More from the "Religion of Peace" (tm)

How can puppets rule supreme? How can I possibly agree with non-sensical drivel like that?

Your "point" has nothing to do with the original topic. When I posed a question to you and NoJustice regarding the political climate in Europe and asked for your views on proposed legislation designed to curb what they're calling the "Islamification" of Europe, you two totally dodged the issue and responded with a litany of "you started it. Christians did evil things too. American is hyper violent."

The changes happening in Europe, which could cross the pond at some point, will require a response from the true Muslim community. It will require the real Muslim community to have an honest discussion about the radical element in their ranks, take measures to counter the fundamental trend, and demonstrate through their actions that they truly stand for peace and have no sympathy for the fundamentalist movement. When the West turns to the moderate Muslims and asks "who are these people who say they represent you and why are they killing us?" and the response is "of course terrorism is bad, BUT YOU F'ING STARTED IT! WHAT DID YOU EXPECT? CHRISTIANS AND AMERICANS ARE SUPER VIOLENT TOO AND THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT," its probably not going to turn out very well. And that would truly be a shame.

And how do you know the "real Muslim community" is not already doing what you suggest? For instance, did you see any mention of this on your side of the Atlantic?

Muslim peace conference

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's funny how you demand us to admit to be radical or having a radical element when you cannot admit the same! Also how did "we" start this, the title is offense you moron! This entire time you've attacked us and you're surprised at the response?

Dude you're a manipulator! You cannot answer a simple !@#$ing question!

Says the guy who dodged my question yet again.

What radicalism should I admit to? I do not practice Christianity or any other organized religion, so what extreme faction do I represent? Never said you started the thread and of course I'm not surprised that you weaseled out of addressing the topic at hand, yet again.

By the way, you haven't addressed any questions to me, so how and why would I answer?

Tom, sometimes while one is at work they have to sit through a lecture or a meeting and that was the case with me today. I still don't get why I'm "under the knife", I haven't questioned all the devout Christians about their daily rituals concerning their faith. Obviously this is an attempt to make me seem like a "Bad Muslim" or whatever but really it's childish to assume any of that. As for why I can text on here it's because I'm in room with eight other people sitting through an instruction lecture(one I've sat through three times so it's not important I pay attention/No, I'm not sitting through it again because I couldn't get it right. I sat through it at school, G.Y.S. & a week ago, but someone forgot to tell Dr. "No".)...

All of that crap aside Tom, you're a pretty smart dude and even though you like to !@#$ with people from time to time you're alright.

No, actually that was an honest question, not an attempt to make you seem like a "bad Muslim". I've worked with guys that have interrupted meetings (casual ones) for prayer...I've also worked with ones that were afraid to until I said "Go ahead, it's important, we can take a break." I was curious on your view.

Don't assume I hate Muslims - quite the opposite, if you'd read my past posts. I just hate stupid.

Granada? Dude you're mentally ill.

We're getting attacked by 6 or 7 other people besides you so your "questions" can get lost in the mix.

You seem to have me confused with OCBills, but as you've already conceded that you're just generally confused, I won't push the issue.

How old were you in 1st grade? Answer that and you'll see my point.

Dude you attack people personally and you don't expect them to get upset? !@#$ing child.

What is your stance on Muslims who react violently to "insult" of Mohammed or islam and general?

I think a person who responds with violence over an issue of faith is misinformed and ignorant of civilized society. As for people insult Mohammed, Jesus, David or whoever it shows their ignorance.

:)

It does have a chilling effect, this firebombing kind of thing. Makes people like me concerned that this is the prevailing attitude among Muslims. Out of curiosity, are you an Arab?

My family is from Portugal/Spain/Germany

It's sad those sorts of things happen. I honestly believe it's the result of frustration, misguidance and corruption. I've never met a Muslim that resorts to violence.

Desperation makes people in general resort to horrible things. Countries that are under occupation just so happen to be countries the predominantly have Muslim populations.

