There was a girl (Maybe 14) with a Jason Varitek shirt on a couple of rows in front of me. There was a jerk 2 seats the left of us who called her a "Red Sox fan B word". During the next lull in the action, I calmly leaned over my seat and informed him, "Talking smack to that girl...if it happens again, I'll bite your nose off." Didn't hear another peep out of him the whole game. He thought I was insane.

I was at a Yankees game a couple of years ago. There was a girl (Maybe 14) with a Jason Varitek shirt on a couple of rows in front of me. There was a jerk 2 seats the left of us who called her a "Red Sox fan B word". During the next lull in the action, I calmly leaned over my seat and informed him, "Talking smack to that girl...if it happens again, I'll bite your nose off." Didn't hear another peep out of him the whole game. He thought I was insane.

Well, you are insane, Lentils.