Brad Smith - Are we using him correctly?

MClem06

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As others have said, the best of Brad Smith is that he's not a Jet and delivers 1st downs. It's probably just me, but I think he's not too happy with his limited touches, though his drops have diminished that role.

Against the Jets, I think he'll be highly motivated to show them what they're missing by letting him go elsewhere. I'd like to see him feign a run in the middle then pull up and pass (ala Tebow) to a wide open ...wait for it... Ryan Fitzpatrick for a TD!

This kickoff rule came along at a bad time for the Bills.....because we just signed a great return man

The kickoff rule was changed well before the Bills signed Smith. They knew it's effect and that it would limit Smith's effectiveness as a kick returner. Gailey wanted him as him more as his latter-day "Slash."

And daily news etc are out there telling the public that smith hasn't amounted to much here. In all those stats nothing about 3rd down conversions or first downs, many of them critical.

If all the guy does here is get first downs, he's doing a good job. He is not doing less than he is asked, and when the time comes to ask more of him, with hope, he'll be ready.

These articles in the Jersey/NYC press are understating his worth. He's converted about 10 third downs for us. Don't know why he's not attempting passes, but as far as the kick returns go, our entire ST stats are low this year.

He's been a valuable asset to this team, and I can only imagine it improving.