Big Vote Tomorrow In Ohio

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former Fox News host and now governor of Ohio John Kashish is likely to see his anti-union law go down in flames tomorrow. All the Fox news friends have been pouring money into the state to crush teachers, nurses, cops and firefighters but it looks like the good people of Ohio will have none of this. :thumbsup:

You forgot 'Koch Brothers",dummy.

So what is there to 'struggle' with?? Yeah, they served a valuable purpose in the 19th century. Today they are nothing more than organized crime.

There are still hazadous industries where cutting corners and ignoring the safety of workers can be disasterous, i.e. mining. Unions represent the best interests of the men and women who work in those industries.... and that is probably a good thing. The problems are being inflexible to changes in the industry, or retaining poor workers just because they are part of the Union.

I say if Ohio wants to run the state into the ground let them.

Same with Bloomturd and turning downtown NYC into a sewer thanks to OWS.....or San Francisco with basically everything. One of the LAST pure freedoms left in this Country is the ability to move where I dont have to deal with this type of crap. Its like a ****ty neighbor. I could care less if they are one step away from an episode of Hoarders and living in filth inside their home. As long as I dont see it or smell it, let them wallow in their own filth. If the people who live in these places want this type of stuff.....let them have at it.

Edited by RkFast

There are still hazadous industries where cutting corners and ignoring the safety of workers can be disasterous, i.e. mining. Unions represent the best interests of the men and women who work in those industries.... and that is probably a good thing. The problems are being inflexible to changes in the industry, or retaining poor workers just because they are part of the Union.

Fine. Let's agree to keep unions for miners and make them illegal for government employees since none of those arguement apply to that wasteful, bloated population.

Unions represent the best interests of the unions, while playing lip service to the workers whose money they steal.

Especially public sector unions.

Edited by Koko78

Fine. Let's agree to keep unions for miners and make them illegal for government employees since none of those arguement apply to that wasteful, bloated population.

Now you know that if teachers and cops are forced to pay a portion of their health and retirement benefits, miners will die as a result.

If school districts are allowed to retain teachers or not based on performance, sweatshops will be all that are left.

:doh:

Unions represent the best interests of the unions, while playing lip service to the workers whose money they steal.

Especially public sector unions.

Not all of them...the DC steelworker's local is actually pretty damned well operated, I know.

But the teachers' unions are bloody well awful nationwide.

Unions have never dictated or negotiated curriculum; they only deal with working conditions.

And even if they did, are people actually suggesting they want labor unions creating school curriculum rather than elected officials?? :blink:

Unions have never dictated or negotiated curriculum; they only deal with working conditions.

Point of fact: though it's hardly universal, unions have been and are involved in textbook selection and purchase, lesson planning, and student "quality standards" (i.e. grading).

So while they may not "negotiate" or "dictate" curriculum, they can certainly exert plenty of influence. I can almost guarantee that the bigger ones like NYSUT or CTA exercise it.

And even if they did, are people actually suggesting they want labor unions creating school curriculum rather than elected officials?? :blink:

With the officials we elect, I'm not sure which is worse.