I am tired of...

NastyMan

I am tired of the Bills and the great city of Buffalo getting no respect. The reason why I say that is...yes I get it, it’s a big week of football with all the games going on (Bal vs. Pit, Giants vs. Pats, TB vs. NO, NYJ vs. Buf, and LSU vs. ALA). I listen to a lot of sports talk radio, I live in Corpus Christi TX but listen to the national stuff like NFL Radio and ESPN, and I feel like the Bills Jets game was talked about like a second tier game, which upsets me. I don't know if it’s because they are playing in Buffalo or nobody believes in the Bills. I for one think this is the most interesting game of the weekend. Not taking away from any of the other games but all week long it has been Alabama this and LSU that, all the time; or Baltimore this and Pittsburgh that the most fear rival in the NFL....blah blah blah. I think the AFC East rivals are just as important and this week in Buffalo is a huge game not only for the Bills who seem to still have to prove themselves to every one of those no billevers, but on the other hand when the Jets lose their playoff hopes are all but forgotten, it would take a story book run and a lot of teams falling apart for them to make it, so it is a must win for them and a prime opportunity for the Bills to shut them up. And this game hasn't gotten the attention and respect it deserves. JMO. Another thing Mike and Mike gave their mid-season awards this week and not one Bill was mentioned. I would have thought Chan would be mid-season coach of the year with the wins he has already compiled this year, and Freddy would have gotten some MVP talk, I mean without this guy our team is nowhere near as good he is the reason why we are where we are at period. I get it Aaron Rogers is good but his team can survive a couple weeks without him and still win, not the Bills without Freddy. So it just makes me wonder what is a MVP is it stat driven or a team commodity....you thoughts

Personally I am surprised at all the national attention we are getting. Usually good teams that come out of nowhere are disregarded as flukes until they put something significant together however the national media is taking this team seriously. I Billieve it's do to the fact that we are pretty solid in all phases of the ball, sure we've been suspect at times on defense but overall how can you not like what your seeing. This team FINALLY has a core group of players that we can build a team around. With this front office being very capable of determining talent it is going to be awesome to see what this team does in the next several years. I'm excited and I think the national media is too. GO BILLS!!!

Until our beloved Bills prove that they are on top to stay & a team to be reckoned with they will not get the respect they deserve .

Every one is just sitting back and waiting for the wheels to fall off like in 05 , so they have to go out every week & prove it . Even then they will all think that this year is a fluke with the lock out & all .

Plus every one feels that Ralph is cheap & won't sign Stevie & Fred along with them all thinking that as soon as Ralph passes the Bills will no longer be in NY so they have a lot to over come to earn the respect that they are due .

But remember we have Boomer on our side !! No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills !!!!! :thumbsup:

You are correct. Here and there commentators speak about the Bills, but not like they do about Phiily, the Pats and Dallas.---- Each wseek I hear "IF the BILLS win THIS week, they are for real" --- I heard that against the Raiders, the Patriots and against Philadelphia; however, here we are once again, and the commentators are squakling the same rhetoric once again.

I anxiously have to 'wait' to hear a snip-it about the Bills and it's usually a 30 second piece about Revis or Rex Ryan....I'm sick of it. NOBODY has NATIONALLY mentioned that the two losses we DID suffer were by 3 points each and our 5-2 record could easily have been 7-0. (Of course, all the negative Sally's on this board will argue the fact that we could also be 3-4 minus the comeback games)

We earned respect already!

What will it take; week 17 with a 12-4 record for us to enter the playoffs where we can 'prove ourselve' yet again. F*#k the National media!

I know Rome had George Wilson on one day this week, and I think he had Stevie on the day before, but I was just turning the radio when I thought he said thanks to him. Fitz has been all over. They were the cover of SI.

I am tired of ....

...the fact that so many posters can't understand that the national media exists to ballwash fans in the major markets that contribute so much to their advertising revenue.

It's simple prostitution, man. Don't take it personnally.

I listen to a bunch of random sports talk on XM radio. ESPN, Fox, Mike and Mike, Cowherd, Dan Patrick, even west coast stuff like the Loose Cannons and Petros & Money. We're getting plenty of attention and mentions. Chan was just on Mike and Mike yesterday.

...the fact that so many posters can't understand that the national media exists to ballwash fans in the major markets that contribute so much to their advertising revenue.

It's simple prostitution, man. Don't take it personnally.

So… I should dress better at Happy Hour if…

THANKS!!!

Fine if you live near Buffalo and every station is talking about the Bills. Rest of us have to listen to national radio and hope the Bills get a 10 sec mention between long discussions of the courage of Tony Romo playing with bad ribs and the NBA lockout.

:thumbsup: I agree. Bills beat the Pats and we were 'lucky' ---The Steelers beat them and they are 'rejuvinated' 'posess the bluprint to beat Brady' and are now 'the best team in the AFC'

I suppose being 'unknown' is our M.O. and that's what makes the Bills fascinating. I've waited nearly 20 years to have my team in the limelight and now that we are, I get sick of STILL hearing about the teams struggling who 'SHOULD HAVE' been championship caliber this season.

:thumbsup: I agree. Bills beat the Pats and we were 'lucky' ---The Steelers beat them and they are 'rejuvinated' 'posess the bluprint to beat Brady' and are now 'the best team in the AFC'

I suppose being 'unknown' is our M.O. and that's what makes the Bills fascinating. I've waited nearly 20 years to have my team in the limelight and now that we are, I get sick of STILL hearing about the teams struggling who 'SHOULD HAVE' been championship caliber this season.

Yep. Bills beat Eagles "whats wrong with the Eagles?" Not "wow the Bills slammed the dream team!".

You are correct. Here and there commentators speak about the Bills, but not like they do about Phiily, the Pats and Dallas.---- Each wseek I hear "IF the BILLS win THIS week, they are for real" --- I heard that against the Raiders, the Patriots and against Philadelphia; however, here we are once again, and the commentators are squakling the same rhetoric once again.

I anxiously have to 'wait' to hear a snip-it about the Bills and it's usually a 30 second piece about Revis or Rex Ryan....I'm sick of it. NOBODY has NATIONALLY mentioned that the two losses we DID suffer were by 3 points each and our 5-2 record could easily have been 7-0. (Of course, all the negative Sally's on this board will argue the fact that we could also be 3-4 minus the comeback games)

What will it take; week 17 with a 12-4 record for us to enter the playoffs where we can 'prove ourselve' yet again. F*#k the National media!

Actually, just this morning Mike and Mike were praising the Bills. They did mention our 2 loses, were by a combined 6 points, to teams with 5-2 records. They were also on Freddys d hardcore. Greenburg mentioned how he has Freddy on his fantasy team and how great he is.

No. They will talk about why the Jet's DIDN'T make the playoffs, not why we did.

Actually, just this morning Mike and Mike were praising the Bills. They did mention our 2 loses, were by a combined 6 points, to teams with 5-2 records. They were also on Freddys d hardcore. Greenburg mentioned how he has Freddy on his fantasy team and how great he is.

How dare you combat his rant with fact and reason!

Next you'll talk about how chan was on M&M yesterday or half the espn talking heads have picked us as best in the afce this week.

Jerk.

If people are still waiting for Buffalo to get equal coverage with huge markets like NY or NE, or marquee franchises like Pitt, then all i can say is keep waiting.

That said, a lot of the national ESPN coverage this week has been focused on Buffalo/Jets. Much more so than say, Chicago, which has a competitive team in a very big market.

I'd stop complaining and just watch and enjoy the game with your own eyes.