Question about the George Wilson (non) INT

Rayzer32

call like those make the game almost unwatchable. When you're getting furious at the BS referees, it makes the outcome of the game almost insignificant since you have to wonder how different this game, the Cincy game, and 47 other games this team has lost over the last decade. I have watched so many bad call against this team, i am almost numb to it, and rather expect it now.

Yeah, yeah....the Jets dominated the Bills, we played like crap (being outgained by a whopping 60 yards in the game), the refs have no impact on anything at all. I've heard that.

they suck. there was no reason to overturn that interception. there were at least 2, maybe 3 times the Bills receivers we interfered with. the long pass to Prison Break....he was jamming McKelvin's helmet for about 25 yards and then pushed him away so he could make the catch. The pass interference call on McKelvin was a bad call. Those last two plays alone gave the Jets 14 points. and the blown interception call gave them another 3.

Yeah, they kicked our butt. Of course they did. They didn't need the additional boost by the steroid man.

We talked about that, but once the challenge flag was thrown by fat ass Ryan, there was no reason not to show the replay cause it was already being challenged. It should have been shown to the fans once the play was being challenged. It was apparent enough to the players that the Jets defense was already out on the field ready to play ball, as was the Bills offense obviously.

I don't disagree with you but that it what a friend was told when they asked about it at a Bills Backers weekend, I don't understand why they won't show it once challenged either.

They don't play marginal calls at home (any team in the NFL) to try and give the opponents fewer chances to challenge a call, just another part of the home field advantage.

Of course, it didn't matter because there was about a 10-minute commercial break that allowed the Jets time to mix drinks, change into slippers and a bathrobe, review the call and make the challenge before we could snap the ball.

I was at the game in the 8th row and I saw the play at near eye level and it clearly looked like a pick to all of us who saw it. I was on the phone with my brother who was watching the game at home and he said it was a good pick by Wilson, that he had his hand underneath the ball. My question is why they never showed the replay at The Ralph??? They showed every other replay during the game, but this play was never shown, although it was on national TV. Was this because the NFL told the Bills not to show the replay so there wasn't any negative fan reaction? I have to wonder why they would not show such a marginal call on the Jumbotron. I am almost sure the NFL has an agenda. The Bills played like crap, but the refs were even worse.

Have the Bills ever lost that the refs weren't terrible? Every time we lose, you have a few people that blame it on the refs. The Bills would have lost yesterday if the refs had white jerseys on and a charging Buffalo on their hats. I too thought that it was too inconclusive to overturn, but the officiating in the league this is has been terrible all around, not just towards the Bills. It is the human element, and the Bills just have to learn to adjust if they want to be a successful team. Just as many questional calls go in the Bills favor as do the other team.

Edited by billsfreak

Just as many questional calls go in the Bills favor as do the other team.

I disagree. In fact some of my coworkers now watch Bills games when they're on because they know how rabid a fan I am, and even they get pissed at how one sided the refs seem to be. And remember, they're neutral third parties and I rarely bring the refs up to them at all.

I'm not saying that it was an INT but there was no conclusive evidence to overrule the call.

This was my thought as well. No matter what they ruled it on the field it should have stood because the replay was inconclusive. I have no idea how they overturned that call.

I disagree. In fact some of my coworkers now watch Bills games when they're on because they know how rabid a fan I am, and even they get pissed at how one sided the refs seem to be. And remember, they're neutral third parties and I rarely bring the refs up to them at all.

a few buddies of mine who are colts, steelers and rams fans said same thing looked like an INT and the BS PI calls/nocalls clearly seemed tipped to fat asses favor

Well...they can add it to the obvious offensive pass interference on Burress....and the completely uncatchable ball where McKelvincantcoveranybody got tangled up in the feed with Burris....which resulted in 2 scores

People can say that those calls dont mean anything......but 2 of those calls led to to TD's by the jets...the interception (i think) led to a field goal by the jets.....

That is 17 points.

I know that we got beat in every catagory on the field yesterday.....but the fact is those were difference making plays.

Exactly...That's it in a nutshell...Same thing that burned us in Cincy on Stevie's Catch got turned around on The Bills...

It's really amazingly inconsistent... B-)

I have to disagree, we get "consistently" jobbed on those challenge calls.

Wilson's hand was under the ball the whole time - Hochuli is a biased tool.

Not only did the video evidence support the INT, there was definately not enough evidence to overturn the ruling on the field.

I know it has become fashionable to say that we should never blame the refs and that we should just focus on getting good enough so that bad calls won't matter.

But any objective viewing of yesterday's game would yield three observations: (1) we did not play up to our potential; (2) the Jets had a better game plan than we did; and, yes, (3) every questionable call while the game's outcome was still in doubt went in the Jets' favor, to the tune of the very 17 points by which we lost the game. As badly as we played, and as well-prepared as the Jets were, if this game had been fairly called there is a very good chance that it would have come down to the final seconds, if not overtime. And I think that if the Jets don't realize this, they're going to be in for a serious can of whoop-a$$ in three weeks. Unless Hochuli and his crew get the game again, that is.