People are the result of their surroundings, the entire middle east is in a transitional period. The people are revolting against these sponsored tyrants. In time that desperate mentality of extremists will serve no purpose.

Through peace desperation's seed can find no purchase.

My family is from Portugal/Spain/Germany

It's sad those sorts of things happen. I honestly believe it's the result of frustration, misguidance and corruption. I've never met a Muslim that resorts to violence.

I've only personally known a few muslims. They were all nice people, but different. They're all Pakistani, so I don't know whether some of the differences are from being Muslim or being Pakistani. But we never had an honest discussion about this kinda ****. You know, the whole "religion and politics" thing.

What is your stance on Muslims who react violently to "insult" of Mohammed or islam and general?

I'm glad you asked. Here's the answer:

Question

Assalamu 'alaikum, Dr. Hathout. How does a true believer respond to insults?

Answer

Wa'alykum assalamu rahmatullah.

We find the answer clearly stated in the Qur'an when Allah SWT talks about those who would control their anger and even goes further to recommend forgiveness. The verse goes as follows: "Those who spend (freely), whether in prosperity, or in adversity; who restrain anger, and forgive (all) people; for Allah loves those who do good." (Ali-'Imran: 134)

The Qur'an also teaches us: " Hold to forgiveness; command what is right; but turn away from the ignorant." (Al-'Araf: 199)

Therefore, a Muslim is not supposed to respond to an insult by another insult, especially in the area of religion because what others may insult is dearer and more important to us than anything else.

According to the religion of Islam, Muslims can only respond to verbal

abuse, mockery and lampooning of their faith and its sacred figures in

the following forms.

1. Any criticism of Islam, or allegations against it, which underlie

the abuse must be refuted and answered by means of words and

speech.

2. Apart from answering specific criticism, all possible efforts

must be made to present the true and accurate picture of Islam

in general. With more enlightenment and less ignorance

prevailing about Islam and its Holy Prophet Muhammad, the

instances of abuse, vituperation and mockery will decrease.

3. As regards the offence or hurt that Muslims naturally feel as a

result of such abuse, they are taught to respond by:

a) bearing the provocation with resolute patience,

b) ignoring the abuse,

c) separating themselves temporarily from the company of

the abusers while the abuse continues,

d) exercising forgiveness in view of the ignorance of the

abusers.

All this is stated plainly and categorically in the Holy Quran and is

evident from the actions of the Holy Prophet Muhammad. It is not

allowed by Islam to respond intemperately with fury and rage, call for

physical retribution and punishment, or threaten or attack anyone with

physical violence.

It is entirely false and totally unfounded to allege that Islam teaches

Muslims to attack or seek to murder anyone who verbally abuses their

religion, mocks it, or offends their feelings towards their faith.

As you can see, people aren't perfect. We all have our flaws, but the religion isn't the one to blame. Man is. Myself included, even here in this thread I violated the teachings of Islam.

Out of curiosity to any Muslims on the board

You have to share fairly close quarters with another man for a month- you can pick a man with any of the following belief systems

1. Muslim but not your form ie Sunni if you are Shia or Shia if you are Sunni

2. Fundamentalist Jew

3. Fundamentalist Christian

4. Nominal Jew

5. Nominal Christian

6. agnostic

7. atheist

8. Hindu

9. Buddhist

who would be your first and second choice and who would be your last choice

I'm not going anywhere near this question.

Out of curiosity to any Muslims on the board

You have to share fairly close quarters with another man for a month- you can pick a man with any of the following belief systems

1. Muslim but not your form ie Sunni if you are Shia or Shia if you are Sunni

2. Fundamentalist Jew

3. Fundamentalist Christian

4. Nominal Jew

5. Nominal Christian

6. agnostic

7. atheist

8. Hindu

9. Buddhist

who would be your first and second choice and who would be your last choice

Your faith is your faith. My conversion to Islam took place without coercion and that's my approach. If you're a practicing Christian or whatever I don't pressure my faith upon anyone. But I also do not condone bashing ANY faith.

I hope we all can find a common ground one day. Honestly.